Politics Elizabeth Smart

Oh I saw this interview on tv! THAT WAS A COMPLETE MIRACLE! When she was found and was all over the newspapers my teacher was all like, "OMG THEY FOUND HER..." and my friends and I were all like, "WOAH! That is so cool that she was found and back home!'' THAT WAS AN ABSOLUTE MIRACLE and what she had to go through was just dreadful.

Me too!!! The thing that touched me about the interview is when she said she felt triumphant and even took her parents to the place where she had been held.

I apologize if this offends anyone but personally, I don't know why there is such a controversy over Elizabeth Smart returning home. Ok, it's great that she's safe and unharmed but there are hundreds of children that are kidnapped and society hasn't bothered to search for them. Why? Because these families aren't as rich as Elizabeth Smart's.

She could've easily escaped her captors but instead she lets these freaks, who call themselves "God", brainwashed her. Ah, religion can really influence you. Don't use wigs, sunglasses, and phony accents.

But who knows...? Threatening someone who's extremely religious using religion as bait can really affect someone I guess. -_-

i think it was a mircle. i watched the show with katie couric. its kinda scary though because her and the guy that kidnapped her were in my little town 2 weeks before they found her. SCARY! but im SOOOO glad she was found. i think she is very pretty and shy and glad that she is safe!

Mental health experts say that systematic verbal and physical abuse can lead to a complete loss of control, can make it emotionally impossible for a hostage to flee.

That's part of the article, and I believe it's true. You can't go saying that Elizabeth should was weak for not running away. She tried in the beginning, but after several months of mental and physical abuse...MANY people wouldn't run away. It wasn't just her own private weakness, it would be that way for many people. I doubt that it was just because she was religious either...religious people aren't any more stupid than the rest.

Back