Ellen DeGeneres

I guess thats how you spell her name. I dont think I'll like her. I mean she has no musical background so shes not gonna know if someones on or off key. I think the whole thing is a joke, definitely getting to the end of American Idol. Plus I read that it will end by 2012.

Ellen's not qualified to judge a singing contest.

Sure, everyone recognises great singing and terrible singing, but it takes an expert to judge phrasing, pitch, timbre/tonal quality, resonance, breath control, amount of vibrato appropriate to a song, vocal agility versus showing off, and presentation.

Now that she's had time to judge the competition on a few episodes now, what is your opinion of her?

I know Paula had her fanbase but she didn't seem to add more or less to the conversation then Ellen does. Maybe she'll be the "everyday person", the one who sits at home and judges the singers based on what they want to hear on the radio.

I agree in stating that she does not qualify to be a judge on American Idol, a show designated to showing the potential of singers.. I find it a big ridiculous that they would put that sort of power in her hands, having the opportunity to make or break one's dreams. However, she does have a way with people, and finds it easy to make them laugh. That is most likely the reason why they chose her to fill the opening spot as judge.. but their reasoning is illogic, as the show isn't about laughs and giggles. It's about assisting people who deserve a singing career. This is my look on it.

Back