Emmy Nominations Announced!

From Yahoo!-
The Primetime Emmy Nominations were announced this morning, July 17th. Alias has been nominated in the Best Lead Actress category (Jennifer Garner) and the Best Supporting Actress category (Lena Olin). Congratulations to both of these fine actresses!

Whoa, I missed a lot, even with going to Emmy.com! Here is Sarah Vartan's List, copied from post below. Please credit her.:

Here is everything they were nominated for:

Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series
Alias • ABC • Touchstone Television
Jennifer Garner as Sydney Bristow

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Drama Series

Victor Garber as Agent Jack Bristow

Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Drama Series

Lena Olin as Irina Derevko/Laura Bristow

Outstanding Sound Editing For A Series

Alias • Phase One • ABC • Touchstone Television
Thomas E. deGorter, M.P.S.E., Supervising Sound Editor
Chris Reeves, M.P. S.E., Sound Editor
Mark Allen, Sound Editor
Jay Keiser, Sound Editor
Stephen Davis, Music Editor
Joseph Sabella, Foley Artist
Zane Bruce, Foley Artist

Outstanding Stunt Coordination
Alias • The Telling • ABC • Touchstone Television
Jeff Habberstad, Stunt Coordinator

Outstanding Makeup For A Series (Non-Prosthetic)
Alias • The Counteragent • ABC • Touchstone Television
Michael P. Reitz, Hair Stylist
Karen Bartek, Hair Stylist

Outstanding Costumes For A Series

Laura Goldsmith, Costume Designer
Wendy Greiner, Costume Supervisor
Leslie Eve Herman, Costume Supervisor

Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Drama Series

Maryann Brandon, A.C.E., Editor

Outstanding Cinematography For A Single-Camera Series

Alias • Double Agent • ABC • Touchstone Television
Michael Bonvillain, Director of Photography

Outstanding Art Direction For A Single-Camera Series

Alias • Phase One • ABC • Touchstone Television Scott Chambliss, Production Designer
Cecele De Stefano, Art Director
Karen Manthey, Set Decorator

Outstanding Hairstyling For A Series
Alias • The Counteragent • ABC • Touchstone Television
Michael P. Reitz, Hair Stylist
Karen Bartek, Hair Stylist

Unfortunately not!
The nominees for the Best Drama Series are :
CSI
Six Feet Under
The Sopranos
The West Wing

vivi said:
Unfortunately not!
The nominees for the Best Drama Series are :
CSI
Six Feet Under
The Sopranos
The West Wing
They don't know good t.v. when the see it! Haha!
Oh yeah my friend's uncle works on Six Feet Under.(Jeremy Sisto)

So it got 11 nominations total, including 3 major ones!! I was really relieved that Lena Olin was nominated; I knew Jennifer Garner would be, and Victor Garber was also likely, but I'm actually surprised that the Emmy voters were smart enough to bestow a nomination on Lena Olin. (And I won't even go into my disgust about the Best Drama nominees....West Wing over Alias??!! Come on, Emmy voters, are you literally insane?!?")

But except for that, I think the show made out pretty well. Congratulations to everybody from the show, especially Victor Garber, Lena Olin, and Jennifer Garner!! Cheers! :cheers:

Brilliant news, I hope this give the show a boost, I just hope now that they all win.

Congratulations to everyone! I'm gratified that all three of our top actors were recognized! Now let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that someone brings one home.
:D

(Wait a minute . . . no nom for Neal McDonough? Who are these people? I guess I should be happy we don't still have 5 noms for West Wing supporting actors . . . and at least Kiefer Sutherland got a nom . . .)

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I'm very disappointed to see that Ron Rifkin did not get nominated, he did a fantastic job of Sloane, you simply cannot find anyone more evil than him.

But congrats to Lena! I thought that one might have been the real tough one to get, and I think she definitely has a chance now that she's in the run.

And Jen definitely deserves the Emmy this time around. What with the "Indicator," "Phase One," "The Telling," "Truth Takes Time," and much more, she has accomplished so much this year.

And sadly, all the "old" shows go nominated for...sigh...Best Drama...Which Alias should be in!

much luv-
JoJo
</span>

I was surprised, and very happy, over Lena Olin's nom. I thought she was going to be overlooked...

But yeah, how did West Wing get nominated for best drama instead of Alias? :blink: I think there are some things I will never understand.

um hum. i have to agree with everyone else. why did West Wing come over Alias?! and i was surpised at Lena Olin's nom but the more the merrier, best of luck to all three especially Jennifer!!!! :lol: wonder if she's gonna go alone this year....
--Mandy :angelic:

Existentialist said:
But yeah, how did West Wing get nominated for best drama instead of Alias?  :blink: I think there are some things I will never understand.
Knee-jerk reaction. It's slid in quality steadily since the first season but continued to pull in the noms . . . but at least they aren't getting the staggering # that they did last year. I think part of it is that the production still looks very good (y'know, movie quality--something that Alias has in its favor too).
;)

mystery_chick Posted on Jul 17 2003, 04:22 PM
i was surpised at Lena Olin's nom but the more the merrier, best of luck to all three
No surprise. When Irina Derevko showed up in person, what a change in the dramatic feeling of the show! :cheers: And she kept the character going and all of us guessing, good, bad or some of both. :confused:
I am thrilled that the entire spy family was nominated. Let's hope the voters tune into Alias a lot during the next few weeks before they vote. :lol:
ABC had better not interrupt those Sunday night showings. :angry:
Again, :groupwave:

:cool:

Congrats to everyone who got nominated for Alias. :smiley: I watched the announcement live this morning on Fox and Friends and when I saw Jennifer's name announced, I was really happy. :smiley: Then I came and found out that Victor and Lena were nominated, too and that's awesome. Best of luck to all.

Watching Regis and Kelly this morning...they announced the people there. Not nominated for best drama are we now. HMPH!

Back