Empire

V

verdantheart

I just put a note in the news remarking that I'd seen that Mr Garber is to appear in Empire, the upcoming Roman saga (limited series) on ABC. It's ungodly expensive (they reported 30 million for 8 episodes!) and produced by Zadan/Meron, which kinda explains why they saved a role for Mr Garber (other than the fact that he's always excellent, of course). They said he plays "Caesar," so I'm going to assume that means Julius. The story is the fall of Julius/rise of Augustus with a gladiator thrown in the mix (apparently someone asked the question if there was a series in Gladiator--hey, I'm just the messenger).
;) ✌️

I'm just anticipating that Mr Garber will probably appear with his curls less tamed than usual because Romans were supposed to have curly hair. ;)
✌️

Frogboy_Lives said:
So we have toga, curls, most likely sandals which will show off the feet and lower legs...

Who's up for a quick trip to Rome?
*raises hand* When do we leave?

Victor in toga, curls, and sandals . . . :love:

Definitely must-see TV, and definitely a must-have for my Garber Collection one day!

Fall? Wow! They've got a lot of filming to do if they're going to put 8 episodes together. And I have also heard that Victor will be onstage in LA for a limited run of "A Little Night Music. He is going to be a busy man this summer. ^_^

Apparently it seems that he is no longer doing Empire. On IMDB, his name is no longer on the cast list. I had heard that he was in Rome at some point during the summer to film Empire. Perhaps, they had more scenes he had to do, but since he was doing the play, they had to replace him. I don't know.

man that sucks, i would have loved to see him in empire. i am a big fan of his and its hard for me to see anything thats not on tv or dvd since i live in the midwest. maybe he should come to chi-town and do a play. or maybe i should just get out of the midwest

filmlover said:
Apparently it seems that he is no longer doing Empire.  On IMDB, his name is no longer on the cast list.  I had heard that he was in Rome at some point during the summer to film Empire.  Perhaps, they had more scenes he had to do, but since he was doing the play, they had to replace him.  I don't know.
[post="1002298"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:(
[Merged topics]

Interestingly, I stopped by the Futon Critic looking at the latest projects under development and came across Empire. It showed production as having begun on 2/7/05 for 6 episodes and Mr Garber is on the current cast list. (Hm, though, I wonder if production was temporarily suspended because of current sad events . . .)
✌️

Nope, latest press release says "Colm Feore as Julius Caesar". Oh, well . . . -_-

ETA: :lol: Oh, the fellow from Storm of the Century! . . . whaddaya know . . . that should be interesting . . . definitely a different type . . .

Back