end times prophecies?

screenersam

This is news, Vincenzo, NEWS!
I've noticed a lot of action on other forums re Bible prophecy and end times. co-incidently (or not!) many Muslims believe in the imminent return of the '12th Imam' or Al-Mahdi, an Islamic Messiah.
I've read one theory that the Mahdi is the same as the Christian anti-Christ, as both will rule for 7 years, make war on Jews and Christians, etc.
http://www.raptureready.com/soap/ua2.html

in addition, there is no doubt there are many earthquakes and troubles around the world, many prophesied in the 24th chapter of Matthew in the Bible.

do we find credence in such 'non-scientific' speculation?

Yes, Muslims do believe that Jesus shall return after things get really bad, like things aren't bad enough already. But, GOD will choose when it is the end.......I don't think any of us can prepare for the when it's time, it will just happen. And yes, there are plenty signs showing that we are nearing the end......the devil knows this and is trying to get as many people on his side as possible, it won't do him any good, GOD is in charge.

LOL, Utter fantasy. The end of the world has come and gone many times for humans. Our current society is on the brink of self-destruction but natural events do not have an ulterior motive. They do have a natural cycle tho. The issue is that their natural cycle is far outside the humans ability to perceive.

When you build your cities on the beach you can be sure they will be destroyed by water. If you build your cities on a tectonic fault line you can be sure they will fall from earthquakes. If you build your cities on a volcano, fire is your destiny.

Much to most humans disbelief we live on a living changing planet that moves beneath us. It changes and morphs to its own accord. It has no agenda against or for the population.

The end of the world is purely a human perspective. We make it happen. The 'World' is only our own concept of what we think life is all about. Its the society that we created as an illusion to the reality of existence. Religion is nothing more than another method to try to control society. Science is a feeble attempt to understand reality.

One thing that really gets me about God destroying the world to punish humans is...If God is all powerful and has complete control why not just destroy the humans and leave the planet alone? Did the planet also sin against him? If God can create everything that has ever or will ever exist, why not just melt all humans into goo or better yet, wink them out of existence? With the powers humans attribute to God, it seems to me he should be quite capable of selecting those he wishes to spare and those he wishes to remove. Why would a supreme being of the universe, with omnipotent power need to create so much drama to get the job done? If the universe is his creation and it was created for humans and humans have failed him, why not just clear it and start again?

No, the end times are not upon us, they never will be. The end of society will not be the end of humans. Your world may crumble and people will die but mankind will continue. At least until some extinction even ends our gene pool. If you strip away all the drama, expectations and illusions what you have left is a very confused animal.

One thing that really gets me about God destroying the world to punish humans is...If God is all powerful and has complete control why not just destroy the humans and leave the planet alone? Did the planet also sin against him? If God can create everything that has ever or will ever exist, why not just melt all humans into goo or better yet, wink them out of existence? With the powers humans attribute to God, it seems to me he should be quite capable of selecting those he wishes to spare and those he wishes to remove. Why would a supreme being of the universe, with omnipotent power need to create so much drama to get the job done? If the universe is his creation and it was created for humans and humans have failed him, why not just clear it and start again?

the gist of Christian eschatology, as I understand it, is that this will eventually happen. essentially, God gave the planet earth to man and we've mucked things up a bit, so He's going to eventually step back in and restore order. He gives humans free will to accept or reject Him.

as far as these times being different, the difference maker was the return of Israel as a nation in 1948. never in recorded history has a people maintained it's identity and religion in exile, and restored as a state.

Back