Enders Series

Haha I'm reading that book right now! I'm almost done. I think I have like 5 pages left.

The book is pretty good! The only thing I don't like is how they're fighting buggers? Hah, I kinda get annoyed when I read about aliens that want to take over.

yup! the end makes u understand and want to read the next book..

I read up till xenocide but couldn't finish...just wasn't the same without ender as a young person anymore...

read nearly all of bean's book cept for the last...i have it but haven't read it yet...getting there!

I've only read Ender's Game and The Shadow of the Hedgemod [sp?]...great books though...

As for the movie...I'm not sure if anything is going on with it anymore...but I remember trying to follow it in like the 6th grade...around 5-4 years ago...and nothing seems to be going on. Unfortunately. But in all honestly...if they were to do Ender's Game...where are they going to get a slew of talented child actors to protray the roles written by Card?

I've just read "Ender's Game" and I loved it!

Then again, it was REQUIRED for a summer reading project, along with JANE EYRE and THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO, so of course Ender's Game was the best.

I LOVE ENDERS GAME! It's seriously my favorite series, well I really like the Shadow series too. They are so good! I've gotten 3 of my friends to read them, and now they're all obsesed with them, just like me! lol.

Edit: I just realized not everyone reading this has read Shadow of the Giant, so I took off some of what I wrote before, 'cause it gave some stuff away...

Anywho, yeah they're great books, i recomend them for ANYONE!

haha i was actually walking in abookstore the other day and saw "shadow of the giant" and was like...what's this...

picked it up and started reading the summary. Now i have to read that book! lol. i still haven't read shadow puppets yet though..so umm...eventually ill get there...

I really can't get into speaker for the dead. And I"m not even expanding the effort to read it. I"m listening to it in audio format, and I totally zone out. In fact, at work, I end up being more focused on my work then taht book, because frankly my work seemes more interesting. This was totally not the case when I listen to Harry potter, or Ender's game for that matter.

I loved Ender's Game the way I loved few books. I also read Ender's Shadow and it was a very good read as well.

On the recommendation of my best friends who have reade them, I never read Speaker for the Dead, etc. as they all agreed it would only annoy me because it was VASTYLY different in scope and tone from the 1st book. I did read Shadow of the Hegemon and afterwards wished I hadn't.

Laswt I heard about the movie was a few years ago, when i saw OSC on the signing tour for Shadow of the Hegemon. He said the movie was going to be both Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow told together to give the counterpoint of Bean's perspective.

Of course this was years ago, and even IMDB lists the movie as a 2007 release, but that was updated in February 2004.
So......don't go holding your breath.

Besides, if Hollywood ever gets a whiff of OSC's very anti-Paletsinian ideas the movie will get blacklisted faster than....well something fast.

Anyway, I did love Ender's Game, but I think I have a different point of view on the ending and the actual nature of it's tragedy.

Hmmmm, this thread isn't marked spoilers, so I better not explain. Let me just say that as much as I loved EG, I loved Robert Heinlein's Starship Troopers even more.

(*Any of you who just rolled you eyes because you have seen the movie version stop right there-90% of the books actualy philisophical and moral conent was jettisoned and or parodied....the movie was pop corn munching action where as the book was serious as a heart attack*)

there is some slight similarity, not only being that the enemy is an impalacable bug-like alien race. I did loose some respect for OSC when, after his talk in which he said to read all the classic S/F lit if you ever want to be a writer, he said he had never read SST.

I doubt I will ever read any mnore of OSC's books though, due to his tendency to turn his heros into 'jesus christ' characters-not that it offends me, just that I fiind it boring.

But yeah seriously, read Ender's Game. And always remember:

The Enemy's gate is DOWN! ;)

Back