• 1 - It was bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - It was OK

• 3 - It was good

• 4 - It was great!

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever! It was SO good!

• Total voters
quietgirl27012 Posted on Apr 7 2003, 11:57 AM
I think that Syd has to realize that she can't always do what she wants. She is an agent of the CIA just like everyone else there and has to follow orders

:rolleyes: I like her better when she's a fighter. She took the initiative when she went after Caplan. She was right. She's got the brains her mother and father gave her, so why not use them, especially when she senses it's the right thing to do. She's backed down a couple of times for Jack and he was wrong both times. (n) Sydney's 28 and in the prime of her life and with the experience she's had, her opinion should count. :angry:
Yes, she should follow orders when they make sense, but as we all know, sometimes orders are at the mercy of bureaucratic nitwits or people who can't see the forest for the trees. (I hope I got that quote right)

lenafan said:
. . . She's backed down a couple of times for Jack and he was wrong both times. (n) Sydney's 28 and in the prime of her life and with the experience she's had, her opinion should count. :angry:
Yes, she should follow orders when they make sense, but as we all know, sometimes orders are at the mercy of bureaucratic nitwits or people who can't see the forest for the trees. (I hope I got that quote right)
I still say that they were both right and both wrong and should have compromised with Sydney getting the tracker while Jack made his own assessment of Mrs Caplan's reliability (which he did eventually). If he had let Sydney get the tracker early--which could be done without significantly endangering her since it was through an underground channel--then he would have had plenty of time to make his assessment and set up a real team to go in with her--and possibly catch Sark. But no, Sydney would rather butt heads with him and go off on her own, and Jack would rather be protective of Sydney to the point of interfering with her job.
-_-

Except Sydney was right. THere was no time to do the assessment. By the time she got there, assured Caplan etc , he had 60 seconds, then 30 seconds. Caplan would have died.
Maybe we all underestimate Sydney's intuition as an agent. She's been a field agent for 8 years! (Recruited at 19, trained, then sent on assignments by SD-6) I can see Jack being protective the first few years, but he's got to give her credit when she assess's her feelings and tells him. (Oh yes, I know, maybe she's a lot confused when it comes to her Mother, but then who wouldn't be?) But other times? Her instinct is what makes her a good field agent. (That and the writers!)

If they had planned it, Jack could have pulled things together on his end and had everything packed on a plane and ready to leave immediately by the time Sydney had the intel on Caplan's whereabouts and they probably would have gotten there faster than with Vaughn getting out (he had to get the equipment and transport) and meeting her alone and the two of them going in alone and being delayed by resistance. He might have even pulled in European assets even faster.

Sydney delayed going in until Vaughn's arrival. And, by the way, didn't I say Jack should have listened to her opinion? She should have listened to his as well, and they should have come to a compromise that would have led to an even more successful mission.
;)

14yearoldaliasluver said:
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN OK ALIAS! in my opion a good alias is one with out some syd vaughn action and just some kicking butt. a great alias is when they talk like in the cel about the watch and a one of the best alias i would rate would be like where they make out a stuff. jus my rating! lol :lol:
go ahead laf i know im a dork geek whatever! :geek:

lauren vartan
I totally agree!

~lilspi :shh:

it's definetely one of my fav. ads, i kinda guessed they were gonn akill dixon's wife when she got in the car, but the explosion really made me jump..and i never jump! it was so sad...

this one of my fav. episodes i love the part wiht the drawer it thought it was funny. the conversation that weiss & Vaughn had was the best part. i loved her out fits & costumes in this episode!

Back