Enemies in Love

awwww. i love it! great job. can't wait to see what you're gonna write next.
--Mandy :angelic:

Chapter Three

Hey guys! OMG! I am having so much fun writing this. I'm like obsessing over what is going to happen next, because honestly when I sit down at the computer to write the next chapter of a fic, I hardley ever have any idea! LOL! Well, anyway I'm gunna write this chapter now, instead of tonight because I think I'm going to be out tonight and I want to get you peeps a chapter up today. So... here ya go! Teehee! Love u babes! ~GC

He stepped off the elevator, and into the night air below. Spotting a bench down the street, he decided to sit down and wait for his partner to get there.
Sitting down, he knew, was a mistake. Sitting down allowed his mind to wander. And he knew exactly where his mind was going to wander to.
He was thinking about Claire. Why was he thinking about Claire? She was just some girl he had met at a bar. A girl, that oh by the way, lived on the opposite side of the country from him. A girl that he would probably never see again. Oh, and a girl he wasn't allowed to have.
Just then, he spotted his partner, walking towards him. His head was down and the collar of his jacket was pulled up. Michael couldn't help but laugh. Although the disguise was supposed to make him discrete, invisible, it made him look like he was a shady, up to something, person and therefor attracted more attention. This new spy still had a lot to learn. Michael, unfortunately, was the one who was assigned to teach it to him.
"Hey." Michael said, when he had caught up to him. "What's up? I thought I had the rest of the weekend off? Is everything okay?"
"Fine. I transferred the device successfully, but I............."he said, looking down.
"What happened?" Michael asked, trying to be patient.
"I missed my plane. The next one doesn't leave until morning." he said, looking down again.
"Oh.... well, why didn't you just get a hotel for the night?" Michael asked, a little mad that Oliver had called him out for that.
"Oh, that's not why I came here. Boss called me. Wanted me to tell you that he needs to speak with you as soon as you get back. Said it was important, but not to rush home." Oliver said, nodding proudly that he had successfully delivered the message.
"Alright, Olly. Thanks."
"Okay, well, I'll see you around Mr. Vaughn." he said, turning around to leave.
"Hey Oliver." Michael called back.
"Yes sir?"
"Do you know why boss didn't just call me?" Michael asked.
Oliver walked back over to him bending his head down. "He said he was just going to test me out a little. Make sure I could deliver a message with out screwing up." he chuckled.
"Oh, alright then. By the way... Good job on your cover story. Big improvement from last time."
"Thank you, Mr. Vaughn." he said, nodding.
"Oliver, you can call me Michael." he said, chuckling.
Oliver smiled, replying, "Okay.... well..... um....er... Bye Michael."
Michael waved, turning around. He knew as much as he wanted to go back up to talk to Claire, it was now not an option. He was supposed to be half way across the city right now, boarding a plane to go see his supposedly dying mother.
He sighed. Why did his life always have to go wrong!

Meanwhile, Sydney waited upstairs, still not spotting the man she was after. She had stopped on her second daiquiri, and ordered a coke.
She waited and waited and waited. 9'o'clock passed. 10'o'clock passed. She sat there until one in the morning, when the bar tender asked her if she was planning on leaving anytime soon.
She smiled, deciding it was late, and he obviously wasn't coming.
Sighing sadly, she nodded, paying her bill, and standing to leave. How could the CIA have wrong Intel? Why hadn't the guy shown up? She was thinking furiously about what to do as she stepped on the elevator and into the night air.
Spotting a bench down the street, she decided to sit down and collect her thoughts for a moment.
After thinking about it, she picked up her phone and called her handler.
"Hello." said a friendly voice.
"Weiss?"
"Sydney, what's up? You okay?" he asked, worry seeping threw his voice.
"Fine. Fine. I'm okay. But the guy never showed. I got there an hour early and I just left."
"Hmmmm. Well that's weird. Our intel is almost always right."
"Yeah. I know." she said, thinking.
"Well, what you ought to do is wait and just go again tomorrow night. Maybe he'll be there then."
"Alright." she said, inwardly sighing. She wanted to go home. See her friends. Tell them about her crazy day. But most of all she wanted to tell Francie all about Michael.
"Sydney?" Weiss said rather loudly, bringing her back to Earth.
"Yeah, sorry."
"Okay, stop it." he laughed.
"Stop what!?"
"Day dreaming. I know you can't stop thinking about me, but try. I'm married, you know."
Sydney laughed rather loudly, causing a bird perched next to her knee, to quickly fly away. "I'm sorry. I am trying." she said sarcastically, giggling.
"Alright, anyway, I'll talk to Kendall. See what's up. I'll let you know tomorrow. Try and get some sleep."
"Okay. Well, tell Will and Francie I miss them." she said.
"Will do. Bye Syd." he said, laughing.
"Bye Weiss." she said hanging up the phone, and shaking her head at him. How Francie could stand him was beyond her.
She stood up, and walked down the street. The bartender had told her about a small inn down the street that always had vacancies.
No matter how hard she tried, her mind returned to Michael again. She wondered where he was. What he was doing.
She reminded herself, that she would never see him again. That he lived across the country. She told herself not to be stupid and forget him. He was just some guy she met at a bar! She frowned, trying to drain her thoughts of him as she walked threw the door of the inn.

Okay, let me know what you think. Love ya! ~GC

Another great chapter!!!! Very good job!
Thanks for the PM!
Please post more soon ( I know u have just posted- but's really good- I want to read more :D )
:woot:

really good. btw the walk through not walk threw... hehe just so that you know :D
--Mandy :angelic:

It's do good, don't stop. But you said they were emenies right? So what is Vaughn working on the dark side? Anyway, I love it great job, great update. Thanks for the pm (y)

Love ya,

Lauren :angelic:

im a lil confused so sydney and vaughn know eacother?? i thought they were enemies..does sydney work for the real cia?? could i get a pm when u update

Haha! Sorry! Her "name" is Claire. I don't know why I wrote Faith! Sorry! Wrote the chapter really early (for me haha) this morning! please pardon me! haha! thanks for catching my mistake! loL! more soon! Love ya! ~GC

Back