Enemies in Love

Hey! Make sure to check out the Fan Fic III Contest! Hint Hint! LoL! JKJK! I'll try and have another chapter up tonight! I know I promised yday, but with the 4th and everything it's been hectic. I love ya! ~GC

Chapter Six (Sorry it took so long)

Sydney smiled across the seat at Vaughn, as they pulled up into her drive way and he stopped he car.
"I had fun today." she said.
"I did too. Thanks." he replied, looking down.
She nodded, looking down at her hands.
After a minute he looked up smiling and said, "Hey, would you want to help me find an apartment?"
She looked up grinning. "Yeah. That would be fun."
"Okay." he said, clapping his hands together once.
"Just call me when you want to go."
"Okay."
There was another awkward silence. For Sydney, the moment was due to the guilty feeling she had in her gut about not wanting to leave the car, and for Michael it was the guilty feeling in his gut that he didn't want her to leave the car.
Finally knowing she needed to go, she looked up smiling.
"Well, I'll talk to you soon." she said.
"Yeah. I'll call you when I can get off work. Thanks for today, Claire."
"I had fun."
She leaned across the car and gave him a hug, thinking it would be a short, friendly hug.
But, as soon as they were wrapped in each others arms, it was the most right feeling in the world. Neither wanted to let go. She laid her head on his shoulder, resting it there, fighting every fiber in her body that wanted to stay there forever.
So they sat there for what was a little bit longer than a friendly hug's elloded time, both feeling the chemistry that was flowing between them like mad, but neither letting themselves admit it.
Seeking every ounce of strength she had, she slowly pulled away, faking a smile, although she felt like she was going to cry.
"I'll talk to you soon."
"Yeah." he whispered.
"Bye Michael." she said, looking into his eyes.
"Bye Claire." he said, breaking the intense moment and flashing her a genuine smile.
She quickly grabbed his hand, gave it a quick squeeze, and then pulled away and got out of the car.
She walked up to the house, and turned around. She was shocked to see him still sitting there. He had a sideways smile on his face, as he waited for her to get in her house before he left.
She turned back around and opened the door. She turned around again, and waved at him, broadly smiling. He waved back, before pulling the car out of the driveway and slowly driving off down the street.
Turning back around, she walked in. The house was completely dark. She didn't even bother to turn the lights on. She set her purse down on the table and walked to her bathroom to take a quick shower before she went to bed.
Before she could make it there, she heard footsteps behind her. She turned around, and screamed in fright, seeing a figure standing right behind her.

More soon! Promise! Please Review. Thanks. ~GC

:blink: a figure? scream? she could be just screaming in surprise right? :blink:
--Mandy :angelic:

This is so evil of you to stp right there. Who is in here house? I have to know. This was such a great chapter, will all the fluff, and now the suspense. Please tell me that you will post more soon, so I wont die trying to figure out what happened. Awesome job, your such a fantastic writer, more soon please (y) :D

Love ya,

Lauren :angelic:

"Bye Michael." she said, looking into his eyes.
"Bye Faith." he said, breaking the intense moment and flashing her a genuine smile.

Was her alias Faith or Claire? Who's the figure?
Great chapter!
~ASH~

that was great! except for the whole mysterious figure thing...but other than that it was really good. :rolleyes: who could have hit syd????

Back