English Help

ok, this is what I have so far...

the ... in the story is the actual organizatio. I haven't decided who she actually worked for.

Tears were trickling down her face, mascara run tears, she was crying, on her knees crying heaped over the body of her partner trying to revive him. She was black-ops, part of the … why was she crying, and she knew how to handle it, but why. The ambulance’s roaring sirens weren’t to far away, she could get the person who did this, she had time. Trembling, she got up light headed; she started to run, run in the direction of the person who shot him, her fiancé.

I don't know if it's really wise to end with a spoiler. It really depends upon how you're being marked because a good story always has an intro, a climax and a conclusion.
--Mandy :angelic:

Hello..
ok i have to write this paper and answer this question," WHat is your opinion of the claim that no change was ever undertaken willingly?"

ok so i know it says MY opinion. And i guess i agree with it.. but i need one or two examples to support it from literature, the arts, science and tech, history, current events etc. If there are any examples you can come up with please share. lol

thanks so much!

XAn

hi, I have decided to change my mind in my short story topic, cause I ended up going to an alias plot over the first season. I changed it to this person who is the hospital and he is dead, but he doesn't know he is dead. Finding out he is dead would be the climax. it's in first person. I was wondering if someone could read what I have so far and help edit, and change what I have so I can have more words. thankyou

I awoke with a jolt, but the ability of movement was lost. I was paralyzed, like a frozen fish in a pond in the winter. I just stared at the light, a light that wasn’t too bright, but bright enough to make me wince at the sight. There was a tube in my nose and tubes that were releasing liquid in his blood stream, the thought of it gave me a high of anxiety of wanting to know what was going in my veins. There was an elongated beeping sound; it went along with his heart rate, the only sound in the room. The smell was clean, like a freshly cleaned kitchen in the spring. There are footsteps and people talking; they were close if I could just yell or say something, nothing, no sound came from my mouth but I said something, I could have sworn it. I was alone; no one heard me, no one came.
The door opened, a nurse walked in. She was sad, you could tell, she had a look on her face, that there was something terrible happening. What was she doing? I watched her go to the heart rate monitor she turned it off. Hello? I’m still alive, I’m not dead, what are you doing? No answer. She moves to my bed and starts wheeling me out of the room. There are doctors, nurses and other patients out here, all staring at me.
The hallways were brighter than in my room and I had to close my eyes when she wheeled me past the windows. The walls were a pale blue with an oak trim, about a meter high. We passed a cluttered nurses station with many clipboards, diagnosis sheets and four black computers with stationed nurses sitting at each one. They all looked up when we passed, all with a sad look.
“Another one, that’s the third one today?” A female nurse in hospital green scrubs said.
“Yeah, it’s sad.” The nurse pushing the gurney said. “This one’s only 16, it’s a shame.”
“What’s a shame, I’m not dead I’m still moving can you not see, hello?” I tried to exclaim, but they didn’t look at me.
She pushed on to the elevators, with a large number four on the doors, painted purple. We got in the large white elevator and the nurse pressed the basement level. There was a sign on the wall of the elevator explaining what was on each floor; the fourth floor: critical care, third floor: O.R., second floor: recovery, first floor: E.R., Basement: MORGUE.
“We’re going to the morgue and I’m not dead, how smart is this nurse?” I thought. She was muttering something, I couldn’t hear. Was she praying? If so what for? Was it for another patient or for me? She concluded as we stopped on the basement floor.

fong_11 said:
hi, I have decided to change my mind in my short story topic, cause I ended up going to an alias plot over the first season.  I changed it to this person who is the hospital and he is dead, but he doesn't know he is dead.  Finding out he is dead would be the climax. 
[post="1315539"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

So basically, you are going with the same idea that the 6th sense used? :smiley:

I never thought about that...but yeah, but there is no kid there, he would find out for himself or another dead person will tell him, haven't decided that part.

sorry, I just had to edit a bit

I awoke with a jolt, but the ability of movement was lost. <-- Awkward, rephrase
I was paralyzed, like a frozen fish in a pond in the winter. I just stared at the light, a light that wasn’t too bright, but bright enough to make me wince at the sight. <--I don't think wince at the sight is the right phrase for it. I think just wince would work ;)
There was a tube in my nose and tubes that were releasing liquid in his blood stream, <-- sudden change of point of view? Why suddenly from first to third?
the thought of it gave me a high of anxiety of wanting to know what was going in my veins. There was an elongated beeping sound; it went along with his <-- okay again you changed from first to third again
heart rate, the only sound in the room. The smell was clean, like a freshly cleaned kitchen in the spring. There are footsteps and people talking; they were close if I could just yell or say something, nothing, no sound came from my mouth but I said something, I could have sworn it. I was alone; no one heard me, no one came.

everything else sounds fine. :smiley:

--mandy :angelic:

xinli11 said:
So basically, you are going with the same idea that the 6th sense used? :smiley:
[post="1315548"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Actually, M. Night (director and screenwriter of the 6th sense) admitted that he got the ending from an episode of "Are You Afraid of the Dark"

Hibou said:
Me too! That's the show where they sit around the campfire and tell scary stories, right?
[post="1319753"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yep, it was one of the best shows on tv during it's time, well, at least for kids lol

hey.
i come from sweden and im having this speech about Charles Dickens in English tomorrow. just wondering if someone cud look it through??? Like correct and comment...

CHARLES DICKENS PROJECT

Charles Dickens was a legend.
His novels were immensely awaited, and the public bought them in hundreds of thousands.
By the time he died he was the most famous person in Britain, apart from the queen.

Charles Dickens was born in 1812 in Portsmouth.
His family was middle class, but they always had some serious money problems. His father worked as a clerk in the navy pay office. He was transferred to London, when Charles was two years old.
He lived in London for the rest of his life. 1824 Charles father was sent to jail due to some serious debts. Charles started working at the age of twelve, he was sent to work at a shoe factory in London for some months.

Afterwards Charles Dickens has told that this was the worst period in his life, but it was also under this period that his big interest in the poor works was ignited.
Charles Dickens studied at Wellington House of Academy in London, and at Mr. Dawson’s school. For one year he was a law office clerk, and then he became a shortland reporter at Doctor’s commons. At the age of eighteen, he applied for the application for being able to read at the British Museum, where he could eagerly read about the works of Shakespeare, Goldsmith and Berger.
He wrote “For the sun”, mirror of parliament, the Morning Chronicle. Charles Dickens soon gained the reputation as the fastest and most accurate man in the gallery and he could celebrate his luck with velvet facings.
In 1830 Charles Dickens was published into Monthly Magazine, The evening chronicle, Bentley’s Miscery.

During these years Charles Dickens had a great affection for journalism and a quite suspicion towards unjust laws.
In 1833 Charles Dickens’ career as a fictional writer began, his short stories and essays appeared in monthly magazines.
“A Dinner at Poplar Walk” was Dickens’ first published fictional piece of work.

The novel David Copperfield has many biographic features, there is no doubt about it that this novel was meant to be a biography. Mostly this book is a complete recreation of Dickens childhood, the life he led when he grew up, the school and the sadistic teachers, the shoe factory and his journalism education.

The book is about David, as a young boy becoming a man. He looses his father at an early age. David and his mother are very close until she marries Mr. Murdstone, who is a cold man who dominates the relationship between his mother and David. The novel is telling the reader about the life of David.

Everything is written from the writer’s own perspective, his own life. Even David’s later life as a stenograph, journalist and writer fits just as well as Charles Dickens life.
The novel is written out of a first-person-tense that gives a clear sense of reality.
The characters in the novel are described in simplicity; every character can be recognized as a person in Charles life.

David Copperfield, along with Oliver Twist and a Christmas Carol was one of Charles Dickens most famous piece of work.

As all his other novels David Copperfield was published in nineteen monthly magazines. The novel was written while the publishing took action. The writing plan could change after the attitude of the readers. There was never really a certain frame for the novel.

David Copperfield became a novel which parents come to read to their children.
In our opinion this novel was very hard to read and very old-fashioned. It tells us that this novel was published many years ago in a different kind of society.

Charles Dickens was praised by people all over the world when he lived. It became a big difference from the misery he experienced as a youth.

A lot of popularity probably lies with the sacred heart of a child, with the naïve fantasy which could describe the most usual things with the greatest skill of words.

Charles Dickens had a very sharp ear for conversations, which helped him to create colourful characters, with help from the conversations he had picked up.
His mind was extremely methodical, his long walks, his recreations, in his works he was controlled by the rules he had laid down for himself – rules he had studied carefully, which he rarely broke.

At the same time as his career started his relationship with the daughter of a banker ended in 1833. The relationship with Maria Beadnell lasted for four months. Charles Dickens married Catherine Hogart, the daughter of his friend George Hogarth, who edited the newly established Evening Chronicle. Catherine and Charles had ten children together.
Some speculates have a belief about Charles Dickens being fond of Catherine’s sister Mary. Mary Hogart move into their house, she died in 1837 at the age of seventeen in Charles arms. Catherine and Charles separated in 1958.
Mary became the model of Dora Copperfield. He also wanted to be buried next to her and wore Mary’s ring throughout his life. Another one of Catherine’s sister, Georgiana, moved in with the Dickens’s, and the novelist fell in love with her.
Dickens lived in Switzerland 1844-1845, with his two daughters and his sister-in-law Georgiana. Dickens also had other locations where he used to live. But these places were rented by Charles first of all for his lover Ellen Ternen.
During these times his wife Catherine lived in their house in London.

Charles Dickens spent much time travelling and campaigning against many of the social with his pamphlets and other writings.

Charles Dickens died at the age of 58 years old, in 1870. He was not able to finish his last piece of work, a detective novel, The Mystery of Edwin Drood. Without leaving any notes left about how the story would develop, it caused many speculations. People are still speculating about what Charles Dickens was really intending with this book. It’s a mystery that may never be solved.

I have to write an essay on how The Tempest by William Shakespeare is a tragicomedy and explain how these two aspects of theater are present in the play! If anyone is able to help me PLEASE send me a PM asap!

Thanks for all your help!

Megan

In English we have to write a paragraph about the word "besot."
I looked it up on Dictionary.com and it said this:
v : make dull or stupid or muddle with drunkenness or infatuation
I mean, I know what it means, but it's confusing. Could someone please explain it better or give me an example?

Back