English villans

:redhair: As a brit I find it really amusing that most of the villans are British. Also, how come Lauren was born in the US but lived in London but had an Australian accent and everyone kept referring to her as English? No way on earth could her accent pass for English. Talking of accents - as much as I like Vaughan, he is dreadful at accents. Syd on the other hand is very good. I was gobsmacked to find out that Sark is NOT British, thats as real a upper class British accent as you will ever hear. Pitch perfect! Weiss was impressive with his 'Cockney' rock star accent too.

yeah Jo have to agree with you there... honestly us Brits aren't all bad... :thinking:

well do you remember when James bond was a bady on it that was funny :rotflmao:

and then the Lauren thing, i've been on about that for mounths. I mean you can tell when some of the "english" people say thing in american,like via, they see Vea or route they say Rout in stead on root... ya know?

She probably coundn't do a very good american accent.

Sark is a villian we love, and his accent just adds to his charm. There is nothing charming about Sloan and he's an American.

yeah, i didn't really know what to think about lauren's accent...it almost sounded austrailian (not really, but you know what i mean).

i don't think that her american accent was the problem. i saw her in sugar in spice and she spoke with a decent american accent.

I'm not sure why they have so many british accents in the show. perhaps because it's an easier accent to aquire...?

besides, i love that sark's accent being british...i find it very charming and sexy!

The reason the villains are British is because we make the best bad guys, a fact i'm very proud of!...

And who wouldn't want to see them cast someone like Alan Rickman as, maybe, the head of the Covenant?. He was a brilliant baddie in Robin Hood & Die Hard!...

There's dozens more British actors who make great bad guys they could cast, to go alongside Sark & Lauren. What about Jeremy Irons, or Ciaran Hinds, or Robert Carlyle, or Toby Stephens from the last Bond film?. All would be charming and ruthless!...

Bring on more of the British badishness!... :angry:

Well, there have been a lot of cases in America where casting directors won't cast Australians as Australian characters because they say their accents don't sound right!

It's not just British accents.

But about the villain thing. I think a lot of people in the world think that there is something sexy and mysterious about a British accent. :smiley:

I know that I have a thing for British bad boys. Sark is my favorite because his accent is so smooth. It has a very upper-class feel and I like it a lot. I do enjoy other accents, but for my bad guys, I prefer British. Maybe it's because they can make murder look so cool (which is really bad). :smiley:

I wanted to cry when I found out it wasn't real. I'm so glad that DA decided to do it (I read that it was his idea to make Sark have a British accent).

[quote name='i'm an aliasaholic' date='Feb 19 2005, 12:21 PM']yeah Jo have to agree with you there... honestly us Brits aren't all bad... :thinking:

well do you remember when James bond was a bady on it that was funny :rotflmao:

and then the Lauren thing, i've been on about that for mounths. I mean you can tell when some of the "english" people say thing in american,like via, they see Vea or route they say Rout in stead on root... ya know?
[post="1222714"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

Hi thanks for the reply. James Bond a bady on Alias?? I reckon I missed that one, tell me more. LOL

Did you know that Sark (the actor) is American?

MissingSark said:
I know that I have a thing for British bad boys.  Sark is my favorite because his accent is so smooth.  It has a very upper-class feel and I like it a lot.  I do enjoy other accents, but for my bad guys, I prefer British.  Maybe it's because they can make murder look so cool (which is really bad). :smiley:

I wanted to cry when I found out it wasn't real.  I'm so glad that DA decided to do it (I read that it was his idea to make Sark have a British accent).
[post="1225770"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:redhair: Hi thanks for the reply, I'm new to all this and I must say its alot of fun! I take it you are not British then? I was totally blown away when I found out that Sark was American, I have never heard such a good British accent. I agree tho, Brits do make the best baddies, I think its a combination of the air of intelligence, sophistication and unpredictability. Except when it comes to the bedroom! LOL

AJB said:
The reason the villains are British is because we make the best bad guys, a fact i'm very proud of!...

And who wouldn't want to see them cast someone like Alan Rickman as, maybe, the head of the Covenant?. He was a brilliant baddie in Robin Hood & Die Hard!...

There's dozens more British actors who make great bad guys they could cast, to go alongside Sark & Lauren. What about Jeremy Irons, or Ciaran Hinds, or Robert Carlyle, or Toby Stephens from the last Bond film?. All would be charming and ruthless!...

Bring on more of the British badishness!... :angry:
[post="1225602"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

LOL Or Clive Owen mmmmmmmmm Or Jude Law yummmmmieeeee or David Walliams for that matter ;) Seriously I have to agree, Alan Rickman would be superb as the head of the Covenant and who can forget Jeremy Irons in the Die Hard film - first class!

MandahLuvsVaughn said:
yeah, i didn't really know what to think about lauren's accent...it almost sounded austrailian (not really, but you know what i mean).

i don't think that her american accent was the problem. i saw her in sugar in spice and she spoke with a decent american accent.

I'm not sure why they have so many british accents in the show. perhaps because it's an easier accent to aquire...?

besides, i love that sark's accent being british...i find it very charming and sexy!
[post="1224190"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Hi Mandah, thanks for the reply. I agree that Sark is charming and sexy. More to do with the fact that he is ruthless and dangerous more than his accent tho :smiley: The sexiest guy in the show without a doubt has to have been Will tho and he's American. I guess its a case of opposites attract. If you want more 'genuine' Brits I suggest Clive Owen, or Tom from Spooks (don't know his name) but OMG the voice! ;)

bringbackwill said:
Hi thanks for the reply. James Bond a bady on Alias?? I reckon I missed that one, tell me more. LOL
[post="1225798"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

She means when Roger Moore was on, I think. First season. Played an Alliance baddie. He was really great in it, actually!... :bond:

AJB said:
She means when Roger Moore was on, I think. First season. Played an Alliance baddie. He was really great in it, actually!...  :bond:
[post="1225828"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Oh yes of course. I remember now. I was thinking she actually comes into contact with Bond as Bond - now that would be cool, especially if it was Pierce Brosnan. :redhair:

Sadly, wouldn't be Brosnan now he's left the role (or was pushed :thinking: ).
Would be cool to have a Bond/Alias crossover. Never happen though, will it sadly... :(

bringbackwill said:
Hi thanks for the reply, I'm new to all this and I must say its alot of fun! I take it you are not British then? I was totally blown away when I found out that Sark was American, I have never heard such a good British accent. I agree tho, Brits do make the best baddies, I think its a combination of the air of intelligence, sophistication and unpredictability. Except when it comes to the bedroom! LOL
[post="1225809"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

No, I'm not British. My favorite character on another show was a British Bad Boy and when I found out that he was really an American, I almost cried. I can't stand to hear him talk when he's not in character. It's too weird. Stupid Americans (which I can say because I'm an American). :smiley:

While I'd have to say that Sark and Sloane are both up there on scary-evil-guy charts, Sark is much more charming and feels like a more sophisticated character. Mainly because of his accent and the fact that he's a Romanov. The writers have combined two of my favorite things: English accents and Russian history. So cool. Just like Sark.

Natalia said:
But about the villain thing. I think a lot of people in the world think that there is something sexy and mysterious about a British accent. :smiley:
[post="1225744"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

weyhey!! now thats what i wanna here. tho i really wouldnt be complaining if in an episode syd and co. teamed up with MI6 for a mission. that would be so absolutly cool.

Back