Enterprise Ends in a Bottle-Poss Spoilers*****

Tom

An Old Friend
Picked up this article on Enterprise- Don't read further if you don't want possible spoilers on Frakes and Sirtis.
Source

*****SPOILERS****
'Enterprise' To End In A Bottle?
Author: Michael Hinman
Date: 03-02-2005
Source: TrekBBS

The following report contains possible MAJOR SPOILERS for the series finale of "Star Trek: Enterprise."

Could the Enterprise crews of the 24th century be as bored as some of the Star Trek fans in the 21st century? We might find out.
Some unconfirmed rumors have surfaced this week that explain how exactly Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis will reprise the roles of William Riker and Deanna Troi Riker in the series finale of "Star Trek: Enterprise."

A source on TrekBBS has reported that the episode will not involve time travel -- something that executive producer Manny Coto insists upon -- but will involve the holodeck.

The episode, reported called "These Are the Voyages," will actually mostly take place as a holographic simulation. While "Star Trek: Nemesis" ended with Riker and Troi leaving the Enterprise-E to take over command of another ship, this episode will apparently have Riker still a commander on the Enterprise-D, which was destroyed in 1994's "Star Trek Generations." The hologram apparently is a historical representation of what helped lead to the formation of the United Federation of Planets.

What's more, Connor Trinneer's character of Trip Tucker apparently will reportedly die in the episode as well.

TrekWeb reported that they could not corroborate the rumor that was posted, but their sources said that this report "may accurately describe some of the episode's plot."

The source reported that Frakes and Sirtis only appear in about a third of the finale.

"It's how they appear among other things that make this episode a loser in my book," the source said. "I'm royally pissed at (executive producers Rick Berman and Brannon Braga) for the job they did on the last episode, so I'm spilling the beans on it."

Of course, since none of this has been confirmed by UPN or Paramount Television, it should be treated as any rumor would.
"Star Trek: Enterprise" airs Fridays at 8 p.m. ET on UPN. The series finale will air May 13.

Back