Season 5 Entertainment Weekly ALIAS news

Since I subscribe to Entertainment Weekly, I'm always excited to see stories and other information about Alias within the magazine.

I have a portion of a news article posted below. Although this news story isn't on a positive note (Alias' May cancellation), it does provide some promising "rest of the series" spoilers.

Ex-Spy-Ration[/size]

2001-2006

Alias reinvents itself again—as a canceled show

...Alias has again recalibrated itself this season, focusing on Sydney's pregnancy and the ''murder'' of Michael Vartan's Vaughn. (Dead, alive, or never existed? We'll find out; he'll return for several episodes.) In the wake of the cancellation news — no shock, given the sagging ratings (7 million viewers this season) — the show resumes in March to tie up years of clue-clogged story lines. Look for resolution on the murky Rambaldi mythology — as well as the resurfacing of familiar faces including Mom, Weiss, and possibly Evil Francie and Will — before Sydney joins those spies in the sky. ''There are very few accidents in the world of Aliasstorytelling,'' says executive producer Jeff Pinkner. ''And by the time this season ends, you'll see that the ending very much revisits what was set up in the first episode.''...

Please give me any comments you have on this information. Thank you.

-- J<o>sh

Since I subscribe to Entertainment Weekly, I'm always excited to see stories and other information about Alias within the magazine.

Although this news story wasn't on a positive note (Alias' cancellation), it does provide some promising "rest of the series" spoilers.

The following is a portion of that news article:
Please give me any comments you have on this information. Thank you.
-- J<o>sh

All that did was confuse the hell out of me
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :blink:

wait r u tryin to tell me that Alias is over this season, like no more, buh bye:(:(:(:(:(

yeah unfortantly, season 5 will be Alias' last season :cry:

i've come to terms with it (i think) lol all i want is a really HUGE series finale where i can say "wow, 6 years of watching this show wasn't a waste of time" :lol:

I still can't believe we will be waiting till March for new eps.

MV to return in several episodes? Hmmm... I knew he didn't die!!!
I don't understand howcome people don't watch Alias any more. What is better than Alias?

I don't know whats better than Alias? I'm sooooo sad right now!!!!!!this like ruined my month. but yeah we really need a huge and I mean HUGE!!!!!!!!Finale!!!!!

Thanks for posting the article. I can't believe Alias is going off the air, but I just hope we get Vaughn back. I do hope they are right that MV is back for a few episdoes. The show just hasn't been the same for me.

So, when the article says we find out if he's alive, dead of never existed-do you think that the writer was just assuming?I don't think the writers would be that cruel to us. Just the thought that Vaughn wasn't real would kill me.

wait what does it mean RESUME in march..i thought it was comming back this week???!!!

CANT WAIT FOR SPYMOMMA TO COME BACK!! HELL YAAAAAAA :D

Huh? joining those spies in the sky? :o_O:

I am sure we will have a great series finale episode ... and it better be a two-hour show ... :woot:

So, when the article says we find out if he's alive, dead of never existed-do you think that the writer was just assuming?I don't think the writers would be that cruel to us. Just the thought that Vaughn wasn't real would kill me.
The writer added a few of his/her own personal thoughts into this article too. The 'alive, dead, or never existed' comment was probably just a thought that the writer had about the show. Try not to take everything in the article so literally.

-- J<o>sh

I'm just really sad about the cancellation but relieved that AT LAST we'll get the answers to all those questions about Rambaldi and all that stuff, that was killing me, also want to see spymommy again (hopefully with spydaddy).

I still can't believe we will be waiting till March for new eps.

MV to return in several episodes? Hmmm... I knew he didn't die!!!
I don't understand howcome people don't watch Alias any more. What is better than Alias?

i'll tell you what is better than alias, almost anything right now. i am huge fan, even though it might not seem that way. this season of alias sucks along with last season. I believe that it started to drop partway during season 3. but i always still watched it because i love this show and was being loyal to it. but when they kiled off vaughn and haven't brought it back yet, that is when i cracked. i haven't watched alias since two eppy's after the one they killed vaughn in. i still read spoilers though, to know when and if i should be watching alias again. i know alot of people don't agree with me on this but i don't think that the writers should be able to get away with killing vaughn (a main character, or used to be) off. so sadly, unless something big and i mean huge happens soon alias is not going to go off with a BANG, like most shows strive for, but it will just fade and die off making people remember alais as the show that lost its mojo.
sorry if i offend anyone but its my opinion and its how i feel.

i'll tell you what is better than alias, almost anything right now. i am huge fan, even though it might not seem that way. this season of alias sucks along with last season. I believe that it started to drop partway during season 3. but i always still watched it because i love this show and was being loyal to it. but when they kiled off vaughn and haven't brought it back yet, that is when i cracked. i haven't watched alias since two eppy's after the one they killed vaughn in. i still read spoilers though, to know when and if i should be watching alias again. i know alot of people don't agree with me on this but i don't think that the writers should be able to get away with killing vaughn (a main character, or used to be) off. so sadly, unless something big and i mean huge happens soon alias is not going to go off with a BANG, like most shows strive for, but it will just fade and die off making people remember alais as the show that lost its mojo.
sorry if i offend anyone but its my opinion and its how i feel.

OMFG i totally agree it has to be huge and with Vaughn alive and with Syd.

well im tired of most people stopping watching the show all because Vaughn's dead, meanwhile, if they'd pay attention they'd see that this season rox. I think that Alias has finally fully climbed out of its rough spot and its a shame that this is the last season. Last year, they were trying way too hard to move away from S3 and go back to S1 that it all looked forced and bad. But now they're not trying so much and I think that that's coming out great. Just because Vaughn's dead doesn't mean the show is. And you can't judge a season if you've stopped wathing after the first ep. Rachel and Tom are great new additions to the show, and they give it a comforting flavor its been missing. In fact, I think the show, coincidentally now that Vaughn is gone, hasn't been this good since S2. The show hasn't lost its mojo, people actually just have to watch! Maybe the reason the ratings haven't been so good is because so many so-called "fans" stopped watching after the "hot" character died. :rolleyes:

My Rating So Far (Best To Worst):

1.) S2
2.) S1
3.) S5
4.) S4
5.) S3

well im tired of most people stopping watching the show all because Vaughn's dead, meanwhile, if they'd pay attention they'd see that this season rox. I think that Alias has finally fully climbed out of its rough spot and its a shame that this is the last season. Last year, they were trying way too hard to move away from S3 and go back to S1 that it all looked forced and bad. But now they're not trying so much and I think that that's coming out great. Just because Vaughn's dead doesn't mean the show is. And you can't judge a season if you've stopped wathing after the first ep. Rachel and Tom are great new additions to the show, and they give it a comforting flavor its been missing. In fact, I think the show, coincidentally now that Vaughn is gone, hasn't been this good since S2. The show hasn't lost its mojo, people actually just have to watch! Maybe the reason the ratings haven't been so good is because so many so-called "fans" stopped watching after the "hot" character died. :rolleyes:
Well put, White_Rabbit! I couldn't agree with you more!

Atleast Alias still has true fans like us that still watch the show, even without Vaughn in it. Vaughn or no Vaughn, it doesn't matter to me!

My one exception to what you wrote is with your ratings: S3 and S4 would be switched in my opinion. I think S4 was the worst season, but it wasn't terrible or anything, just a little worse than the rest of the seasons.

Thank you, everyone, for your responses to this topic!

-- Josh

well im tired of most people stopping watching the show all because Vaughn's dead, meanwhile, if they'd pay attention they'd see that this season rox. I think that Alias has finally fully climbed out of its rough spot and its a shame that this is the last season.

To each his own, remember? I believe TPTB have gone away from all that made this a great show in seasons 1&2, including the characters, their interaction, and the storylines that drew us to this show. The killing off of Vaughn was just the tip of the iceberg. I truly hope they are going to bring back most of the old characters and let this show go out with a bang. Hopefully this will bring back fans like me who long for Seasons 1&2 caliber story telling.

Back