Epic Tradeskills

Tradeskills are important to many of us, and if not directly to the HJ devs, then certainly to some of their spouses. :smiley:

We have been told that crafting will be a part of HJ, but not the mundane non-hero-like crafting we have seen in other MMOs.

So be it.

This made me wonder what hero crafting professions would be like.

How would one implement potion making, for instance? Can we add Wyr to a potion? If so, does this mean some Wyr are destructible?

Will engineering be part of the game, considering GearKnights seem to already have these skills? Will there be Wyr that do not improve items, but just make them behave differently (shrink ray becomes enlarge ray)?

I believe this can be answered with the recent Dev Journal on MMORPG.com, the one about each class getting Service Abilities. Though I am not sure about potion making and all that. Half of me is happy with the way they did it, and the other half is wanting to scream since I'll have to roll a specific class to do a specific "service trade/ability", or rely on someone else, if I know them.

~ Jaraeth

Those so-called "services" sound just like general abilities any MMO class would have, excluding Warrior and Gearknight.

Back