Season 2 Episode 15: A Free Agent

alias_fan

typically terrific
i don't read spoilers but i found spoilers and thought, hey what the heck just post them... it's not necessary that you have to read them. so here are some spoilers that i found at http://www.vartanho.com/spoilers/afreeagent.html

Sydney goes to see Irina and tells her she's graduating today -- and she's thinking of leaving the CIA. This would mean she'd lose clearance to see Irina again. Irina wants her to leave the CIA and says she won't agree to see Sydney anymore if she doesn't leave. Irina tells her to take care of herself, and Sydney leaves; Irina cries. Later, Sydney puts on her graduation gown and goes out to meet Will and Francie.

Sloane is holding a man named Caplan prisoner in a warehouse. Caplan hates him and says he'll help Sloane with the Rambaldi manuscript if he lets his family go. Sloane plays a tape of (apparently) Caplan's wife saying to do whatever they want or they'll hurt Aaron. Sloane wants Caplan to put together a device whose pieces are all around them. Caplan will need a device he's been working on that measures magnetic fields in space, but it hasn't cleared patent and the Polytechnic has it locked up.

Sloane talks to Emily on the phone at the warehouse, lying that he's looking at a house he's buying for her. Sark is there and wonders what will happen when she's ready to move into that Tuscan villa. Sloane says he bought it six months ago. Sark says he's contacted their point-man who's assembling the team, but he questions Sloane's decision to lead the team himself, given his "notoriety." Sloane says he won't let anyone else take the final steps of his 30-year odyssey.

At the CIA rotunda, Syd, Vaughn, Jack & Kendall study Sloane's flight plan that they got from the plane's data recorder.

Sydney and Vaughn enter a bar to meet someone named Vasilly. Sydney starts racking balls on a pool table while Vaughn sits next to Vasilly. They speak in French. Vaughn says he's looking for information, and he's not really French mafia, he's CIA. Syd plays pool and keeps an eye on the bartender as Vaughn and Vassily talk. Vaughn brings out pictures of Sloane and Sark and says they believe one of those men approached Vassily recently to hire some of his contacts. Vassily offers Vaughn a not-nice suggestion about what he can do. Vaughn slams Vassily's head on the bar and breaks his nose, then pours scotch over his head and threatens to set it afire with Vassily's lighter unless Vassily tells him what he knows. Vassily says he knows where the woman and child are -- they're in the next room. Syd and Vaughn exchange a shocked look.

:eek: sounds like it's gonna be a good one! go vaughn, i like a guy that breaks noses and threatens to set a guy's head on fire. haha :D but where is the syd/vaughn romancing?! :confused:

Sorry i am relatively new to this forum so maybe i am missing something but does anyone know why on earth sydney is considering leaving the cia?? is it to do with vaughn?? andy why is irina so keen for her to leave the cia???

Sounds like a great episode. I can't wait. I always wondered if Sydney was still at college because they never show her on campus anymore. I also do'nt know why Sydney would leave the CIA. I meen it is so much better then SD-6 and plus Vaughns there. I doubt she actually will though because that would put a major crack in the entire plot of Alias. ^_^

Sounds like a great episode. I can't wait. I always wondered if Sydney was still at college because they never show her on campus anymore.

She was writing her dissertation. I think.

As for Sydney leaving the CIA... maybe that's the huge plot twist. Maybe she's leaving the CIA to become a free agent... so she'll work for SD-6 and whoever can help her bring down SD-6. I think it would be kinda strange though... I don't know... I just can't think of that happening... wouldn't that confuse things, not make them simpler? So maybe I'm wrong.
Maybe it means she's thinking of going into protective services? But she'll still be working to take down SD-6, just not as a double agent. So then maybe she's the one who "dies"... she'll die, for all SD-6 knows... but she'll still be on the show, doing the same stuff (minus the SD-6 agent thing)... does that make sense? Hey! That would leave her free to date Vaughn too! :lol:
I think I think too much... :smiley:

I don't think i can wait for this week's episode!! I will definetely be on the edge of my seat the whole time!!! Please please tell your friends about alias to save the show!!I don't know what I would do if it was cancelled! Wouldn't you be crushed too?

Kerloving alias said:
I don't think i can wait for this week's episode!! I will definetely be on the edge of my seat the whole time!!! Please please tell your friends about alias to save the show!!I don't know what I would do if it was cancelled! Wouldn't you be crushed too?
"You know what they say about the white light and all? No, it's darkness. Darkness."
-- :D Agent Weiss

WARNING: extremely spoilery(of episode 13) but it is not real(as far as i know) just another theory of mine!! Don't read if you don't want to! but i think the reason why she might be leaving is because i think(now just a crazy theory of mine)SD-6 or at least the LA cell is going down this week! Call me a fool, but they said the show is going in new directions, the preview said she's fighting back, and in one of the spoilers at the safehouse, JJ said "Every since the show started, she has worked to bring down SD-6 AND the Alliance, and in many ways she succeeds"!! Again call me a fool but i think this is the "big shock"! or atleast something along the lines!

disregard my theory!LOL! i just went to AliasMedia and they had up the description for The Free Agent and it talks about Sydney and her position with the agency and Dixon, so i really don't know what to think!!! guess i have to wait an agonizing long week!!! but who knows my theory could have shards of possiblities!

if you want to read the post, its at Alias Media and Dixon copes with telling his wife the truth about his job!! that could be really interesting, i wonder if he founds out the real real truth? check it out at alias.fredfarm.com!

if sydney leaves the cia will she be able to c vaughn? and since there not working for the cia together will they be able to go out?

i got a question for every1-- does ne1 kno ne spoilers for syd and vaughn?? Will they be together (even if it is in secret) or act like nothin happened.... i loved the kiss so im hoping there are more to come!! i loved phase one -- it totally shocked me i didnt expect it!! especially the francie thing!! but som1 plz find me some syd/vaughn spoilers!!!! i havent heard ne spoilers sayin nething bout there kiss for upcomin eps ... only that they go to the bar together but its only for work!! some1 plz help reassure me!!

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>"change into the black one"-guy in plane
"that son of a *****"vaughn
"whoa calm down vaughn" weiss

"wat was wrong w/ the black one!?!?" -syd
</span>

LoL Okay, after last night's episode, I found out just how far out in left field I was! It was like high school P.E. all over again! Oh well, it was fun to think of.

Anyways... so now it's all making sense. Now that the Alliance is bubye, Sydney can leave the CIA if she wants to. But I think that when she finds out about Sloane and Sark being up to something, so she decides to stick around. What would she do anyways, without some sort of spyjob? And it's not like she needs to leave the CIA now to be with Vaughn, even though the CIA has rules against agents... fraternizing.

Hey, is this the episode where Sydney asks Francie why she's been acting weird lately? Hm... I wonder why she would be asking that...

i dont know why francie would be acting wierd!!um she is somebody else!!!!LOL, but im soo glad syd and vaughn are somewhat together and if i recall right from the getaway they talked about shooting pool sometime together and yah they get their chance and wish!!!

sounds awsome. cant wait. im already shaking. i hope she doesnt leave cia cause that might take irena out of the picture she will stay i hope but it would leave her open for vaughn (yeah)

Back