Episode 2.02 Enough Is Enough (No More Tears)

Jaimie

Retired
Episode Description: When a family arrives at Seattle Grace Hospital after a serious car accident, Alex learns that their injuries are only the beginning of their problems. Meanwhile, as Dr. Webber recovers from brain surgery, it seems that his wife (guest starring Loretta Devine as Mrs. Webber) has some concerns about the state of their marriage.

I really liked this episode [i say that after every episode]. I have to ask. What was with the doll heads? I think my favorite scene was the first one. But the whole Alex/son scene made me teary because I realized that Alex was abused. Very sad. Just when I was starting to dislike his character. I am so excited for next week after seeing the promo. Very good stuff coming up next week. What did everyone else think?

i made a new topic at the exact same time as you jaimie... ^_^

i don't have enough time to give a full review but here are a few thoughts:
liked it a lot (of course) and can't wait until next week (of course)
you were starting to dislike alex??? i lurve him. any bets on how long it will be until he and izzie get together? anyone anyone?
tears came to my eyes when derek said "take care of her will you" (or was it "look after her"?). i can't get enough of him either, even if he is mcmarried and mcbastard and mc-should-have-told-her-two-months-ago.
i can't get enough of george either. he's such a sweetheart.
i am not a fan of burke's. kind of despise him at the moment. grrrrrrrrrr....

m-c

George oh George! he's so.. :love: I mean it's not nice that he didn't tell Olivia earlier (I think I ship Geroge/Olivia.. but that obviously went down the drain)

I still feel bad for Cristina but she needs to be tough and go through with this.

Will I get stoned if I say I might actually like Addison... just a teenie tiny bit?

:Paranoid:

I think she's been wronged in this too! and it's not all her fault!

:bag:

And of course Alex/Izzie, still dont' like them still.. blah. ;) Although now I can understand why he's such a jackass sometimes. ;)
--Mandy :angelic:

*throws rock at Mandi* She's eeeeevil. She's a *gasp* Scarlet Woman :rotflmao: couldn't resist that line of Ron's [harry potter if ya didn't know, book 4] I love George. He's like Grey's Will. So cute and so obviously in love with Meredith. How about some George/Meredith action? I'd love them to get together.

Back to the Addison/Derek/Meredith triangle, I'd like to hear Addison's side and I would like to see Derek and her divorce. Then maybe him and Meredith could be together [after she and George are, of course.]

As to Cristina, I think next week Burke will find out about the baby. It should be interesting. I really dislike Burke, he's so arrogant.

As to Alex/Izzy, I would like them together now, but in the long run, I think it will be George/Izzy.

First of all, I got my hands on the song The City, by Joe Purdy, which was on last week's premiere. SO GOOD. I just love Joe Purdy and I'm glad GA keeps using his songs.

Secondly... last night's episode was SO good. As usual.

The thing with the doll heads... gaahhhh. Creepy and funny at the same time. Really funny when Bailey was talking about the dolls. Teehee. I never took her for a doll collector. But my favorite scene in regards to this storyline was when the chief surgeon's secretary saw the x-rays with the doll's faces visible and she said in a tiny voice, "help me! Help me!" :lol:

Alex's empathy for the son of the alcoholic was nice to see. I don't think Alex's dad physically abused him, but he abused Alex's mother. So that explains the wrestling. It was nice to hear Alex be a human being. He's not my favorite person, just 'cause he's a "bad boy" and I'm, as a rule, not a fan of bad boys. But he certainly is interesting. I'm rather ambivalent to Alex/Izzie, but it's kinda fun to see it develop.

Burke... oh Burke. He's been a closed-off jerk his whole life, like Webb's wife said. Perfect for chief. But I don't think he's liking it so much anymore - he doesn't want to BE a closed-off jerk, especially with Cristina. Next week's episode should be pivotal for him. It'll either show how much he cares for her or how much old habits die hard. But let me just say... I love the Cristina/Burke looks.

I loved the George/Olivia scenes. So glad that he was honest with her later. He's a good guy to give her some closure. But I feel so bad for him, because he's really got no chance with Meredith. Ha! And I loved how Izzie spilled the beans about him liking another woman... poor boy. Everyone picks on him. Will be interesting to see if he ever gets the courage to tell Meredith how he feels - something tells me he might not. He seems to have put her on some sort of pedestal, and well, that never ends well.

Meredith/Derek was pretty blah, until the end. I was hoping and hoping for one last Mere/Derek interaction, and at the very last second, there was something. As soon as I saw Burke up in observation, I knew that Mere would be behind him, watching Derek. I think she still cares a lot for him... she's just stubborn and doesn't want to forgive him yet.

"He ruined me. I'm ruined! He turned me into this fat, stupid, pregnant girl. Who *cares*!" :lol:

"I have an aunt, who, whenever she poured anything for you, would say 'Say when!' My aunt would say, 'say when,' and of course, we never did. We don't say 'when' because there's something about the possibility of more. More tequila, more love, more anything. More is better."

"Look out for her."- Derek
"Meredith?"- Georgoe
"Yeah."- Derek

^--- That little scene was sweet. But I sure hope it doesn't mean that Derek's going to give up. He can't! Gah.

"I'm a sink with an open drain, honey." - hahahaha, go Derek go!

"There's something to be said about a glass half full, about knowing when to say 'when'. I think it's a floating (can't catch this word) - a barometer of need and desire. It's entirely up to the individual and depends on what's being poured. Sometimes, all we want is a taste. Other times, there's no such thing as enough. The glass is bottomless. And all we want is more."

"I'm a sink with an open drain, honey."

^^^

Possibly my favorite line from last night. I really want to hear more about Derek/Addison pre-Seattle. How about flashbacks.....that'd be nice.

About Cristina, was she drinking as well? I thought she may have been, but I may be wrong.

She was drinking water. I thought about it too, and went back and it was water. I think at the bar in the last ep, she was drinking water as well. Maybe Joe (the bartender) knew about the pregnancy?

Hmmm, I wonder if she's keeping it then. I hope she doesn't, then she finds out she can't have kids, then there's a whole big storyline about that. Maybe a miscarriage to find out she can't have kids. I like Joe the bartender. I think they should go to the bar more because he's a good and funny character

Will I get stoned if I say I might actually like Addison... just a teenie tiny bit?

:Paranoid:

I think she's been wronged in this too! and it's not all her fault!

And of course Alex/Izzie, still dont' like them still.. blah. ;) Although now I can understand why he's such a jackass sometimes. ;)
--Mandy :angelic:

i might like addison too. she's so dislike-able i like her. that doesn't make sense. 🇳🇴
don't like alex/izzie? pss-shaw!

Alex's empathy for the son of the alcoholic was nice to see. I don't think Alex's dad physically abused him, but he abused Alex's mother. So that explains the wrestling. It was nice to hear Alex be a human being. He's not my favorite person, just 'cause he's a "bad boy" and I'm, as a rule, not a fan of bad boys. But he certainly is interesting. I'm rather ambivalent to Alex/Izzie, but it's kinda fun to see it develop.

Burke... oh Burke. He's been a closed-off jerk his whole life, like Webb's wife said. Perfect for chief. But I don't think he's liking it so much anymore - he doesn't want to BE a closed-off jerk, especially with Cristina. Next week's episode should be pivotal for him. It'll either show how much he cares for her or how much old habits die hard. But let me just say... I love the Cristina/Burke looks.

i like alex. and yeah, it was nice to see.
i figure i will like burke when he comes around. but now he's an ass.

he's like grey's will

i know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was going to say that last week but i thought no one would understand!!!! i totally agree!

m-c

Hmmm, I wonder if she's keeping it then. I hope she doesn't, then she finds out she can't have kids, then there's a whole big storyline about that. Maybe a miscarriage to find out she can't have kids. I like Joe the bartender. I think they should go to the bar more because he's a good and funny character

Well, in last week's ep, Cristina talked about how the clinic wouldn't let her confirm her appt without an emergency contact. The appt would be the abortion procedure. So I don't think it's in her plans to keep it. She could then drink alcohol, I guess... but to remain PC, I think the writers had her drink water.

I love George. He's like Grey's Will.

I was totally thinking the same thing while watching Season 2 this past week. George and Will are two of my favorite TV boys. :D

PS - Actually, I was thinking the other day how there are counterparts for some of the Alias characters of GA (not necessarily in personality, just in their role in the show). Obviously there's Sydney - Meredith, Vaughn - Derek, Lauren - Addison - Lauren, Will - George, Francie - Izzy (sorta), Danny - Denny, etc. After awhile though I kinda started grasping at straws. Sark...Alex? SpyMommy...Ellis? Not really. Haha wow I need to stop my crazy fangirl ramblings/

i don't know. i can't put sydney and meredith together, at least not original sydney. third season and beyond sydney and meredith go together i guess. and lauren addison doesn't work. i mean, i love addison. and lauren's evil. but the rest fit fairly well.

i don't know. i can't put sydney and meredith together, at least not original sydney. third season and beyond sydney and meredith go together i guess. and lauren addison doesn't work. i mean, i love addison. and lauren's evil. but the rest fit fairly well.

Oh I know - Sydney and Meredith are really nothing alike personality wise. I just meant their role in their respective shows is the same (female lead). Same with Lauren and Addison - they were both the wives who came on the scene that caused problems in the show's lead couple (S/V, MerDer). I happen to love Addison a lot more than Lauren as well. But I liked Lauren until they randomly decided to make her evil... (and Alias started to go very rapidy downhill) ah well. I think that GA did a much better job with developing Addison's character than Alias did with Lauren.

Back