Sci-Fi Equilibrium

"Equilibrium" takes place in the future and the after the third World War, the USA (I'm not sure about the rest of the world because eveyone has an American accent and they speak English) has become a fascist government where "feelings" are outlawed and individuality is replaced by conformity. "Father" who is like the president figured, if feelings are wiped out, no person can feel anger, hate or jealousy and there would not be anymore violence. Basically, the only feeling allowed is serenity, or calmness. Everyone is required to inject themselves with "Prozium" which makes everyone emotionally numb. The main character is "John Preston" (Christian Bale) who is apart of an elite group of cops (Clerics) that enforce those who commit these "sense crimes". They are taught "gun-kata" which is a form of martial arts that uses hand-to-hand comabt while using guns. Anyway, Preston is like a prodigy, he is the best. After he finds out that his partner has been "feeling", he kills him (because that's what happens to those who "feel") and then arrests a sense criminal "Mary". He begins to change because of her and his now deceased partner and heavan forbid..he "feels". So, John is torn between the man is and the man that he is slowly becoming. check it out at ww.imdb.com

Ok, I know that I am going to get hell from all the Matrix people on here, but I'm going to say it anyway. I thought this film was better than the Matrix. The story is different but I thought it was well written. I love Keanu and his surfer voice and attitude but I think Christian Bale is one of the most underated actors in the business along with Edward Norton and Morgan Freeman.

Although I loved the fight scenes in the first Matrix, the wire work and computer effects bore me after awhile. The fight scenes in "Equilibrium" are very well-choreographed. I think I remember seeing the use of wire work like twice and one of those times I'm not even sure! And guns are not just a way of killing a lot of people in a short period of time, it's an extension of one's hands when fighting.

It's definitely easier to understand, I got the Matrix but the people who saw it with me didn't. The movie brings up a lot of interesting questions. And for the amount of money that they were given, they made a really good action flick.

godd. This movie is so old. Some of the fight scenes were good, but overall it sucked big time. The acting was just awful, the story was lame and I like Matrix a lot more. Equlibrium is just a trash movie to me.

P.S. It's not very old, but still.(2002)

I heard about it last year from Arrow in The head which is a person that is linked to Joblo.com. I finally saw it on Showtime.

The acting, well, I think the only person that didn't committ to their role was Taye Diggs, the man smiles 4 times! One of those are beaming. If the government was really about "outlawing emotion" he would have been shot already! I thought everyone else did a good job but I thought Christian shined. Oh well, everyone is a critic. :D

Me too! I saw the trailer and he looks so fabulous. He is the perfect Batman and I hope it does well for him and for the franchise.

I also loved the style of the movie especially the fighting.

Christian Bale is what Keanu Reeves is not, a versatile and incredibly talented actor. I apologize to all of you Keanu fans but come on, no matter what he does his voice will always sound like a stereotypical surfer. :lol:

I wanted to bump so people can know what the movie is about and see it! Christian was brilliant in it and I know that he'll do great in Batman Begins!

I looooooove this movie, I cant' believe it wasn't in theaters in Germany/Austria :angry:

I watched it like 100 times, mainly because of Sean an Christian, I think both of them did a great job on this movie (though Sean's appearence was'nt that long :( )

In my opinion Bale's performance was one of his best :cool:

Back