Eragon

Ok, so my brother comes home and tells me he bought this new book called Eragon(i forget who wrote it) He said he's heard it's the next big thing and it's like the Lord of the Rings trilogy. He's reading it now and he's hooked, i'm gonna read that when I get the chance. Another thing I found out is that the author's only 19, he graduated from highschool at 15 and graduated college at 19. :blink: crazy isn't it??

So for all you Lord of the Rings/fantasy fans, go to you local bookstore and check it out. Tell me what you think. ;)

Yep heard of it and seen it in all the bookstores... Haven't read it though ^_^ I have this thing with "popular" book... *cough*HarryPotter*cough*

i've read the whole book
it's amazing that the writer started writing it when he was only 15, crazy huh?
it's a really nice imaginative book, and i can't wait until the next one comes out. i doubt it'll get much publicity like Harry Potter, but it is close to it..but it can't beat LOTR :D

I actually saw that book just when it hit the stores. I had no idea what it was but I flipped through it a bit and it looks interesting. A girl at my school was reading it and I asked her about it, but all she said was it's good but she liked Harry Potter more...that's not very helpful but thanks anyways! LOL But anyways, it looks good. ^_^

I got that book for Christmas and read it in less than a week. It's REALLY GOOD! Obviously this is just my opinion. It's amazing though, there's so much background and history written in. The author made up three languages with a glossary of phrases and words in the back. It is so realistic and believable and you feel like you're there with them. And he gives all these hints of things to come. For instance, the main character is named Eragon, which was the first of the ancient and mysterious (and now disappeared) dragon riders. His mentor tells him that it is a very rare name. and we don't know who his mother is...he grew up with his uncle. and it's just so good! i can't wait for the next one! I totally recommend it to any fantasy or adventure lover!

I FINALLY GOT MY HANDS ON IT! I've actually been reading another series, also by a young author. Interesting to start, but the book didn't get really good until she was, like, sixteen or something. Her first book was back when she was . . . fourteen, I think. Amelia Atwater-Rhodes was the name. She's nineteen or twenty, now. Anyway, I've always wanted to read Eragon ever since it came out!

I haven't read it yet, but i have it on hold. A friend of mine told me to read it. She said that she realy liked it, so, i think that it will be good.

My younger cousin lent it to me because I'd just finished HB-P and I was in literature withdrawel so I read it and I thought it was really, really good. Eldest, the sequel, comes out August 23 and I can't wait.

Back