Not open for further replies.

White_Rabbit

Mr. Trixter
Escape From Insanity

Author: Ethan

Genre: Action/Suspense/General Alias

Rating: PG

Spoilers: Through ‘Prelude’

Summary: Sydney is in the custody of the NSC, and then, I take it from there. Feedback wanted good or bad! Tell me if you think I should continue with the story!

Prologue
Sydney Bristow opened her eyes. She is in a dark cellar, momentarily unaware of where she is. Then she remembered and sighed. Robert Lindsey walked into the room.

“Ms. Bristow, I assume you know why you are here.”

She looked at him with sarcasm in her eyes. His face was a stony cold.

“You are under arrest for the murder of a Russian Diplomat, Andrian Lazarey. Since you have no recollection of this action, and because of request of an NSC liaison…”

Sydney looked up at him again, this time interest in her eyes.

“…We have come to a decision. You can either give us the information on the ‘Loophole’ disk, and we will have you choose whether to have neurostimulation therapy, or to stay in our custody where we will subjectively hold you, questioning you, until we have order from the DCI to release you.”

Sydney Bristow didn’t respond.

The door to the cellar opened.

Chapter1

Los Angeles

72 Hours Earlier

Sydney and Weiss sit on the couch together, laughing at the comedy movie they had just watched.

“Hilarious!!” Weiss screamed.

Sydney took a second to recover from her laughter. “I’ve seen better.” She said sarcastically.

“Oh, c’mon. You can’t joke too much or then the beeper will ring and take your fun away.”

Sure enough, Syd heard the sound of her beeper coming from her bag. She took it out and it read ‘DIXON-OPS CNTR’. Then Weiss’s rang and his said the same thing. “Let’s go.” He said.

Ops Center

“Glad you’re here. Dixon says it’s urgent.” Vaughn greeted Sydney and Weiss as they walked through the lobby and approached the conference room.

“According to a brand new piece of Intel from Arvin Sloane, The Covenant has acquired a disk they have nicknamed ‘The Loophole’. It’s a data stream of information that can take over the computer system of any Satellite Defense System, software company, et cetra. We need this disk; we might be able to use it to hack into one of The Covenant’s facilities and therefore get us a better chance of bringing them down.” Director Dixon passed folders around the circular desk.

“I have assigned Sydney and Weiss to go in with a surveillance team. The disk is being held in a safe locked down in a warehouse in Switzerland. Your mission is simple-infiltrate the facility, steal the Loophole, and report back here. You leave in an hour.”

Sydney was the last to leave the room. Her head was down and she seemed troubled. Jack walked over.

“Sydney, are you alright?”

“I’m fine. I’m just hoping we can use the loophole to somehow figure out what The Covenant is trying to figure out. I am going crazy not knowing what happened to me.”

“We’ve been over this. That procedure is not an option.”

“I’m not surprised you knew I was going to say that, but I think—“

“This discussion is over. Now, go. You’ll be late for Op-Tech with Marshall.”

Later, Syd and Weiss were in Op-Tech as Marshall explained to them what they would be using.

“Now, from the map you were given by Director Dixon may not think that this warehouses security system is easy to crack, right? Right? I mean, we would hope so, right?” Sydney and Weiss looked up at him seriously.

Author’s Note: Ok, I’m not going to do this anymore. When Marshall is acting the way he always does and everyone looking at him the way we always do. We all know what happens when Marshall says something like that, it’s classic. So, I’ll leave it at what he says.

“Anyway, it isn’t. In fact, it’s the latest. So…” He reached into a drawer and look out two small containers. He opened the first one, displaying what looked like a game boy of some sorts. “This is what you will use to crack the entry code to get into the building and then…” he opened the second container, “You will use these fake contact lenses to fool the retina scanner, and then use that same other device that I just showed you to crack the safe. Any questions?” He ended, stretching up to his full height with a goofy smile on his face.

Switzerland

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Retriever to base, retriever to base, we are on stand-by.” Sydney and Weiss waited by the side of the road.

“Copy that. Retriever and Mountaineer, you are cleared for entry.” Dixon stood by a desk back at Ops with a com-mike attached to his ear.

Sydney and Weiss ran towards the warehouse, keeping low. Sydney placed the cracking device on the door and within seconds they broke the door open. She turned on her com-mike.

“We’re in.”

“Copy that, Mountaineer. Be careful.”

They ran through the main floor of the warehouse until they reached a door that said ‘STAIRWELL’ in block letters. Sydney stood back and Weiss side-kicked the door down. “Let’s move.” He said. They ran down the stairwell and reached the sub-level.

“You do it.” Weiss handed Sydney the container with the contact lenses and she was about to put them on when she fell and everything went black. The last thing she heard was Weiss screaming “Alpha team, Alpha team, move in! I repeat, move—“

Sydney woke up. She was tied to a chair, this time with rope. She wondered why The Covenant had not decided to handcuff her instead. She began to get suspicious. Sark entered the room.

“Hello, Sydney.”

“I’m getting sick of your face.” She responded.

“Oh, I’m hurt by that.” Sark said back sarcastically. “But let’s not play games. A mutual friend of ours asked specifically that he be the one to talk to you.” With that he opened the door, and someone very familiar entered the room. Sydney looked up. She could barely move her lips to speak, so she muttered one word.

“Will?”

End of Chapter 1

Please respond and tell me if you would like this story to continue! I already have the continuation in mind, so your word means it goes on paper!

Hey you guys, thanks for the feedback, and a continuation of this story is on the way. School's a toughie right now, so it might take me longer than expected but never fear lol. I've only been a member since August of this year and what does that PM button mean anywayz?

P.S.-I'm adding a lot of stuff to my story so it'll seem a lot longer than 3 days (remember, in the story it said 72 hours earlier?) so whosever reading this, have it in your mind that it was about a week earlier. In fact, I'll post it again now, as a revised version, but just that is revised-
Escape From Insanity

Author: Ethan

Genre: Action/Suspense/General Alias

Rating: PG

Spoilers: Through ‘Prelude’

Summary: Sydney is in the custody of the NSC, and then, I take it from there. Feedback wanted good or bad! Tell me if you think I should continue with the story!

Prologue
Sydney Bristow opened her eyes. She is in a dark cellar, momentarily unaware of where she is. Then she remembered and sighed. Robert Lindsey walked into the room.

“Ms. Bristow, I assume you know why you are here.”

She looked at him with sarcasm in her eyes. His face was a stony cold.

“You are under arrest for the murder of a Russian Diplomat, Andrian Lazarey. Since you have no recollection of this action, and because of request of an NSC liaison…”

Sydney looked up at him again, this time interest in her eyes.

“…We have come to a decision. You can either give us the information on the ‘Loophole’ disk, and we will have you choose whether to have neurostimulation therapy, or to stay in our custody where we will subjectively hold you, questioning you, until we have order from the DCI to release you.”

Sydney Bristow didn’t respond.

The door to the cellar opened.

Chapter1

Los Angeles

About A Week Earlier

Sydney and Weiss sit on the couch together, laughing at the comedy movie they had just watched.

“Hilarious!!” Weiss screamed.

Sydney took a second to recover from her laughter. “I’ve seen better.” She said sarcastically.

“Oh, c’mon. You can’t joke too much or then the beeper will ring and take your fun away.”

Sure enough, Syd heard the sound of her beeper coming from her bag. She took it out and it read ‘DIXON-OPS CNTR’. Then Weiss’s rang and his said the same thing. “Let’s go.” He said.

Ops Center

“Glad you’re here. Dixon says it’s urgent.” Vaughn greeted Sydney and Weiss as they walked through the lobby and approached the conference room.

“According to a brand new piece of Intel from Arvin Sloane, The Covenant has acquired a disk they have nicknamed ‘The Loophole’. It’s a data stream of information that can take over the computer system of any Satellite Defense System, software company, et cetra. We need this disk; we might be able to use it to hack into one of The Covenant’s facilities and therefore get us a better chance of bringing them down.” Director Dixon passed folders around the circular desk.

“I have assigned Sydney and Weiss to go in with a surveillance team. The disk is being held in a safe locked down in a warehouse in Switzerland. Your mission is simple-infiltrate the facility, steal the Loophole, and report back here. You leave in an hour.”

Sydney was the last to leave the room. Her head was down and she seemed troubled. Jack walked over.

“Sydney, are you alright?”

“I’m fine. I’m just hoping we can use the loophole to somehow figure out what The Covenant is trying to figure out. I am going crazy not knowing what happened to me.”

“We’ve been over this. That procedure is not an option.”

“I’m not surprised you knew I was going to say that, but I think—“

“This discussion is over. Now, go. You’ll be late for Op-Tech with Marshall.”

Later, Syd and Weiss were in Op-Tech as Marshall explained to them what they would be using.

“Now, from the map you were given by Director Dixon may not think that this warehouses security system is easy to crack, right? Right? I mean, we would hope so, right?” Sydney and Weiss looked up at him seriously.

Author’s Note: Ok, I’m not going to do this anymore. When Marshall is acting the way he always does and everyone looking at him the way we always do. We all know what happens when Marshall says something like that, it’s classic. So, I’ll leave it at what he says.

“Anyway, it isn’t. In fact, it’s the latest. So…” He reached into a drawer and look out two small containers. He opened the first one, displaying what looked like a game boy of some sorts. “This is what you will use to crack the entry code to get into the building and then…” he opened the second container, “You will use these fake contact lenses to fool the retina scanner, and then use that same other device that I just showed you to crack the safe. Any questions?” He ended, stretching up to his full height with a goofy smile on his face.

Switzerland

“Retriever to base, retriever to base, we are on stand-by.” Sydney and Weiss waited by the side of the road.

“Copy that. Retriever and Mountaineer, you are cleared for entry.” Dixon stood by a desk back at Ops with a com-mike attached to his ear.

Sydney and Weiss ran towards the warehouse, keeping low. Sydney placed the cracking device on the door and within seconds they broke the door open. She turned on her com-mike.

“We’re in.”

“Copy that, Mountaineer. Be careful.”

They ran through the main floor of the warehouse until they reached a door that said ‘STAIRWELL’ in block letters. Sydney stood back and Weiss side-kicked the door down. “Let’s move.” He said. They ran down the stairwell and reached the sub-level.

“You do it.” Weiss handed Sydney the container with the contact lenses and she was about to put them on when she fell and everything went black. The last thing she heard was Weiss screaming “Alpha team, Alpha team, move in! I repeat, move—“

Sydney woke up. She was tied to a chair, this time with rope. She wondered why The Covenant had not decided to handcuff her instead. She began to get suspicious. Sark entered the room.

“Hello, Sydney.”

“I’m getting sick of your face.” She responded.

“Oh, I’m hurt by that.” Sark said back sarcastically. “But let’s not play games. A mutual friend of ours asked specifically that he be the one to talk to you.” With that he opened the door, and someone very familiar entered the room. Sydney looked up. She could barely move her lips to speak, so she muttered one word.

“Will?”

End of Chapter 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back