Sci-Fi Eureka

Just realized... in the 1st episode of #Eureka Heny appears to be working on something suspiciously reminiscent of the Kecksburg UFO. :eek:

For those who don't already follow the Cool Sci-Fi Twitter feed, it has been recommended by Eureka producer Jaime Paglia to re-watch the 1st & last episodes of Season 1 before the upcoming series finale.

I was very disappointed when the so-called SyFy channel cancelled Eureka. I liked it well enough to buy the box sets of all the seasons. It was sad the way it had to struggle along with so little support from its producers.

When Ed Quinn left, the writers managed to roll with the punch and keep the show interesting. I'm surprised more of the actors did bail out when SyFy forced the show to limp along year after year with 13-episode seasons. The first-season episodes weren't even aired in the order intended by the show's creators.

Typical network stupidity. We've seen it over and over again. Star TOS, Firefly, Space Rangers -- the list goes on and on.

I was very disappointed when the so-called SyFy channel cancelled Eureka. I liked it well enough to buy the box sets of all the seasons. It was sad the way it had to struggle along with so little support from its producers.
Yep, I really liked the show and was one of the few shows that I looked forward to watching each week.

If there was any positive coming out of the series being cancelled, it is the Bear & Brendan McCreary original song used in the finale. I even ended up buying a copy when it became available digitally.

The song is wonderful, and the montage that goes with it was great as well.

And didn't you love the quick shot of the two cars passing in the rain, recreating a scene from the pilot show? All the years the series has be on, we wondered if they would do this in the last show.

Yep, I really liked the show and was one of the few shows that I looked forward to watching each week.

If there was any positive coming out of the series being cancelled, it is the Bear & Brendan McCreary original song used in the finale. I even ended up buying a copy when it became available digitally.

That was a perfect way to end the show. I only just finished Eureka (I watched it on TV till S5 basically) because I couldn't bear myself to finish one of my favorite shows. I'll probably end up getting that song too.

I also loved the full circle that it had as the last scene. Brilliant ending to a brilliant show.

The song is wonderful, and the montage that goes with it was great as well.

And didn't you love the quick shot of the two cars passing in the rain, recreating a scene from the pilot show? All the years the series has be on, we wondered if they would do this in the last show.
That was a perfect way to end the show. I only just finished Eureka (I watched it on TV till S5 basically) because I couldn't bear myself to finish one of my favorite shows. I'll probably end up getting that song too.

I also loved the full circle that it had as the last scene. Brilliant ending to a brilliant show.
The ending montage & scene in the rain was a perfect way to end the series. The rain scene in particular closed the loop between the show starting & ending.

For a copy of the song, I don't think it is available on Amazon but it is on iTunes.

The ending montage & scene in the rain was a perfect way to end the series. The rain scene in particular closed the loop between the show starting & ending.

For a copy of the song, I don't think it is available on Amazon but it is on iTunes.

And its in my library. Thanks! lol

Finally, the last season of Eureka is on Net Flix... I'm all excited and by the 3 episode I'm like... what is this??? I don't watch this show for the soap opera. I haven't decided if I'm even going to bother watching the rest of it. The last season of Fringe is now on Net Flix as well and I hope I'm not equally as disappointed.

Finally, the last season of Eureka is on Net Flix... I'm all excited and by the 3 episode I'm like... what is this??? I don't watch this show for the soap opera.
Keep watching, it gets better. The last season was a bit frantic because they were filming while they got notified of the show being canceled so they scrambled to have a proper close to both the season & the series.

I haven't decided if I'm even going to bother watching the rest of it. The last season of Fringe is now on Net Flix as well and I hope I'm not equally as disappointed.

The least season of Fringe takes such a weird curveball that, at the time it started, I had to go back and watch the last couple of episodes from the prior season to see if I missed something. By the last episode of the last season they wrap up some outstanding questions but by the end of watching the whole thing the Grateful Dead song of "... what a long, strange trip it's been." is applicable.

Keep watching, it gets better. The last season was a bit frantic because they were filming while they got notified of the show being canceled so they scrambled to have a proper close to both the season & the series.

Ok, I will give it another go.

The least season of Fringe takes such a weird curveball that, at the time it started, I had to go back and watch the last couple of episodes from the prior season to see if I missed something. By the last episode of the last season they wrap up some outstanding questions but by the end of watching the whole thing the Grateful Dead song of "... what a long, strange trip it's been." is applicable.

I know it's set in the future and I wasn't too keen on that idea but I am going to give it a chance and my open mind.

Back