European Pop

for everyone in the UK, have you heard Lisa Scott-Lee's two "new" songs? they're called Lately and Too Far Gone. i personally think she went in a different direction from the Steps type music while H & Claire have stuck closer to it. Lisa's gone in more of a Kylie Minogue direction, but she's still appearing in things when H & Claire conveniantly took a break (Spring 2003 to Fall 2003). I don't know, hopefully they'll stick around for at least a few more years. btw. has anyone heard anything about Faye and Lee? is Faye persuing a singing or acting career and is lee going back to Football (soccer)?

BUSTED rule supreme. They rule. MATT IS A GOD. I love Calvin from S Club 8 he's cute and kinda fit. I like Abs (loved Five) and Coldplay. WHo else, I can't remember but I think theres more oh yeah Amy Studt is cool.
I love Delta Goodrem although she's Aussie. But its a tragedy that she has cancer.

dangerous_agent said:
BUSTED rule supreme. They rule. MATT IS A GOD. I love Calvin from S Club 8 he's cute and kinda fit. I like Abs (loved Five) and Coldplay. WHo else, I can't remember but I think theres more oh yeah Amy Studt is cool.
I love Delta Goodrem although she's Aussie. But its a tragedy that she has cancer.
i think S Club 8 is kinda S Club 7 munchkin style.....that's just me. 5ive is ok, i guess, but not much of a hit here in the States, so I don't really know much about there music.

Five have broken up anyway, like ages ago but they were kinda cool.
One question for any americans. Have J.Lo and Ben Affleck actually properly split cos we might behind the times in England. Also Busted are doing a tour soon in the US so please please please go and see them.

dangerous_agent said:
Five have broken up anyway, like ages ago but they were kinda cool.
One question for any americans. Have J.Lo and Ben Affleck actually properly split cos we might behind the times in England. Also Busted are doing a tour soon in the US so please please please go and see them.
i dont know about the Ben and Jen thing. i thought they were getting married in Sept. as for the Busted thing, what type of music do they sing?

does anybody in the UK or anywhere else know whether or not H & Claire have formally split? last year they said they might do an album in the US this year, but that was a long time ago. now that claire is married, there are rumors going around that H doesn't want to sing, but wants to act now.

has anyone heard anything about Lee and faye?

how's lisa doing? her latest song is, i beleive, Too Far Gone (kinda Kylie Minogue-ish)

how about S Club? i haven't heard a single thing since their breakup earlier this year.

i know that a-teens have a new album coming out (something like Greatest Hits), although they deny a breakup after that, but that's what happened to Steps.

bbmak is also pretty quiet and samantha mumba was doing some UN thing the last i heard. (btw, i just watched Time Machine starring Guy Pierce and Samantha Mumba, and i dont really recommend it. it has some interesting parts, but overall i thought it was a flop)

the_alliance said:
none of my friends know the bands that i talk about, but are catching on. european pop is my kinda music. some groups are Steps, S Club (former S Club 7), A*Teens (former ABBA Teens), and BBMak. i have their CDs but not BBMak.
euhm

Steps stopped making music like 3 years ago

S Club 7 doesn't exciste anymore aswell, there's a new band now called S Club 8 but it are all different people

I m very interested in European Electonic Music, i m not into the European rock scene, though i like some of the rock groups. I like Kylie Minogue, shes ok.

Does anyone like Rollergirl??

If you have not heard of her try downloading

Rollergirl - Superstar
Rollergirl - Now is the Time
Rollergirl - Boys and Girls (its a remake of some popular old song)

Its really upbeat, i think most of you guys will like it.

OMG, I love brit music! I LOVE S Club, Rachel Stevens, Holly Valance, Delta Goodrem, Gareth Gates and I used to be a huge BBMak fan! And A-teens rock! I really hope the rest of the S Clubbers come out with solo CDs. British imports are so expensive though! :(

vaughnandsydney said:
OMG, I love brit music! I LOVE S Club, Rachel Stevens, Holly Valance, Delta Goodrem, Gareth Gates and I used to be a huge BBMak fan! And A-teens rock! I really hope the rest of the S Clubbers come out with solo CDs. British imports are so expensive though! :(
Brit music ? Holly and Delta are Aussies ;)

Street_Soldier said:
I m very interested in European Electonic Music, i m not into the European rock scene, though i like some of the rock groups.  I like Kylie Minogue, shes ok.

Rollergirl - Superstar

Its really upbeat, i think most of you guys will like it.
i don't really know what you mean with Electronic ... house ? trance ? electro ? dance ?

if you ment electro and you like it you should download some Vive La Fête music they sing in french but the music is really good ... "Noir Désir" really makes me loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooose it :D it's such a freaky song in wich Els, the singer of the band, starts screaming and acts rather orgastic :rotflmao:

you can listen to some songs on Vive La Fête

[quote name='Danté's Prayer' date='Dec 17 2003, 09:53 AM'][quote name='vaughnandsydney' date='Dec 15 2003, 09:58 PM'] OMG, I love brit music! I LOVE S Club, Rachel Stevens, Holly Valance, Delta Goodrem, Gareth Gates and I used to be a huge BBMak fan! And A-teens rock! I really hope the rest of the S Clubbers come out with solo CDs. British imports are so expensive though! :([/quote]
Brit music ? Holly and Delta are Aussies ;) [/quote]
um yeah... i know that but i bought their cds as imports from england and they are on the english charts as well.... -_-

[quote name='Danté's Prayer' date='Dec 17 2003, 09:59 AM'][quote name='Street_Soldier' date='Dec 15 2003, 03:13 AM']I m very interested in European Electonic Music, i m not into the European rock scene, though i like some of the rock groups.  I like Kylie Minogue, shes ok.

Rollergirl - Superstar

Its really upbeat, i think most of you guys will like it.[/quote]
i don't really know what you mean with Electronic ... house ? trance ? electro ? dance ?

if you ment electro and you like it you should download some Vive La Fête music they sing in french but the music is really good ... "Noir Désir" really makes me loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooose it :D it's such a freaky song in wich Els, the singer of the band, starts screaming and acts rather orgastic :rotflmao:

you can listen to some songs on Vive La Fête [/quote]
Sorry i should have specificed its Dance.

is it just me, or did Victoria Beckham (Posh Spice aka Mrs. David Beckham) seem prettier in her performance on World Idol than she did performing as a Spice Girl?

doesn't her music kinda remind you of Lisa's (ex-Steps member) style? is that the new sound in Europe these days?

sorry i am going for bands like within temptation, green lizard, lost prophets and the heideroosjes

all dutch though :lol:

and ofcourse i like other bands

Sophie you know all this, i like MCSolaar, Zebda, Yann Tiersen but i don't like Ophélie Winter and i don't know Angélique Kudjo
I like Zebda as well , they are from my home town.
As far as I am concerned I love brit pop , like oasis , and radiohead of course !!!
And Robbie Williams , Phil Collins ... and a lot of french singers and bands of course!!! (Noir désir , Raphael , Zazie , Daft Punk ....)

I think Oasis will go down as one of the greatest bands of the 1990's. They had 2 Really Great Albums
-Definatly Maybe
-Whats the Story

and 3 ok albums
-Be Here Now
-Standing on the......
-Hethen Chemistry

They were and still are one of my favourite bands. even if you dont like them, Liam Gallagher's antics will amuse for hours

Back