17. Unitet Kingdom-----------------> 28
18. Polen-------------------------> 28
19. Island---------------------> 16
20. Netherland----------------> 11
21. Austria---------------------------> 9
22. Belgia---------------------------------> 7
23. Irland-----------------------------> 7
24. Norway-----------------------> 3

i liked maltas, it was weird that they didn't get more votes...and i also like the one that went "my love grows stronger every minute"! it was awesome.
den svenska va int så bra, sori.
:Ph34r: pii :Ph34r:

the whole thing was felgercarb again this year. i'm not watching it next year.UK have no excuse for coming 17, it's their own fault for voting that twat as our entry. utter nonsense.

Well, it's always fun to watch. :P Even if Ukraine's song was not *fantastic*, I think the singer had energy and voice enough to put some ambiance. ;)
But once again, I was extremely disappointed by the oh so political reactions of some countries. I won't give further explanations, I think you got my point.
I understand that closeness or language make you proner to vote for your neighbour country or a country with which you share a common past, but sometimes, it just gets ridiculous.

tsk this kind of thing is all friends politics anywayz.....2 hands on 1 belly. and goddam what a s***e song by holland

I'm from a Ukrainian family (but I live in Australia at the moment), so of course I am biased! I can't believe they had a record number of votes.

I don't think Ukraine was fantastc, but they were energetic and very 'Eurovision' in their style.
The funniest thing is that I have no idea how a country as poor as Ukraine will be able to pull of something this major next year!

My mother and I thought it was hilarious during the voting when all of the people reading out the votes seemed to be on drugs. They were all mad, or doing really strange things like bursting out laughing or saying really weird things.

Itz the MT said:
marco said:
tsk this kind of thing is all friends politics anywayz.....2 hands on 1 belly. and goddam what a s***e song by holland
Yea all Eastern European countries vote on each other. :rolleyes:
I agree with you. The Winner was 'Xena The Warrior Princess' :P

Natalia, you have my name. My name also is Natalia. :P

..oh well..you're so right about the Xena felgercarb, I was like..well that's different.. but I actually liked it. I'm always soo embarrased with my country songs..Portugal.. thank God we didn't make till the final, and I was praying for Spain, not only because we're neighbours but because I thought it was a fantastic song, thank Gog Portugal gave them the 12 points, I was soo sick of earing Ukraine 12 points, or Greece 12 points..

Itz the MT said:
marco said:
Yea all Eastern European countries vote on each other. :rolleyes:
It's not just Eastern Europe. I seem to recall Portugal giving its 12 points to Spain, for example. My mother and I predicted nearly every country's top vote.

I dont think the UK will ever win again cause we ain't got any neighbours and no one likes us with the whole war situation. I think the UK should pull out and start spending our money on other things.

I loved the UK song, I really did.. :smiley:

Too bad Holland didn't get a lot of points this year.. Oh well, maybe next time.

I used to watch the Eurovision, but, simply put, it's become a loada felgercarb!

It's no longer about the songs. Since tele-voting was instated, it's more about who dances best, or who can strip off the most clothes!

Now, some of the songs were good. But I wouldn't buy them if they were released.

i thought that ukraine was okay, but definetely not the best.. i liked albania and cyprus...and maltas was funny aswell..:D someone from portugal said hgere earlier that she was so relieved that portugal didn't make it to the final because she is always so embarrased. it's teh same for me!!!! i'm from finland and i always want to die every second year when we get to participate!!!! i am actually a pretty patriotic person, but our country just SUCKS in the ESC!!!! I heard that if you put all points that have been given through all the year, finland is the country that has gotten the least points.. :blush: HOW EMBARRASING!
uuh, and i totally agree with the political stuff you guys said earlier, all the countries in one region vote on eachother, so basically sweden and norway are the only ones that vote for us..pretty sad actually, because the contest has got so little to do with music anymore... (n)

fridolina said:
i thought that ukraine was okay, but definetely not the best..
I was just so proud they weren't as embarrassing as last year with the contortionist and the stupid song!
I don't think Eurovision has ever been much more than a joke to a lot of people. I mean, ABBA for Heaven's sake?! Not exactly top-quality, but highly entertaining! Eurovision is about fun, as anybody who has ever watched it with the British commentary would know!

Back