Eurovision Songcontest

The UK was robbed. we were quite obviously the best song in the whole cometition. had the best singer and performance but because everyone hates the UK we came 4th from bottom. its bulls***. Greece's song was a complete rip-off of our song. never watching again...i've had enough now.

You watch it to see who won? I thought everyone in the UK watched it for Wogan. Cos he was on form last night.

what does annoy me in those things is that 4 countries (agaqin- nothing against the UK) are allways in the competition! i think that is stupid! no offense, but when is the last time france won? or at least sang something ppl understood?

Maybe because we are the four biggest contributors?

Maybe because we are the four biggest contributors?
i know that! but it shouldnt give those countries ammuinty(sp?), just bcuz they r the biggest contributors! its not fair that way!i think all the countries should get the same chance 2 win!

wow ok

so i just heard the Swiss song and now i'm wondering why it didn't win??? it's so great! it's kinda symphonic (opra) metal like Tristania and Therion... it's such a great song !!!

Christiana Stephens said:
Please, someone can explain me what is this? Is a competition among european nations? Where can I see it? I never hear about it before... (n)
[post="1351645"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
you are from italy? I dont know which channel it is on in italy..you should check it online.
anyway, yes its a song contest between 24 europian countries.
10 are one who did good last year, 10 more are who got the first 10 places in the semi-finals and another 4- france, england, irland and the forth one i dont remember, who are the biggest contributors.
any other questions?
this year was their 50th year.

Oh my God! Is it the 50th year they do this competition? I can't believe it!
Here in Italy I've never heard nobody speaks about this contest.
If you give the link, I'll glance at the show.

Maybe RaiUno has aired it during the night... there're so much shows, which in Italy are considered less important, that are send after midnight...
I'll search for it on RaiUno broadcast... meanwhile thanks Dante!

Danté said:
[post="1351792"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
then no wonder she never heard about it!
I dont know why, but i found that kind of amuzing...a whole country gets offended
and boycouts (sp?) the whole eurovision...

That's stupid to be offended if you get 0 points. I don't even remember how many times Finland has gotten 0 points or been the last but we still keep trying and trying. Every year we keep hoping that this year is our year but it never happens! But we don't really mind it, we're so used to it :D

Nightwish actually tried to get into the contest but they didn't win the place. They came second and we ended up sending a really horrible song that got something like 5 points there.. It was years before Nightwish became a big hit ( of course they were a big name in Finland then) And now they are too famous for that kind of silly competition, they don't need it anymore..

who won it this year? im way to lazy to look through the other pages :rolleyes: and I didnt watch because Ireland didnt even get through to this year's final 😆

Back