evanescence

I know!! I hope that they can work it out eventually, Amy and the rest of the band have already started wrting the second album, apparently with no input from Ben Moody :(

Hey! I just realized that this forum was here- thats how lost i am :lol:
Where did you get your poster??? i've been desperately trying to find one!!!!
oh and does anyone have all the origin songs? i'm missing two- even in death and anywhere. And i would get the cd from ebay but its expensive. And whats the deal with Ben? I still dont get what happened.

Em

oh and does anyone have all the origin songs? i'm missing two- even in death and anywhere. And i would get the cd from ebay but its expensive. And whats the deal with Ben? I still dont get what happened.

Em
I got it at Hot Topic, but you can also get one online.

I wish I had all the Origin songs...

The deal with Ben is this:

Evanescence’s Guitarist Is Gone For Good
Wednesday November 19, 2003 @ 04:30 PM
By: ChartAttack.com Staff

Evanescence

They’ve made it official — Evanescence co-founder Ben Moody has permanently left the band. Singer Amy Lee confirmed his departure to MTV.com on the red carpet at this past Sunday’s (November 16) American Music Awards. Apparently Moody’s departure has been for the better, Lee told MTV that "It was just an unhealthy situation for everybody."

As we’ve already reported, Moody dropped out of his band’s European tour without any public announcement, let alone much of an explanation for his band mates, back in October.

So now that Moody’s out, who will replace the guitarist/songwriter?

MTV reports that Evanescence have already got some replacements lined up. For the time-being, Cold guitarist Terry Balsamo will pick up the extra slack, at least until this February. Balsamo’s set to accompany Evanescence for the duration of their North American tour and there’s a possibility that he will stick around for a couple of their stops in Japan and Australia.

Although the band will be touring well into 2004, they’ve already begun writing for their next album, which will not feature any input from Moody. In the running for a replacement on the upcoming album are former Limp Bizkit guitarist Wes Borland and Lee’s boyfriend, Shaun Morgan of Seether. The couple made their first public appearance on Sunday, but have reportedly been dating for close to seven months.

Evanescence and Balsamo will be playing three Canadian dates next month:

December 12 Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre
December 13 Quebec City, QC@ Colisee Pepsi
December 14 Mississauga, ON @ Arrow Hall
—Jennifer Velagic

and something slight miscellaneous, here's a pic of Amy and her boyfriend at the 2003 AMAs: MSN | Outlook, Office, Skype, Bing, Breaking News, and Latest Videos

Em
I got it at Hot Topic, but you can also get one online.

I wish I had all the Origin songs...
I downloaded all of the songs from origin off of Morpheus.

:lol: Message from a Toronto Cracker :lol:

thanks for the info- that is REALLY sad about Ben! I think that we'll all miss him! But i really REALLY hope that the band will still go on and be good after this. That would be TRAGIC if they stopped making good music, because Ben was always the one who wrote the melodies for the lyrics Amy wrote.

Em

Yeah it is sad and weird, but optimistically, I'm hoping that a few years down the track, this will be some silly little disagreement they can laugh about later on, but I think the rest of the band will be okay.

I think that's what all Evanescence fans are hoping - "a silly little disagreement"

Truth takes time...

But I also think the band will be fine...as long as Amy stays...w/o her its not Evanescence.

hehe, nice use of Alias there, and I hope Amy doesn't leave as well, I mean she's the freakin' voice of the band, and she half of who started it all in the first place, etc... out of interest, do any of you go to evboard?

Intel said:
hehe, nice use of Alias there, and I hope Amy doesn't leave as well, I mean she's the freakin' voice of the band, and she half of who started it all in the first place, etc... out of interest, do any of you go to evboard?
I'm sure she won't leave...she's a lot smarter than that. I went to the evboard a loooooonnng time ago.

Honestly, the only person in Evanescence I really like is Amy Lee. They can always get replacements for the ones who drop-out. She does write most of the songs you know.

:lol: Message from a Toronto Cracker :lol:

that's right about her writing most of the songs, I'm totally angry at myself for missing them at the BMAs, but I'm looking forward to their next album.

I adore My Immortal :smiley:

Back