Ever had braces?

Have you ever had braces?

• Yes, but I've gotten them off already.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I currently have them.

• Yes, but now I only have a retainer.

• No, I've never had them, but I need them

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, but I'm about to get them.

• No, never needed them.

• Other

• Total voters
Just wondering, since I'm getting braces soon. So far, all they've done is taken x-rays and pictures and done a mold of my teeth, as well as taken out four of my teeth (it is so disturbing to hear the sound it makes when the tooth comes out...but, thankfully, there was no pain), and they've put spacers into my teeth. what about you guys? can anyone explain the whole process to me?

I had to wear braces on my teeth for 5 years. :blink: Now, I just wear a retainer, and I have to wear my retainer at night.

I voted "other"
I only had to wear a retainer for 6 months, at bed time, than I had wires glued on to the back of my upper and lower teeth so that they wont go crocked again.
I found that the retainer made my teeth and gums very soar after my orthodontist tightened them once a month.

~~Spongy!

November 13 said:
Never had them but I should get them-- its because of ONE crooked tooth-- the vampire tooth.
:eek: Same here - my lower pointy one is kinda turned which causes the others to move a bit - damn overcrowding :( It's all good though bc haven't you heard people with crooked teeth are the best kissers :P

My top teeth are straight though :D

I'm in my twenties, but some of my baby teeth have only just fallen out! There is no room in my mouth for all my adult teeth, and they're suddenly REALLY crooked. I have been putting off going to the orthodontist, but it's going to have to happen some time in the next few months. I'm scared!

i had braces. poor me back then. :lol: now i have a retained but i don't even know where i last put it. :mellow: darn thing, i've probably worn it twice and gave up. :lol:

i had braces for over a year when i was about 15 i guess - train track ones and then a retainer.

and god damnit - since my accident i will have to have them again if i decide to get my jaw fixed right!! :(

twice in your life just is wrong i tell you! :nonono:

I had braces from grade six to great 8, about a year and a half. My teeth were so screwed up, it wasn't even funny :smiley: I had a retainer for a while, but I don't have to wear it anymore. The unfair thing is that my twin has like perfect teeth and we're identical - no braces for her!

yeas and currently still have them and they are a 13itch!!! i hate them but only b/c i have had them on for so long and i have to wear rubber bands -_- they wire my mouth shut almost and i want them off so badly so i wear them as much as i can. but that prolly wont be until next year :angry: ...the only good thing out of this whole thing is that i am getting straighter teeth

Back