Season 4 Evergreen

SkyGirl5

Cadet
Ok so Evergreen is nadias code name
could this be in reference to the fact that she is a green agent aka a new agent

and she might never be as good as syd - always in her older sisters shadow
hence evergreen

ok did i just read WAY too into that?! :blink:

Janet, you are analyzing a bit much, but you can't help...I don't blame you. :hug: Kind of um, lame though in my opinion...could have used something better...if they thought about it...

Riley xoxo

lol i was like 'wonder what nadia's codename' right when i realized both of them must have codenames since their on a mission. haha...

i didn't really look too into it...interesting speculation though!

SkyGirl5 said:
Ok so Evergreen is nadias code name
could this be in reference to the fact that she is a green agent aka a new agent

and she might never be as good as syd - always in her older sisters shadow
hence evergreen

ok did i just read WAY too into that?!  :blink:
[post="1217600"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That's exactly what I thought as I watched as well. For all intents and purposes, Nadia is the rookie in APO, and as Jack pointed out, Sloane has been sidelining her for a while now, I think the codename was chosen to subltely suggest Nadia's inexperience and need for protection, at least in Sloane's eyes.

Lol I think you guys might be reading a bit too much into this. Do all the codenames have hidden meanings? Is Sydney "Pheonix" because she "rose from the dead"? Is Vaughn's codename of "Shotgun" a reference to murdering his wife? Is Marshall - "Merlin" - really a tech wizard? Since Dixion's codename is "Outrigger", does that mean he was a sailor before being a spy? Does APO think that Weiss is a dog because his codenames is retriever? But perhaps most importantly - does "Raptor" mean that Jack is perhaps a dinosaur in disguise?!? We'll just have to tune in next time to find out. ;)

- Meg

If there is anything to her code name, I would go w/ the loyalty idea...when Jack was testing her that whole loyalty thing came out.

Lol I think you guys might be reading a bit too much into this. Do all the codenames have hidden meanings? Is Sydney "Pheonix" because she "rose from the dead"? Is Vaughn's codename of "Shotgun" a reference to murdering his wife? Is Marshall - "Merlin" - really a tech wizard? Since Dixion's codename is "Outrigger", does that mean he was a sailor before being a spy? Does APO think that Weiss is a dog because his codenames is retriever? But perhaps most importantly - does "Raptor" mean that Jack is perhaps a dinosaur in disguise?!?

HEEEE!!!!!

So, so true. Seriously. We look waaaay to much into things. Its not healthy.

Kelly V said:
HEEEE!!!!!

So, so true. Seriously. We look waaaay to much into things. Its not healthy.
[post="1217787"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

But it's fun. And I actually think they did give them code names that mean something. I mean Vaughn used to be Boy Scout, that was obvious. Now Jack's a raptor, bird of prey. They all fit.

Evergreen...it was narrowed down from a possible code name list that also included: Spruce, Mighty Oak, and Noisy Badger. Obviously, Evergreen won out.

meggyp25 said:
Lol I think you guys might be reading a bit too much into this.  Do all the codenames have hidden meanings?  Is Sydney "Pheonix" because she "rose from the dead"? Is Vaughn's codename of "Shotgun" a reference to murdering his wife?  Is Marshall - "Merlin" - really a tech wizard?  Since Dixion's codename is "Outrigger", does that mean he was a sailor before being a spy?  Does APO think that Weiss is a dog because his codenames is retriever?  But perhaps most importantly - does "Raptor" mean that Jack is perhaps a dinosaur in disguise?!?  We'll just have to tune in next time to find out. ;)

- Meg
[post="1217770"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Or maybe Vaughn is "shotgun" because he's not usually the "driver" on most assignments? He is more like the passenger aka shotgun? (Sorry about the passenger reference - the context was meant to be different) ... I kind of think their codenames are pretty specific. Phoenix and Merlin seem ... hmmm.... too perfect. I think we should read into the Evergreen thing! :read: :clover:

I think they do have meanings! Alias attracts people who like the speculating. I remember reading somewhere about how JG's school team were the mountaineers? I like the loyalty idea.

Tiger<O> said:
That's exactly what I thought as I watched as well. For all intents and purposes, Nadia is the rookie in APO, and as Jack pointed out, Sloane has been sidelining her for a while now, I think the codename was chosen to subltely suggest Nadia's inexperience and need for protection, at least in Sloane's eyes.
[post="1217695"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

But that would be insulting for Nadia to be called the equivalent of the "newbie" all of the time.

There would have to be a positive interpretation for evergreen.
Evergreens thrive in all seasons. Could that be what her name means?

rileylovesalias said:
Janet, you are analyzing a bit much, but you can't help...I don't blame you. :hug: Kind of um, lame though in my opinion...could have used something better...if they thought about it...

Riley xoxo
[post="1217659"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

hhaha thanks riley

btw jack as a dinosaur HAHAHHAHAHA

Outrigger also means stabilty and support
definition: A projecting frame extending laterally beyond the main structure of a vehicle, aircraft, or machine to stabilize the structure or support an extending part.

I love analyzing everything about this show... so why not the nicknames... Mountaineer -- JG is from West Virginia... so I loved how that was her name.... So anyways -- back to Evergreen... don't have one yet on this one -- I'll have to get back to ya... :lol:

meggyp25 said:
But perhaps most importantly - does "Raptor" mean that Jack is perhaps a dinosaur in disguise?!?
[post="1217770"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Raptors are a class of predatory bird. :lol: It relates to "Phoenix." Just because of "Velociraptor" et al . . . :lol:

Hi,

I just assume since evergreens remain the same all year long that Nadia is stable and that she will always be there. I don't think the green has to do with Nadia being new - afterall she has been a spy with Argentine intelligence before her stint with APO.

If I were really reading into things, then I would say that birds live in trees - so the Phoenix will live in the Evergreen. They will have a symbiotic relationship helping each other grow and stuff. However, things turn bad as someone goes Out, Rigging a Shotgun to kill the Phoenix. The Retriever picks up the carrion and brings it back for the Raptor to eat. Luckily, Merlin saves the day for Phoenix to rise and return back to the ever stable and present Evergreen. All is good in Alias Land.

I am not reading into things though, so I guess the point is moot.

Zach

I thought she might be called evergreen because during last season all of the evil rambaldi freaks kept trying to fill her with green fluid. Maybe everyone at APO assumes that she is completely green on the inside!
(Someone at APO has a sick sense of humor, or maybe it's just me)

Back