Evergreen

Hello! This is my first fan-fiction post. I hope you all enjoy it.

---
Authors note: I do not own any of the orginal characters.
---

EVERGREEN

Chapter One

THE PAIN WAS SO UNBEARABLE THAT IT MADE HER STOMACH TURN. She couldn’t fathom how some people could tolerate pain and others could not. It didn’t matter though, she was dealing with a hole in her shoulder for the past seventy-two hours now.
A small ray of light made it’s way through her darkened cell, and she knew that it only meant one thing. Someone was coming.
The door abruptly opened, causing her to jump a little. Two men stepped in her cell, blocking the rest of the light from coming in. She couldn’t make out their faces, but their figures were prominent in the shadows-one of them obese, and the other well built.
“Are you ready to talk yet?” The obese man asked. He had a heavy German accent that made it a little hard for her to understand him at times. She figured he was the boss.
Like before, which resulted in a bullet piercing her shoulder, she did not speak. There was no way she was going to betray any of her colleagues-especially her sister.
“Very well,” He said, turning his back to her and whispering something into his henchman’s ear before leaving.
Whatever he had whispered to the guard, she knew she wasn’t going to like it one bit. She saw the guard reach for something attached to what she presumed was a belt. He then made a gesture with his arm, which caused her to curl up into a ball, and the last thing she remembered before passing out from the pain, was the sound of a gun being fired.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The usual hustle and bustle of her APO colleagues did little to soothe Sydney’s nerves. It had been three days since a routine mission in Munich, Germany went terribly wrong, ultimately leading in the capture of her younger sister.
A pair of firm hands planted themselves on her shoulders. She didn’t have to turn around to know who they belonged to.
“God, your tense,” Vaughn said as he started to massage Sydney.
She didn’t say anything, she was to busy basking in Vaughn’s comfort and massage. For a minute, it felt like she escaped reality, but when she came back she was still in her office, Vaughn was still massaging her and Nadia was still missing.
Vaughn stopped his massage and grabbed a chair next to Sydney. They made eye contact and he had to resist the urge just to kiss all her worries away. His father once told him that you can tell a lot about a person, just by looking into their eyes. Sydney’s eyes were telling him that she was tired and needed to rest.
“You need to rest, Syd,” Vaughn said, trying to put it as gently as he could.
Sydney wasn’t going to deny that. She was tired. But how could she sleep not knowing if her sister was alive or dead in a ditch somewhere.
“I know your worried. APO has done everything they could to find her. Do you think she would want you to loose sleep over her?”
Sydney looked up at Vaughn. He did have a point. “What if it was me? What if I were the one missing. Would you sleep?”
“No,” Vaughn admitted. “But your not helping her. If we were called to extract her, you’d be way off your game. You could get killed or captured. How would we explain that to her?”
Sydney sighed. “Fine. Fine. I’ll get some rest. Later.”
Vaughn smiled. “Good. Besides, I’m sure she’s fine.”
She wasn’t going to hold her breath on that.

-------------------------------------

Hmmmmmm
Interesting... very interesting...
Im hooked!
More soon please! PM me when you up date this looks like it could turn into something very interesting.

I like this fic. Love how Sydney is worried about her sister and how Vaughn does take care of her :love: . What will happen to Nadia? What want these guys from her?

I especially liked you mentioned my homecity in your fic: Munich. :lol:

Can't wait for read more. So please update soon! :smiley: And could you send me a PM, too, please?

A/N: My writing is not the best, and I know now it seems confusing as heck, but I promise it will become more clear. Thank-you for all your reviews. Sorry it took me so long to update.

CHAPTER TWO

ARVIN SLOANE SAT IN HIS OFFICE, DEEP IN THOUGHT, REVIEWING everyone’s mission statements from Munich, Germany. He had re-read the statements over and over again, each time pointing out new flaws that he had missed before.
A small knock on the door, brought him out of his concentration.
“I said I was not to be disturbed.” His voice was cold and angry.
“I’m sorry sir, but this came for you. It seemed urgent.” The woman stood between his door frame, holding a brown parcel package.
Arvin sighed reluctantly. “Bring it in.” He watched the woman gracefully walk into his office, and ever so gently hand him the package. He didn’t say thank-you, and was more then glad to see her walk off.
Curiosity took over him as he picked up the package, the only thing on it was the address of APO and his name. He opened it carefully, even though he knew APO had screened all incoming packages. A video tape and an envelope fell out onto his desk. He picked up the video tape and examined it closely. Again, curiosity taking over him, he put the videotape into the VCR, that he had conveniently stored under his desk, and while he waited for it to start playing, he opened up the envelope.
Immediately, he regretted his decision.

Arvin had waited until all the six APO agents hand settled into their seats before he began. Everyone had looked exceptionally tired, the stresses of their job making them look older then they really were. But anger took over sympathy. In his case, it always had.
“I called all of you here for many reasons,” Arvin began, looking at each agent square in the eye. “I won’t bother and humiliate you with the details of the latest mission, but to put it frankly, the CIA could have pulled off a better job then you six.”
Sydney bit her tongue to suppress herself from lashing out at Sloane. The mission didn’t go as planned, everyone knew that, but on paper, everything looked easy.
“I thought I had recruited Americas finest agents. Three days ago, you proved me wrong in more ways then one.”
‘So much for skipping the humiliation part,’ Sydney thought as she looked at her fellow agents, especially her father, to see if he knew what Sloane was getting at. Unfortunately for her, he was just as confused as they all were.
“Now, not only do we not have the documents that has information on each countries nuclear weapons, but we let it get in the hands of a small and dangerous organization.” He clenched his hands into a fist. “Director Chase agreed with me that your latest mission was unacceptable. So, until the document is retrieved, you are all assigned off this case.” Arvin, satisfied, leaned back in his chair.
“You can’t be serious,” Sydney choked out, anger now overcoming her. “We can finish this mission.”
“How can you finish a mission that you haven’t even started? And quite frankly, Sydney, I’m getting quite sick of your attitude.”
“Do you think this is really necessary?” Jack Bristow asked, interrupting his daughter before she could speak.
“The decision wasn’t an easy one, but after all the flaws made on this mission, it has come to our attention that you all need a break from this job. At least until the document is retrieved,” Sloane said, sincerity in his voice.
“I’ll take a vacation when Nadia is home,” Sydney said.
The room went silent, and Sloane’s face fell. “That won’t be necessary…Nadia…Nadia’s not coming home.” There was a hint of sadness in his voice, as the rest of the APO agents registered what Sloane had just said. The room stayed quiet for several moments before Jack spoke up.
“Do we know for sure? They could be lying.” After all, he knew first hand what people could and would do to make someone ‘die’. He experienced it first hand when Sydney had been missing for two years. She was presumed dead at first. They had her ashes tested for DNA and everything.
“It’s no lie. They sent me this tape.” He pushed a button from where he was sitting and within moments, the seven of them were shown night vision footage of a man, and Nadia, in a cell. She looked bad, tired and scared. She was curled into a ball-probably to weak to defend herself. She had said no words, and the only sound was that of a gun shot before her body went completely limp.
Sloane ended the video and next they were shown pictures of Nadia’s autopsy photos. A single bullet to her heart was her demise.
Sydney looked over at Weiss, knowing how much he cared about her younger sister. He had the same expression on his face like she had when she found her ex-fiancée, Danny, dead in her bath tub.
She wondered if Vaughn still had thought Nadia was fine.
He didn't.

cool, i just found your story early today and you already updated. lucky me :smiley:.
well i`m a little confused now. why is slone acting this way? does he want them to rescue nadja secretly? i mean she can`t be dead
:blink:
thank you
suzy

No! Nadia can't be dead! :cry: :cry: Maybe they faked her death for whatever reason. I hope you update soon. I can't wait for more.

Thanks for the PM!

First I want to say thank-you for reading. I appreciate your reviews. And sorry it takes me so long to update. Writers block is a pain.

New chapter, I hope you enjoy!

CHAPTER THREE
Somewhere, Undisclosed.

“EVERYTHING IS GOING AS PLANNED,” CAME A VOICE FROM THE OTHER END of the phone line. “They bought it-all of it.”

“Excellent,” A man, in his late fifties, said, as he looked over at the now slumbering Nadia. “I always knew we could pull this off, Mr. Sloane.”

“Remember, you have to make sure all her injuries are healed and-”

“Don’t worry Mr. Sloane. She is resting now,” He interrupted. “Besides, I would never hurt her.” He walked over to her unconscious form, who looked so peaceful while sleeping, and began to stroke her hair and cheeks. “I love her like she is my own child.”

Through gritted teeth, Arvin said, “The feeling is mutual. Give her two weeks to heal completely. Then I will send the elixir, William.” With that the phone call ended.

William smiled to himself. He enjoyed working with Sloane. His lust for Rambaldi was almost, or more, strong then his.
Although he would of loved to meet the Chosen One too, the Passenger played more of a part in Rambaldi’s end game then just writing the location of the Sphere of life. Of course, the manuscripts didn’t say it indefinitely, and it took him and Sloane years just to read in between the lines regarding the true role of the Passenger, so-to-speak. Luckily for them, the people that Arvin worked with took whatever Rambaldi had to say with a grain of a salt. If they didn’t, they would know. They would know that like the Chosen One, the Passenger too had an abnormal heart-that it wasn‘t located where it is supposed to be.
He bent down and kissed the Passenger’s forehead. “In due time, little one.”

----

A/N:

Confused? Hopefully this will answer some of your questions, and remember that this has NOTHING to do with the shows original plot(maybe some things).

*****SPOILER*******

Some original characters will be brought back(not necessarily all of them) but some will be mentioned.

William will be identified(but you can guess who he is).

Another chapter.

CHAPTER FOUR

LOS ANGELES, CALIFRONIA

SYDNEY OPENED THE DOOR TO HER APARTMENT AND SLAMMED IT SHUT. THERE was so much things that needed to be done, and she didn’t even know where to begin.
She put her hands on her forehead, trying to ward off the on coming headache, but it was no use.

‘You have to stay busy, Bristow,’ She told herself as she began to look for the phone book. ‘Make arrangements…’ Her thoughts trailed off, and she laughed to herself. Who was she kidding. She was not going to bury her sister. She was not going to add another name to her list of friends that died because of her. No, what she needed to do was find the pigs that had her sister and rescue her.

“Vaughn will help me,” She said out loud, grabbing the phone and dialling his number. After three consecutive rings, someone picked up.

“Hello?”

“Vaughn.” Sydney’s relieved voice came.

“How are you holding up?” Vaughn asked, his voice took a different tone. “Weiss is over at my place. I’m afraid to leave him alone.”

Sydney nodded, forgetting for a moment why she had called Vaughn in the first place. “The reason I called was-” She paused. Would Vaughn believe her? She hadn’t even thought of that. It was to late for that now. “-I called because I don’t think Nadia is dead.”

Silence, then a sigh. “Syd, we saw the tape-the pictures. No one could fake the video. We clearly saw her die. I‘m sorry.”

This time it was Sydney’s turn to sigh. “I was dead for two years and I still came back,” She retorted. “Even though the ashes were tested. Hasn’t spying ever taught you not to believe all you see?” She was yelling now.

“That was different Syd! The Covenant used your DNA from your teeth to make copies and place it into a bunch of dust! We aren’t dealing with the Covenant Sydney. We are dealing with a small group that killed Nadia because she couldn’t get out in time!”
Silence.
“Look, Sydney. I’m sorry. I don’t want Nadia to be dead either, but there is no way she could survive a shot to the heart. I’m sorry.”

“Your right,” Sydney said, then hung up the phone. But she still had hope. People rose from the dead all the time.

She didn’t remember falling asleep or going to bed, but she was dreaming. That much, she knew. She was on a beach-unfamiliar to her. She didn’t recognize it. Maybe she had caught a glimpse of it once on a mission.
“Nice place, huh?”

Sydney turned around to see her best friend standing on the beach holding some exotic drink. She smiled at Francine.
“Yeah.” Her face fell.

“Why so glum, girl?” Francine’s happy face was replaced by concern as she etched forward.

“Do I even have to answer that? Everyone that I love is gone…and its all my fault.”

“Don’t blame yourself for what happened to me or Danny or Will. We certainly don’t.”

“How can you say that? I have a shadow that follows me that’s called doom.”

“With that attitude, I’m not surprised.” Francine pouted, then smiled. “Agent Vaughn is really cute. How’d you snag him?”

Sydney looked at her friend then forced a smile. “Don’t try and change the topic-you were never good at that.”

Francine put her hands in the air. “You got me. No wonder your such a good spy. Besides, I like to think of my death as a casualty as a part of the greater good. So now, I can keep a watchful eye on my dear friend twenty four seven.”

“Fran!” Sydney blurted out, embarrassed.

Francine only laughed. “You know what I can’t believe?”

Sydney frowned. “There you go again, changing the subject.”

Francine ignored her. “I can’t believe that you have a little sister. Who would of figured? The resemblance is uncannily.”

Sydney frowned again. “Had. I had a little sister, who died because of me.”

Francine put her hand out. “When are you going to accept the fact that nothing is as it seems. Come on girl, we’ve seen stranger things.”

“I know Fran, I know. But the truth is I miss you a lot. I miss our talks, your laugh and smile. I miss Will and Danny.”

“Girl, has anyone ever told you that you have a big heart? I’m only dead physically. But my memory still lives. That goes with everyone. The only way I’ll die is if you forget and I doubt you’ll forget. So, until the day you die, your stuck with me.”

Sydney smiled and hugged her friend, and hugged her until she was just hugging air. But Francine was right. It was not over. She would not rest until she found whoever did this to Nadia and make them pay. She would make all of them pay. Anyone who hurt her friends would not be spared. She owed them that much.

CHAPTER FIVE
ROME, ITALY

JACK BRISTOW TOOK A SIP OF HIS EXPRESSO AND RELAXED AS THE BLACK, strong, liquid made its way down his throat. He had been in Rome less then five hours and he was already growing tired of this place. Not that he hated Rome, he had been here many times under many aliases, but it dawned on him that this was the first time that Jack Bristow was in Rome.
It was already night, and the café he was sitting in was still buzzing with people and tourists talking about anything. Of course this wasn’t a personal visit. He wouldn’t travel half-way around the world just for a coffee.

“I was beginning to think you weren’t going to show.”

Jack scoffed. “So was I.”

His guest took a seat.

“Coffee?” A young waiter asked.

“Yes…Black.” Irina Derevko turned to Jack. “So, what’s this about?”

Jack placed an envelope in front of his wife. She didn’t pick it up.

“How’s Sydney?”

“She’s fine.”

“That’s all?” Irina inched forward.

“Considering all she has been through, she’s fine.”

Irina nodded and took the envelope. “You know, it’s a little too early for a birthday present.”

“It’s not a present.” Jack crossed his arms.

The waiter came back and placed Irina’s coffee in front of her. She thanked him and as soon as he was gone she began to open the envelope. Pictures of a young woman on a metal slab with a bullet through her heart greeted her eyes.
“I don’t know who she is,” Irina said, placing the photos back into the envelope.

“I didn’t expect you to.”

“Then why waste my time?” She looked at Jack. “You think I killed her?”

Jack shook his head. “No. But someone did.”

“And you think I might know who? Jack, don’t be ridiculous.”

“I’m not.”

Irina sighed and placed a strand of hair behind her ears. “Do you know the identity of this woman? Maybe a name might trigger something.”

“Her name is Nadia Santos.”

Irina’s face showed no recognition.

“Some people also call her The Passenger.”

Irina’s eyes looked directly into Jack’s. She wondered if he knew.

“She’s also your daughter.”

Irina cursed to herself.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Don’t be a fool Jack. Nadia was ripped from my arms after she was born. I had no idea if she was dead or alive…until now, anyway.” She opened the envelope again, this time looking at the girl, and cursed to herself again for not seeing the resemblance of her and Sydney. “Oh and Jack,” She began to say, still looking at the pictures. “Thank-you for breaking this to me so gently.”

“I’m sorry for your loss…”

Irina looked up at Jack. “I lost Nadia twenty four years ago.” She dropped the pictures and began to get up from her seat.
“It was nice seeing you again. Send Sydney my love.”

“You still haven’t answered my question.”

“Whoever killed her had nothing to do with Rambaldi. She was just a casualty.” Sadness etched in her voice. “Keep Sydney safe. Convince her to leave this line of work. Goodbye, Jack.”

And with that she was gone. Again.

Authors note: This takes place in an altered season four. I don't think I mentioned that before.

great updates (y)

is william - william vaughn?

:shh:

CHAPTER SIX
Los Angeles, California

“WEISS, YOU NEED TO STOP MAN,” VAUGHN SAID AS HE SNATCHED A BEER bottle out of his friend’s hand.

“Don’t tell me what to do,” A drunken Weiss slurred. He tired to grab the bottle back from Vaughn, but missed horribly and landed on the floor. He didn’t bother to get up.

“Let’s get you to bed.” Vaughn tried to lift his friend up, but it was useless.

“No!” Weiss protested, which scared Vaughn. Vaughn had never heard him take this kind of tone. “I don’t want to sleep…” His voice softened, and tears began to stream down his face.

Vaughn loosened up. “Why?” He asked.

“Because I’m afraid…I’m afraid I will dream of her.”

Vaughn’s face fell.

“Just…just leave me alone.”

Vaughn sat back down on the couch, knowing all to well that it was going to be a long night. However, when Sydney ‘died’ Weiss was there for him, and he would be there for his pal.

Hours past, and eventually they both had fallen asleep. Only they knew if they dreamt peacefully or not.

Pound. Breath. Pound. Beat. Pound…

Running. It was her release-another way to let go of everything that was bothering her and leave it behind.

The early morning air was cool, and only a couple of dog walkers with over anxious dogs were outside-looking anything but happy. Sydney knew they would rather be sleeping.

A pound. A breath. A pound. A beat. Something her sister would never experience again.

Running was obviously not helping her. She couldn’t get her mind of her sister.

She turned to her apartment complex and wondered how Weiss was. He didn’t take the news to well, and she was thank-full Vaughn had stayed the night with him. Who knew what a depressed Weiss was capable of. She made a mental note to check on them later.

She took out her key and opened the door to her now empty house. At first, she hated the notion that Nadia was indeed Sloane’s. The fact that he had reproduced was enough to make her ill. But she couldn’t hold her sister responsible for something she was unfortunate enough to get caught in the middle of. In fact, she was quite surprised how little she took after Sloane. She was loving and caring. She was also quite stubborn-but that was more of a Derevko trait. Come to think about it, both herself and Nadia seemed to take after their mother more then anything. They had her eyes and looks, even the way they tucked their hair behind their ears-but that was mostly it.

‘How can a child of two of the most ruthless people in the world be so loving?’ Sydney thought. ‘How did we not become our fathers or mother?’

She pushed the thought aside when she realized that Nadia will never meet their mother. Something she had longed for her whole life.

She was about to take a shower when her phone rang.

“Hello?” She answered.

“Hello, Sydney.”

“Dad,” Sydney said, shifting the phone to her other ear.
“I wanted to check up on you-see how you were doing.”

“Thanks, but I don’t think I will be okay until-” Sydney paused. “-are you watching an Italian TV show?”

Jack sighed. “No. I’m actually at a pay phone…in Rome.”

Sydney gasped. “Rome? What are you doing there?”

“I met with a contact-see if they knew anything regarding Nadia’s death.”

The mention of her late sister’s name made her cringe. “And?”

“They didn’t know anything.”

“Oh.”

“But she did send you her love,” Jack said. He must of heard the sadness in her voice.

“Wait…you went to see mom?”

“We met half way so-to-speak.”

Sydney didn’t have to ask her father the rest. She figured he told her mother everything.

“Anyway, my flight leaves in two hours. I’ll see you soon.”

Sydney smiled to herself. “Bye dad.”

“Oh, and Sydney…I promise we will find the people that did this.”

“Thanks, dad.” Sydney heard a click on the other lined and she subconsciously turned her phone off.

And cried some more.

Why are they keeping Nadia and why do they want people to think that she is dead?
I hope that Syd does not give up on her sister...
Thanks for the pm.
Can't wait for more.

Back