Evergreen

Hey everyone! Thank-you all for your reviews. Sorry about the crappy writing, I'll try to improve...honest. Also, sorry for taking so long to update.
Again, thank-you.

CHAPTER SEVEN

Rome, Italy

THERE WERE SOME THINGS IRINA DEREVKO COULD HANDLE WITH EASE. Extended tortures and food depravation were just some of the things she had learnt to tolerate with in order to survive.

The KGB never taught her how to cope with losing a child, she learnt that herself. When she found the man responsible for taking her daughter away she had killed him and destroyed his body so no one could identify him. To her surprise it did nothing to relieve her pain.

When Jack had contacted her four years ago to tell her that Sydney had died, she reacted the same way-the only way-she knew how to cope. She went out looking for the people responsible, and only then did she find out that Sydney was not dead at all. She was just some puppet in the covenants sick game. Relief took some of the hurt away, but the damage was already done.

She hid weakness well, especially in front of Jack. She didn’t want him to know that deep down inside all she wanted to do was cry. Sydney, Jack or Nadia would never know how much she truly loved them.

She took another swig of Whiskey and wondered what she was going to do now. There were tons of Black Op Organizations in Germany alone-which organization had killed her daughter could take years to find out, especially since she was not associated with the KGB anymore. Thank fully though, her name still held some power, and she hoped that would be enough to get what she needs.

After all, hell hath no fury like a mother scorned.

Los Angeles, California

A knock on the door interrupted Sydney from her grieving. Everything in her apartment reminded her of her sister to the point where she was tempted to just burn the whole place down.

Sydney wiped the tears from her eyes and tried unsuccessfully to make herself presentable. Not that she cared.

She opened the door and was surprised to see Vaughn standing there.

“Vaughn-”

He interrupted her. “I wanted to apologize. I shouldn’t have snapped at you like that.”

“Vaughn, it’s alright.”

“No it’s not. For the longest time I tried to look for you when you went missing. It helped keep me sane-if you believe that or not.” He gave her a small smile which she returned. “Weiss heard our conversation. He wants to help and so do I.”

Sydney saw Weiss come up beside Vaughn and she offered him a small smile which he returned. After pondering it for a moment she spoke.
“We will need all the help we can get. Other then that, let’s get started.”

Thanks for your reviews. Sorry for the crappy writing.

CHAPTER EIGHT

Munich, Germany
A week ago

“ANY SIGN OF THE GUEST OF HONOR?” VAUGHN INDISCRETLY ASKED through a micro-chip in his ear. Weiss, Nadia, Sydney and himself had been assigned to infiltrate Mr. Vornamen’s mansion in hopes to obtain a document that held very important Intel on each countries bio weapons. Arvin Sloane had told them that Vornamen belonged to a Black Op German Group, and that the document was held in the sub basement of his mansion.

“Negative,” Came Sydney’s voice as she covered the east side of the mansion.

“Maybe he doesn’t like parties,” Weiss added as he casually looked for the man everyone was honouring tonight.

Sydney chuckled to herself. Weiss always knew how to make light of a situation.

“We only have an hour left before the sub basements alarms come back online. We can’t wait for Vornamen any longer. It’s a risk we have to take.”

Sydney knew Vaughn was right. They already had an activated key card to get down there, but Sloane had stated clearly that they make sure one of them distract Vornamen while the other three retrieve the document. But time was running out and it was now or never.

“There are two guards blocking the access to the basement,” Weiss stated, watching as Sydney and Vaughn had made their way into his view in opposite directions.

“I’ve got this one,” Nadia said. She grabbed a champagne glass and drunkenly made her way to the two guards. She made sure not to pay too much attention to them, so that when she purposely tripped herself in front of them, it would look more like an accident then a set-up.

Sydney watched on, a slight smirk on her face as she watched her sister do her thing.

Nadia opened her eyes, and then looked at the guard who had caught her. She got herself straightened up, still looking at the guard who had caught her and made sure she looked confused. Then a big smile came across her face. “Nick? I was wondering where you went!” She slurred in German, as she wrapped her arms around him. “I’ve missed you so much!” She jumped on him and wrapped her legs around his waist, making it impossible for him to pry him off.

Weiss was obviously not enjoying this.

“Who is she?” The first guard asked the second guard in German.

“I don’t know,” The other replied, trying unsuccessfully to pull her off. “She’s too drunk. Maybe I should put her in the guest room. I don’t want Vornamen’s party to be ruined.” The Second Guard began to walk away, and Nadia reached out for the first one.

“Can he come too? I like him Nick,” Nadia gave her best puppy dog face, and the first guard gave in.

“Three minutes. That’s it,” The second guard said as they both took Nadia to one of the guest rooms.

Sydney turned to Vaughn, who was already making his way to the basement. Nadia had done her thing, now it was time to do theirs.

The three of them made their way to the sub basement, and, just like Sloane said, the Document was there.

Sydney looked around the room and saw four access panels that needed to be pressed at the same time in order for the in-casing to release the Document. No sooner then said, Nadia had made her way into the basement as well.

“Did anyone see you?” Vaughn asked.

“No,” She replied.

“The guards?” Weiss asked.

“Unconscious.”

“We only have twenty minutes left,” Sydney reminded.

The four took their positions and within minutes the document was in their grasp.

“Let’s get out of here,” Weiss said.

“Not so fast.”

The four of them turned around to see four other guards come up behind them with guns in their hand.

Sydney dropped the document and slowly placed her hands behind her head and got on her knees. The rest of them followed suit without being told to.

“Your going to remember this day for the rest of your life,” One of the guards spat, before shooting the four of them with tranquilizer darts.

The last thing Sydney saw before succumbing to sleep was her sister’s limp body being dragged off.

Thank-you for all your reviews!

CHAPTER NINE

Somewhere, Undisclosed

SHE WAS VAGUELY AWARE OF HER SURROUNDINGS WHEN SHE BEGAN TO WAKE up from whatever drug they had given her. She could only make out a few odds and ends in the very white room she was being kept in. The constant sound of a heart monitor and a very long, white table, were the only things she could make out clearly.

That, and the constant throbbing she felt in her chest. She tired to move, but that action caused searing pain to rip right through her body, making her cry out a little.
It was only then did she realize there was a man in the room.

“Your up, Little one,” He said to her as he began to approach her.

Her vision was still a little bit fuzzy, but she could swear she had heard the man’s voice before. But she dismissed that notion as a side affect to whatever they had given to subdue her.
The man began to fill the syringe full of a clear liquid. This made Nadia’s stomach turn. She hated needles.

“Wh-what is that?” She asked. Her voice was parched and she was to tired and weak to fight back.

“Don’t worry, Little one. It’s only a sedation.”

“I don’t need that,” She said, trying to get out of her restraints.

“It will make you feel better-stop the pain.”

Nadia would of rather dealt with the pain, then to be rendered completely useless. She saw him inch closer and stick the needle into her IV. She tried to tug her arm, but the more she moved, the more pain she endured.

“I’m not going to hurt you, but trust me, if you get on my wrong side, it will be hell for you.”

Nadia felt the drug begin to work, but before she slipped away, she made one thing clearly known to her captor: “I was born in hell.”

Los Angeles, California
Sydney’s Apartment

Sydney placed the last folder on her coffee table and let out a frustrated sigh. Her father had joined the three of them about four hours ago, and even after all the Intel he had provided, they still had no new leads on where Nadia could be.

Sydney was starting to believe that her sister was indeed dead.

Weiss noticed this. For the first time in his life he was happy. He had met the girl of his dreams who loved magic and his all around goofiness. Hell, she even liked his smile. For once he had met a girl, who was very pretty, who could get any ‘Vaughn’s’ of the world, but yet she choose him. Even though that still baffled his mind. “I’m not ready to give up on her…I know she is alive,” Weiss said. “She’s strong.”

Sydney’s heart went out to Weiss. “We’re not giving up,” She said. “We just need new leads…more resources.”

“And how do you suppose we do that?” Vaughn asked.

“All my contacts turned up with dead ends,” Jack added.

The room went silent.

Then Weiss spoke.

“What about Irina?” Heads turned toward him. “Come on. She can get into Sloane’s head. Get her to get him to put us back on this case. We will have more resources.”

Even though Vaughn hated this idea, he said, “I have to agree with Weiss. She is our only hope.”

“And if she doesn’t help us?” Jack asked.

“If she says she loves her daughters like she says she does, she’ll do it.” Sydney turned to her father. “Can you contact her again?”

Jack sighed, then nodded. “I have a way to contact her.”

Sydney looked puzzled, but then let that thought go. “Good.” She said. “You find Mom, and I’ll go talk to Sloane.”

Nadia felt the drug begin to work, but before she slipped away, she made one thing clearly known to her captor: “I was born in hell.”
you should be given the :eek:scar: for that line !
thank you

Thanls for your reviews and compliments.

CHAPTER TEN

Rome, Italy

THE AROMA OF FRESHLY BAKED ITALIAN CUISINE DELIGHTED IRINA’S NOSE when she stepped outside from the one bedroom apartment she had bought six years ago. She fell in love with Rome the same day she fell deeply and madly in love with Jack. She remembered telling him that she had never been to Rome. The next day he had surprised her at work and took her to Rome for the weekend. He had told her that his Boss had let him borrow the private jet. It was the best three days of her life.

She found herself standing in front of the Vatican, one of the holiest places in the world. Even though she had been to Rome plenty of times, she had always avoided coming here. It was like her mind and her body would not allow herself to step foot inside of God’s house. She knew she had committed numerous sins; she even joked with her sister, Katya, that there is a special place in hell for them(the Derevkos), next to Hitler and the devil himself.

However, she didn’t come here to better herself. She was a bettered person the moment her daughters were born. She had tried to convince herself through her pregnancy with Sydney that she did not love the child she was caring. But the moment her daughter was born and held Sydney in her arms, something came over her. Something that was not there before. Something she had never experienced in her life. She was willing to give her life up for this tiny being who was a complete stranger to her. She was willing to go to any lengths to keep her baby from harm. She wouldn’t even let Jack hold her, fearing that she may never hold her again. Her daughters were the only things she did right. Her daughters were the only things that she was proud of. Her daughters were the only things she was trying to protect from people like herself. Her daughters meant everything to her.

And now one of them was dead.

Her baby. The small, fragile, baby girl, that they ripped from her arms mere moments after she was born.

She had come to the Vatican to pay respect to her youngest daughter, who she had for eight months(she was born prematurely) and barely a day. She came to pay respect for the young woman her daughter had become, and never will meet.

She was about to step foot into the church when her cell phone rang. She immediately knew who it was. She dug into her purse and pulled out a non-traceable cell phone, then answered.

“Hello Jack.” She stepped away from the Vatican stairs and out onto the bustling streets.

“Irina,” Jack responded on the other end.

“I assume this isn’t a personal call,” She said, nodding at fellow passer-bys.

“No.”

“I thought so. God, how I know you so well.” There was sarcasm in her voice. “Is Sydney alright?” Her voice took another tone. A maternal tone.

“Sydney is as can be expected. She is hung up on finding answers regarding her sister’s ‘mysterious death’ and whereabouts.”

Irina frowned. “I told you Jack, I have no idea on where-”

Jack cut her off. “We know that. We were hoping you could get into Sloane’s head and convince him to put us back on the case.”

Irina frowned again. “Sloane is hard headed. I think he believes the lies that he tells himself and everyone else.” She heard Jack sigh. “But what I do find odd, is why he would dismiss you all from the case. If he is concerned for Nadia as he says he is, then wouldn’t he want to know what happened to her?”

After a long pause, Jack said, “I never thought of that.”

“Where is Sydney now?”

“She went to talk to Sloane. See if she can convince him to put her back on the case. If she couldn’t, you were our back-up.”

Irina smiled. “I’ll tell you what. If Sloane turns up to be no help, I’ll be in Italy for another week or two. I’d really like to see Sydney again.” With that, she hung up.

She took one last look at the Vatican and decided to better not. If her daughter believed Nadia was still alive, then she was too. After all, Derevkos never give up.

Arvin Sloane sat in his office, reading files that had piled up on his desk over the last week. He was so entrenched in his work that he did not notice Sydney standing by his doorway. He must of felt some sort of presence, because just before Sydney was about to knock, he looked up.

A wide smile spread across his face, and he motioned for her to come in. “Sydney, what can I do for you?” He asked.

Sydney noticed that the repelling old man had looked nothing like she expected. There was no sign that he had ever grieved; that he had lost sleep on the fact that his only daughter had died. She shook that thought from her head and took a seat.

“I came here to talk about Nadia,” Sydney finally spat out, her voice quivering a little. “About arrangements…”

Sloane put his hands together and let his elbows rest on the glass desk, and then rested his chin on his hands. “I see, and what do you have in mind?”

“Finding her body,” Sydney said. “I want permission to go look for her. Chase told me to go talk to you.” Sydney had hoped Director Hayden Chase would approve her request to look for her sister, but she reminded her that Nadia also had a father, and paternal rights over ruled sister rights. If Sloane did not want to see his daughter’s body, then he had the right to leave it wherever the hell she was.

That pissed Sydney off.

“I’m sorry Sydney, but I cannot authorize that. It ties in with the last mission and considering what I said before-”

“I know, but-” Tears started to run down her cheeks. “-Nadia…I always wanted a little sister. Please, let me burry my sister. It will give me some peace.”

Sloane got up from his chair and patted Sydney on her shoulder.

“You gave me the decency to burry my friends…” she trailed off remembering Danny and Francine. “At least let me do the same for my sister.”

Sloane did not grant her wish.

I know, but-” Tears started to run down her cheeks. “-Nadia…I always wanted a little sister. Please, let me burry my sister. It will give me some peace.”

Poor, Syd! Nice to see how much she loves Nadia and sorrows after her, but sad though. :cry:

Can't wait to see how she will react when she learns Nadia is still alive. Thanks for the PM! Please update soon. :smiley:

I know I havent reviewed in a long time and im sorry about that... but...

WOW!!
I knew when i first read this how truely awesome this was going to be and you proved me right! I love being right!

You write with heart and soul and feeling and understanding and it shows because this is an awesome Fic, truely, we dont mind that it takes you so long to update because we're willing to wait for something as well written as this.

You are very gifted and your writting is not at all crappy believe me ive read some felgercarb in my life and this is most certainly not felgercarb.

Keep up the fantastic work and PM me when you update.

Love ya!!
*hugs*

PS Sloane is a SOB but i think he's being that way cause he doesnt want the team to know that he's the one behind Nadias disappearence.... Am I right?? Hehehe

And the people who hurt Nadia had better watch out, if they think a pissed of Sydney is scary Imagine how insanely dangerous it is to piss off her mum!!

Back