Evergreen

Hey everyone! I first want to say I am so sorry for taking so long to update. A lot of stuff has been going on lately(still is) and I haven't had the time. And I was kind of rattled when they killed Nadia on Alias...so, yeah.
Anyway, if your still intrested in reading my crappy writing, I am about to post another chapter for you to enjoy.

I want to also thank you all for your kind reviews. Sloane is an SOB. And I hate him so much that I ripped his picture out of my Alias calendar. You'll just have to read to find out what happens next. Until then, happy reading and long live Alias! Ha. I always wanted to say that. Anyway, here is chapter 11 that took me six years to wrtie:

CHAPTER ELEVEN

ROME, ITALY

JUST AS IRINA HAD PREDICTED, SLOANE PROVED HIMSELF TO BE AS useful as a door knob. She took that back. Door knobs actually did something.

“This is ridiculous,” Eric Weiss said, as he laid his back against Irina’s smooth leather couch. Jack, Sydney, Vaughn, and him, had all booked the next flight to Rome the minute Sloane out proved his worth. “There has to be another way to find her. What if we go back Vornamen?”

Irina perked her head up. “Vornamen?”

“Do you know him?” Vaughn asked, too looking up from the many folders he was looking at.

“I had encountered him many years ago while I was still with the KGB…”

“You left the KGB when it went down in the 80’s…” Sydney pointed out. “There was no way Vornamen would have been a solo man then.”

“He wasn’t. He worked under a man named Richards. He was head of a secret division called Black Diamond.”

“Maybe he was responsible for Nadia’s kidnapping,” Weiss added, hopeful that they finally had a lead.

“Richards or Black Diamond is not responsible for Nadia’s kidnapping,” Irina stated, matter of fact.

“And how do you know this?” Jack finally spoke.

“I killed Richards years ago. When he went down so did his organization.” Irina paused. “You said Sloane sent you on a mission to retrieve a document on bio hazard weapons? Well, that document was uttered completely useless. You see, Richards was very fond of Vornamen. He end up giving him his house. The document was in there for years and no one bothered to retrieve it because Vornamen was to weak and very unpopular to start his own organization-or end the world. He wasn’t after power. Unfortunately, Sloane is. He probably asked Vornamen for the document which he refused. That’s why he sent you in. He probably knew you were working for Sloane…” Irina trailed off. Now everything was starting to make sense.

“Before I passed out, I saw Nadia being dragged away,” Sydney said.

“Like I said before, Vornamen is not a fan of Sloane. He probably had her killed just to show Sloane he does not joke around.”

Sydney felt as though her world had just crashed right on top of her.

“Sloane didn’t grant your request because he couldn’t. Vornamen is not evil. He’ll release Nadia’s body to us.”

Sydney felt sick. She looked around the tiny apartment, and at everyone’s face. Vaughn looked like he believed Irina. Her mother looked like she believed that Nadia was dead. Even Jack and Weiss believed that Nadia was truly dead.

But she wouldn’t.

MUNICH, GERMANY

The plane landed in Munich right on time. Sydney was more then anxious to prove to everyone that Vornamen did not have Nadia, to the point where she actually found herself running to his door step, everyone else following behind her. She was about to ring the door bell when Irina stopped her.

“I think it would be best if I spoke to him.” She watched as her daughter stepped aside, and Irina rang the door bell. She was surprised when the obese man answered the door for himself.

“Can I help you?” He asked in German.

“It’s been a long time, hasn’t it Vornamen?”

Vornamen’s jaw dropped. “Irina Derevko? I thought you were dead?”

“Don’t believe everything you hear.” She gave a small smile to the man. “Anyway, I hear about a couple weeks ago, you had agents break in to your home.”

Vornamen laughed. “Yes, and unsuccessfully. I even got a prize.” He laughed again.

Jack put his hand on Sydney’s shoulder to stop her from lunging at him.

“The prize, would it be possible if I see it?”

Vornamen nodded and then looked past Irina. “Are they her fan club?” He joked as he ushered them all in. “Follow me.”

Vornamen lead the five of them into a cellar that resembled a morgue. Irina had told the four of them that

Vornamen had preserved Richards body out of his undying love for him.

Vornamen stopped in front of a specially designed freezer that preserved the bodies of his victims. He turned to Irina. “You know, Richards had this built to keep souvenirs of all the agents he had killed in his own home. unfortunately, no one has messed with me, until recently, for me to use this. The only body in here is Richards and that unfortunate agent, Sloane’s daughter.” He turned back to the vault and slid it open. A white blanket covered a body.

“I’ll give you some time,”

“How kind of you,” Weiss muttered as he watched Jack unveil the body.

A deathly silence filled the room. Then a thud.

Weiss pried his eyes off of Nadia’s body, and over to see what just happened. Sydney had fainted, and he couldn’t blame her. He felt sick himself. He felt like he wanted to die. He couldn’t stop the tears that fell from his eyes.

His Nadia was dead. And there was nothing anyone could do to make it right.

LOS ANGELES,
ARVIN SLOANE’S HOME

Ring, Ring, Ring.

Sloane sighed as he reached over to answer the phone.

“Yes?”

“Mr. Sloane, it’s me.”

“What do you want?”

“They came by. They ID the body. They wouldn’t leave until they got to take the body home.”

Sloane shot up. “You didn’t let them did you?”

“No sir. But they were persistent so I told them I would cremate her for them. That seemed to satisfy them.”

Sloane relaxed. “Good work, Vornamen.”

“Anything for you and Rambaldi.”

And with that, he hung up.

Hey i just read you fic evergreen! Its really good! I like the way the characters are written very well. Could you please pm when you update. . . Pretty please. . .

Hey i just read your story its really great! It doesnt even seem like your first fanfic cos it such enjoyable read! Could i get a pm when you update please. , .

CHAPTER TWELVE

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

NUMB.

That was about all she felt.

Well, that and anger.

She continued to stare out the car window as Vaughn drove her, her father, and Weiss to APO. Her mother had decided to stay in Argentina for a bit, before heading back to Russia(Sydney had thought it was only right to scatter her sister’s ashes in the country where she grew up in).

Sydney figured Sloane must have heard about their excursion, and he just called them all in to lecture them about listening and following orders. Whatever it was, she was in no mood to listen to it.

Vaughn parked the car a couple blocks away from the subway station, and together the four of them made their way inside APO. Vaughn was surprised to see Dixon and Marshall there, since they had nothing to do with their little adventure.

“What are you two doing here?” He asked, as he watched Sydney wander over to Nadia’s desk.

“We got called in. He said it was urgent,” Marshall replied.

“Maybe the CIA retrieved the document,” Dixon added.

Vaughn sighed. “The document is not important. It’s safer in the hands of Vornamen then Sloane.”

Marshall was taken aback by Vaughn’s revelation. He was about to say something when he saw Arvin motion everyone into the conference room.

Sydney entered the conference room, and took her place. Sloane looked at her, but she just glared back. She had other things-more important things-on her mind, then listening to Sloane scold them for an hour.

“As you all know, the document that was to be retrieved from Vornamen has been retrieved by the CIA through a little negotiation. It has been decided that the CIA will keep it for safe keeping,” Sloane said.

“So does this mean we come back to work?” Marshall asked, disappointment evident in his voice. He liked spending time with his wife, Carrie, and son, Mitchell.

“Yes. As of next Wednesday, you and Marcus will be returning to APO.”

“Next Wednesday? We get a week off?” Dixon asked.

“We thought it would be prudent to give you some more time off with your family,” Chase responded.

Marcus smiled. Sydney wondered if Chase was implying something to Dixon.

“What about us?” Weiss asked. “When do we return?”

Sloane took a breath. “Marshall, Dixon, thank-you for coming in, but that’s all that we need to discuss. Have a good vacation.” Marshall and Dixon nodded their heads and dismissed themselves. Being agents for so many years, everyone knew that a phone call stating they had an extra week off was to risky to discuss over insecure lines. Even if the meeting was only a minute long.

“About returning? When do we…?” Weiss reminded, trailing off. He hated stepping on Sloane’s shoes, so-to-speak, but he hated Nadia being dead more, and anything to keep her off his mind he would do in a heart beat.

“Right, you don’t. Your on a three month suspension for not following my orders,” Sloane said, putting his hands together, reminding Weiss of Mr. Burns.

“What? You can’t be serious!” Sydney stated. It looked like Sloane was shocked to see how fast Sydney got irritated.

“I specifically told you, Sydney, not to retrieve my daughter’s body. And you went against my wishes.”

Sydney threw her hands up in the air. She looked at the Director. AKA Sloane’s boss. “She’s my sister too. I have every right as Sloane does to have some peace of mind.”

“Half sister,” Sloane corrected, which irritated Sydney some more.

Jack spoke, “You can’t penalize us for something that Sloane and you did.”

“What did we do?” Sloane asked, intrigued. Even Chase wanted to know what she did.

“You told us to take the time off. We had all this time on our hands to think of Nadia. It was driving Sydney insane. She wanted some answers and we followed leads. If she was tasked to work on something instead of being suspended she wouldn’t have been looking for Nadia. She wouldn’t have the time.” Jack sat back in his seat, before glancing at Sloane.

“Jack’s right. I won’t authorize the suspension, but you four will be put on probation.”

“What are we in jail? We just lost someone we all loved. I think our actions were understandable,” Weiss said angrily. This was the first time anyone saw him get angry like this.

“Agent Weiss, calm down,” Chase said with authority.

“Calm down? Wait until you loose someone you love with all your heart and then ask me to calm down.” Weiss got up from his chair and left the conference room.

“That man is unstable,” Sloane remarked.

“No. He’s grieving,” Jack remarked.

“Sydney, are you hungry?” Vaughn asked as closed the front door to Sydney’s house. “I can order something in or-”

Sydney interrupted him. “That would be good. But, I think we should ask Weiss to come over. I’ve never seen him get so worked up like that. I don’t really want to leave him alone.”

Vaughn nodded. “I’ll call him.”

Sydney gave Vaughn a small smile while he went into the other room to phone Weiss. The truth was, she wasn’t really hungry, but she knew Nadia would be beating her up if she didn’t take care of herself.

Vaughn came back into the room, phone in hand. “Weiss doesn’t want to come over.”

Sydney frowned and motioned for the phone. Vaughn gave it to her. “Weiss? Why don’t you want to come over?”

“I want to be alone, and I’m not that hungry,” He responded.

“I know. I’m not either, but, would Nadia want you to act like this?”

Weiss chuckled.

“What?” Sydney asked.

“Well, it’s nothing really…just this one time she said something.”

“What did she say?” Sydney asked.

“We were on a mission once, and it didn’t look promising. She said if anything happened to her she wanted me to continue life…and if I met another girl who loved me as much as she did, she would come back and haunt us both.”

Sydney felt her eyes well up with tears. She knew her sister liked Weiss, she just didn’t know how much until today. “Come over Weiss,” She pleaded. “Nadia would want you too.” She heard him say a silent okay.

“What do you want me to order? Chinese? Pizza? Thai? ” Vaughn asked.

“I’m kind of in the mood for some Argentine Cuisine.” Sydney responded.

Vaughn nodded his head, as he answered the door for Weiss. “You in the mood for some Argentine Cuisine?” He asked his best friend.

“I think that’s the only thing I’m in the mood for.” Weiss responded.

SOMEWHERE, UNDISCLOSED

The sedatives she had been given were starting to wear off to the point where she was actually able to think. Her mind was racing with thoughts, but she knew she wouldn’t be able to stay conscious for much longer. Her eyes were getting heavier again, and she could make out faces of people in her mind that belonged to her father, Dixon, Marshall, Vaughn, Jack, her sister-Sydney, and the love of her life, Eric, all that time wondering if they knew she was still alive.

--------
A/N: TY for all your reviews. Can you please tell me if you are having trouble reading wether it be due to format or grammer? TY.

i feel so bad for syd and weiss they loved nadia so much and she gone

or so they think...... awhhhh thr reuntion will be good

thanks for the pm

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
ONE WEEK LATER

ERIC WEISS SPENT MOST OF HIS WEEK OFF IN BED, JUST STARRING at his clock; watching every minute go bye.

The world had continued living, but he couldn’t. Not without the love of his life.

He got out of bed and took a quick shower. Today was his first day back at work, and he wasn’t looking forward to being on probation.

“Damn it,” He cursed to himself as he fumbled around for a belt. He had not realized how much weight he had lost, and now his clothes barely fit him.

He arrived at APO twenty minutes later, and was thankful no one saw him come in. Vaughn and Sydney had returned from a trip to their cottage-to get away from the city. To grieve privately. They had asked him if he wanted to come but he declined. He wasn’t in the mood for company.

Sloane had all called them into the conference room mere minutes later, and Weiss promptly took his seat, avoiding small talk with his colleagues. From the corner of his eye he saw Sydney give him a concerned look, but he just mentally shrugged that off.

“Welcome back,” Sloane began. “I hope you all enjoyed your week off. You all look much better.” It was true. Everyone looked restored and ready to work. Well, everyone except Weiss and Sydney, but Sydney always looked pissed and bothered when she was in the same room with him.

Sloane continued, “Something has come up that needs our attention…”

Weiss lost him after that. He wasn’t in the mood to listen to Sloane’s ramblings. He wasn’t in the mood to do anything period. And for the hundredth time this week, his mind wandered to better times…

(flashback)

“Pizza and hotdogs are considered food,” Weiss said as Nadia shook her head.

“To who?” She asked. It wasn’t that she hated pizza or all you could eat hot dogs after eleven, but after a week of eating out she needed a home cooked meal.

“To me and practically every other North American. Why do you think there is like a McDonalds on every block?”

Nadia cringed. Weiss saw that.

“Fine. How about Chinese?” He asked.

“No.”

“Mexican?”

“Pass.”

“Italian?”

She shook her head. Weiss sighed.

“Are you even hungry because I listed like every restaurant in a five mile radius.”

“I was thinking we could maybe eat in tonight?”

“Well, you basically said no to everything I suggested.”

“I know, but I’m kind of in the mood for some Argentine Cuisine.”

Weiss smiled. “I know a place that makes-”

Nadia cut him off. “I’m talking real Argentinean food.”

Weiss’s smile widened as he grabbed his coat and car keys. “A home cooked meal? That sounds good.”

Nadia laughed. “Good, because I know a great Market. Me and Sydney always buy our food there.” She put her coat on. “And Eric?”

“Yeah?”

“Your helping.”

“Agent Weiss?”

Eric jumped out of his thoughts when he heard Sloane say his name.

“Are you listening?”

“Yeah…Yes I’m listening.” He straightened himself up.

“Then what did I task you to do?” Sloane looked at him, trying to intimidate him.

Weiss wasn’t intimidated. He just shrugged. “I don’t know.”

Sloane sighed in frustration. “If you can’t be here, then maybe you should go home.”

Weiss shrugged again. “Okay.”

This made Sloane even angrier. “Don’t you realize that your careless actions can put your friends in danger?”

“I wasn’t careless in Germany and Nadia’s dead. So no offense, no matter how much we prepare or practice-there is always room for error.”

“Get out of this room, now!” Sloane yelled.

“My pleasure,” He mumbled, and left.

“Excuse me,” Sydney said, getting up from her chair, following Weiss. She called after him, but he didn’t stop walking. She broke out in a run to catch up with him, and they both found themselves outside APO, crying.

“Syd, I don’t think I can go on,” Weiss confessed. He turned to look at Sydney.

“You can and you will. I lost so much, my fiancée, my best friends, but it gave me comfort to know that the man who was responsible for their deaths would pay.”

“But Sloane isn’t responsible for Nadia’s death.”

Sydney put a comforting hand on Weiss’s shoulder.

Of course he was. In one way or another Sloane was responsible for every bad thing.

SOMEWHERE, UNDISCLOSED

When she woke up she noticed she wasn’t in the same room she was in before. This room resembled a hospital room, and had pink walls instead of white.

She figured her body was building a resistance to the drug they were giving her because she was able to wake up briefly to tug the IV out of her arm. She tried to fight off the sleep, but decided it would be best to sleep off the rest of the drug, She looked at the purple bruise on her arm.

They were going to pay.

She awoke a couple hours later, feeling more restored then ever. She made it appear that the IV was still in her arm and that she was still in a deep sleep. She didn’t know how long she waited for someone to come in, but she finally heard the door open and a man step in.

Being in an orphanage taught her how to sleep with one eye open. Not that her eye was open, but if she concentrated hard enough, she was able to make out figures underneath her eye lids.

She waited until the man was close enough to her before she attacked. He was more startled then she was when she realized who her captor was.

“William Vaughn?” She asked, recognizing him from a picture Vaughn had showed her and Sydney. No wonder his voice sounded familiar. He was the one that took her from her mother. But he was dead.

“Your supposed to be dead,” She commented, not letting go of her grip. He tried to talk, and she realized that he would be dead if she didn’t lessen her grip. But that would put her in danger. So she tightened it until she was able to take the gun away from him. She let him go. Gun trained on him.

“I underestimated how strong you are…just like your mother and sister…”

“Why are you doing this? Why are you letting Michael believe your dead?”

William laughed. “You are very unaware…did Sydney ever tell you how they met? It was no coincidence. Michael knows I’m alive. He was meant to protect the Chosen One from you, but he fell in love with her and decided to quit this, which was fine. You would never hurt Sydney. But, I have more use for you.” He took out a vile of a dark purple substance.

“You see this? Alone, this is deadly to you. Like kryptonite to Superman. But mixed with the green elixir and this will give us what all Rambaldi followers want.”

“Eternal life?” Nadia asked. “Got to hell.”

William shook his head, and opened the purple vile. Just the smell the elixir produced was enough to send Nadia to the ground. Her blood was reacting to it, causing her pain. He closed the lid. Just breathing the substance wasn’t enough to kill her, only make her weak enough so he could subdue her.

He didn’t like to see Nadia suffer. He cared for the child like he cared for his son and Sydney.

But he wanted to live forever. And Sloane promised him.

What the Hell...
I can't believe Micheal has been lying to Syd all this time..
I can't believe that Sloane is that gung ho
about Rambaldi that he would subject his daughter to that...
Oh what am I thinking, of course he would, afterall he put the green elixir in her
Can't wait to see what happens next.
Thanks for the pm.

I am soooooo sorry for the long update. I've been busy and sick. Thanks for the reviews. I hope you enjoy.

Chapter 14

SLOANE POURED HIMSELF A GLASS OF HIS FINEST scotch, and took a seat across from the fireplace. The warmth from the fireplace, along with the scotch, helped soothe his stressful day at APO. He wasn’t too happy that Chase agreed with Jack and Eric and granted them one week off instead of three months, but they were on probation, which, he guessed, was better then nothing.
The phone suddenly rang, jolting him from his thoughts. Reaching over, he picked it up. “Yes?”

“Arvin, there is a problem.” Came Bill’s voice from the other line.

This grabbed Sloane’s attention. “What kind of problem?”

“Well, I’ve been experimenting and I’ve mixed the two elixirs together and it did not turn a fiery orange…”

“Are you sure?” Sloane got up from his seat and went over to his desk, looking for one of the Rambaldi manuscripts.

“I did what the manuscript said. Nothing happened. Maybe there is something else we need. Maybe we did not read it right.”

Sloane sighed. “Reread the manuscript. Any mention of any artifact that I do not currently own, contact me immediately."

Somewhere, Undisclosed

“Will do, Arvin.” Bill said as he hung up the phone. He looked over at the manuscript and then over at the slumbering Nadia. She was now completely healed of her injuries and frankly, he did not quite know how much longer she could stand being under the anaesthesia before her body built a resistance. He shook that thought from his mind. Right now he had work to do. If he wanted to live forever, he would need to devote the majority of his time reading what Rambaldi truly meant. Making sure Nadia was securely strapped, he left the room.

She made sure he was completely gone before she opened her eyes. She didn’t know what hurt more, being away from the people she loved, or having her father betray her and use her as a guinea pig.
The anaesthesia had little or no affect on her now. With a strong tug of her arm, she was able to pull the IV out of her arm. That was the easy part. The hard part was now trying to get out of the straps. She tried to wiggle freely, and the most she got was a gap an inch away from her skin. This wasn’t going to work, but she did have a plan. There were still heart monitors attached to her chest, all she had to do was make one of them fall off.

Bill’s office

No matter how much times he read the manuscript, he still couldn’t make out anything useful. Frustrated, he put his head in his hands. Maybe if he got some rest, he could see things better, after all, he was exhausted. Shutting off the light, he walked over to his couch and laid down. He was just about to fall asleep when he heard a loud beeping.

Laboratory

She did it. Now it was only a matter of time before Bill came to her aid. Just like she predicted, Bill came storming through the doors, and quickly un-strapped her.

He laid her carefully on the ground, and the minute he checked for a pulse was the minute Nadia mustered up all her energy to attack him. She hit him hard in the face, causing him to crumble to the ground. She then found any weapon she could find( a metal tray) and hit him over the head with it a couple of times for good measure. She then grabbed a needle and injected him with the same anaesthesia he used for her straight in his neck.

As her mind raced with adrenaline and fear, she headed for the exit and ran into the night. She kept running as far as her legs could carry her, happy that she was free and then passed out.

Somewhere, Undisclosed

She didn’t know how long she had been asleep, but when she woke up she found herself in an unfamiliar bed, in an unfamiliar room. Fear taking over her, she jumped to her feet. An old woman then entered her room, smiled at her and then said something in a language she didn’t understand. The old women smiled and then called for someone. This time, a much younger woman entered the room.

“You’re awake. Did you sleep okay?” The younger women said.

“Where am I?”

“You’re in Ljubljana…in Slovenia.”

Confusion etched across her face.

“My husband found you passed out in the woods. Do you know how you got there?” The young women asked.

She shook her head.

“Do you have a name? Do you know who you are?”

“I-I forget.”

Uh oh. I left you at a cliff. I will try and update soon.

This Was awesome!
I loved the way she tricked Bill . .Action packed. .
And the cliffhanger!
You have to update soon! Please dont keep me hanging!

Back