Everyone Hates Melissa

I certainly don't hate Melissa ... the actress ... I hate Lauren ... the character ... :o_O:

her untimely death will certainly heal my heart ... :lol:

i don't like lauren, s/v shipper so reason is obvious, but still i think that melissa is doing a darn good job at playing her!! i mean if people r reacting so much at her charachter it's bc she's playing it really well. that article is just idiotic, mean and...well...just nasty!! :angry:
melissa is really good at what she does ^_^

Booing someone when they take the time to show up at a convention is just appalling(think it's spelt right..)MG is a good actress,I watched her in Home And Away and Thieves and I thought she was great..I like Lauren, I've only seen a couple of eps cause it just started here in Australia,but my friend said she plays the "Bad Girl" role well and has chemistry with Sark,so looking forward to see that.

~Rach~

I have heard a different side to this since the beginning but no one seems to pay attention, A friend of mine actually went to the Weekend Preview and was there during this convention, she said that both JG and MV were also booed when the "marriage and triangle were mentioned" and when MV was asked if He and Sydney would get back together and he answered "not for the forceable future" and they booed him then MG spoke up and said "its been 2 years and he thought she was dead and we fell in Love and we got married" then its when they booed her, I don't know if I being naive but to me it sounds as if they were booeing the storyline and not MG, but if you want to believe that you also have to believe that they also booed MV and JG not just her. and she later admitted that it was partially her fault for egging on the fans and taunting them about "the marriage.so she knew what she was doing.

Okay

I don't hate Melissa at all!! I am an aussie and it is good to see her doing so well.

I was reading on the eonline website today that her character will step down to recurring next year. Does anyone else know if that is true!! If so why?? I realise her character is hated as she is in the middle of the love triangle, But if she signed on for six years. Couldn't she sue JJ or someone else at ABC or Disney for that matter!!??

I am personally not sure how I feel about her character yet.!! Her accent is a cross between English and Aussie. Haven't heard a real american one yet.

Just my thought!!

:eek:

I must agree with most of the posters here. Even though I do not like the character of Lauren at all, Melissa George seems like a wonderfull person and she is just doing her job. Personally since she has become...
<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->an double agent for the covenant, and therefor "evil",<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->
she has gotten a lot more interesting. It is not fair for people to bash her like they do.
Everybody say it with me now...
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Melissa is not Lauren, Melissa is not Lauren. Lauren is a CHARACTER ON TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span>

On a side note Sydney's Kidney- Where did you get your Xena thing (not sure what it's called, a banner?). I am a big fan and don't know where to get any media on Xena.

blondeaussiechick said:
Okay

I don't hate Melissa at all!! I am an aussie and it is good to see her doing so well.

I was reading on the eonline website today that her character will step down to recurring next year. Does anyone else know if that is true!! If so why?? I realise her character is hated as she is in the middle of the love triangle, But if she signed on for six years. Couldn't she sue JJ or someone else at ABC or Disney for that matter!!??
Melissa can't sue them for putting her in recurring status. She signed a long term contract but every season, ABC has an option to pick up her contract another year or not. Obviously they decided not to pick up her contract for next season since she's going recurring. Contracts bind the actors to the show/network not the other way around. The character of Lauren has been a failure from the beginning. Even the critics can't stand the character.

omg jess how could you? meh i dun care i like her i dun care if she stays or goes it doesnt bother me..... hmm my dad, after parent teacher interviews was going on about how my science teach looks like sarah form CSI, las vegas, and then when we got intot eh car he started going on bout how im starting to LOOK and TALK like MG, (he hates her he thinks she is really annoying wiht her "FAKE AS" accent, which i belive too lma) and we have this big screaming and laughing match in the car, and the teachers are like, OK FATHER DAUGHTER ISSUES lmao....... ok im bored BUBB BI! 👋

I think this is a bunch of bulls***. I think that everyone who signed a petition to have her fired is acting like they are in Jr. High, and electing to throw someone out of their 'group'. Lauren brings drama to Alias, and she brings back the tension between Syd and Vaughn that was lost back in episode 2.13. I think that it is low to try to have somebody fired becuase they're acting. Oh wait, i'm sorry..isn't acting playing somebody you're not? I'm sure that Melissa George is a wonderful person. Jen Garner even says so herself. She says she's relieved to have another girl on set.

Once again, grow up, and stop trying to get people fired because you don't like the person they're pretending to be. please.

I have no problem with MG. I just can't stand THE CHARACTER OF LAUREN! :angry:

It's not MG's fault that she's playing such a horribly written character..

OneFishTwoFish said:
I am not Lauren Reeds biggest fan but Melissa is in no way ugly or annyoing. What I wouldnt give to look like her. I think it's sad that people can not distinguish a tv character and a real person.
I completely agree! There is a difference between MG and Lauren. Plus, I gotta support Aussie actors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly

I don't hate Melissa. I feel sorry for her though cos a lot of people do hate her. But those people kind of need to identify the line between reality and Tv show. lol. Again, I don't hate MG cos I don't know her but I am sure she is a really nice person...but I do hate Lauren with a fiery vengeance that makes me want to scrape out my eyeballs whenever I see her!! lol

Reminds me of when everyone hated Vaughn's girlfriend - what was her name - funny that. Personally Melissa's character Laurn add's a little spice into the mix - pretty cool I think (y)

I thing it is a terrible thing to bash an actress for the role she plays on a show! :( Melissa George is a fine actress and I had liked her in "Thieves" and think she does a wonderful job playing Sydney Bristow's Nemesis! :Ph34r: (y) I like the suspense and drama she adds to Alias and I think it is better to show the sexual tension between Vaughn and Sydney for when that goes sometimes the show doesn't seem as intense! ;) (y) :smiley:

I think it is dangerous that fans identify with a show's character such as Sydney Bristow as if she is real person -- their best friend who has been hurt by Lauren Reed Vaughn/Melissa George. :( This is a fantasy show and if you cannot differentiate yourself from fantasy TV to real life -- it could effect your real world experiences. :( This is a show to enjoy and be entertained -- not to identify your whole life to such as the "JG and MV relationship" and the "Sydney and Vaughn" relationship vs. the "Lauren and Vaughn" relationship. :( Viewers should learn to detach themselves from Television and Movies and the stars from real life! :rolleyes:

I think if you tend to be intellectual and like the plots/twists and science fiction element you tend to enjoy the show regardless of the triangle and in fact can appreciate the plot twist (y) :smiley: -- but if you are into the actors and characters only... then you are more in danger of the 'I living in an ALIAS dream world!" :thinking: (n) to enjoying a good Spy-Sci Fi drama on ABC. :smiley:

A petition against the Actress/character is so wrong -- (n) all the negative hate stuff is so wrong (n) -- but I think that Melissa George would be disappointed not to be regular anymore on Alias but would be glad to be on the show anyway if she was just brought on for some fights with Sydney and Vaughn and other CIA agents from time to time on ALIAS throughout the next six years ;) :cool: if it continues that long -- which I hope it does for it is a good drama show. (y) :smiley: With all the new characters and possible new story plot line twists to come on ALIAS that was bound to happen anyway -- whether or not her character on ALIAS was accepted and liked! :smiley:

Well anyway, I think Melissa George is a fine good actress and have liked the story and tense she has brought to ALIAS! ;) (y) :cool: I hope they do some more interesting things with Lauren on the show even if it is from time to time! :smiley:

Enjoy your day and evening! :D

Lynne

Honestly, I can't see why people hate MG...it puzzles me the way an actor/actress has to take responsibility for the actions of a fictional character. Its unfortunate that MG has to feel the wrath of the fans when in actual fact it should be the writers and creative directors of the show who should be responsible for the criticism of season 3 (especially the love triangle) because they are the ones developing and writing the plot not MG. And I heard about that petition...hmmm...don't know what to say about it, I just know I'm not down with it...

Anyhoo, I like MG on the show because frankly Alias doesn't have enough female characters in it. Season 2 had Irina and Francie, but both are gone indefinitely, kinda floating in the ether waiting for the plot to come around again and let them join in, and I really miss seeing strong, independent women depicted on the show. Sydney alone isn't enough. That's my opinion anyways.

I dont hate Melissa or even Lauren at all!!!

Melissa is a beautiful woman and a wonderful actress and she seems a very sweet & down to earth girl.
I think taht Lauren is very interesting character even if she's evil and have Vaughn.

I don't hate lauren or melissa for a matter of fact. i think melissa does and excellent job at playing lauren on TV. i feel sympathy towards her because melissa most likely works hard at doing her job and she gets booed because of it. so in my opinion i think melissa is a very good actress and is the right person for playing lauren. she does a good job.

~Zee

Back