Evil, but funny.

See, I found the walls of displays going blank funny. I laughed at those antics... but when you disrupt a presentation... that can have serious business ramifications. That really crosses the line. People worked hard to put that together and that poor guy looked like he was about to have a nervous breakdown, and all for what? So people can snicker at it?

I doubt anyone would have lost their jobs over it because of HOW it happened... I mean, obviously because all those TVs all over everywhere went dark, people would figure out pretty fast it's nothing to do with the presentation or product...

There's actually been a rather large uproar over this. Gizmodo has been banned from CES, and after their snide post about how they refuse to bow to the man because they're bloggers and not corporate dogs, there's talk about banning blogs in general. Hopefully, whoever runs CES will look into the other blogs before doing anything rash, because they don't seem to approve either.

I saw this a while back and thought to myself "there has to be a lot of fall out over this". Nice to know I was right, not so nice to know that they're aiming to ban all bloggers because of the actions of some.

I saw this a while back and thought to myself "there has to be a lot of fall out over this". Nice to know I was right, not so nice to know that they're aiming to ban all bloggers because of the actions of some.

It's not a matter of "aiming to." If they had already decided that they wanted to do it, then they could to some degree. They organize the event, so they're entitled to tell people "you're not welcome here" at any point, as long as it's not the product of bigotry. That said, blogs have proven to be the best medium for certain kinds of news, and tech news most definitely falls into that category. If they ban all bloggers from the event then pretty much the only way for industry outsiders to get much info will be to attend, and even then the juicy stuff will remain out of reach because it all takes place in closed conference halls. The industry doesn't stand to benefit much from the event if it's making announcements to itself. On the other hand, they have to take into account the possibility that Gizmodo's defiance could be a rallying cry to the other bloggers, and that they may very well have a threat to eliminate. Fortunately, I personally haven't observed much of that, and I'm hoping that the continued deliberation is because the people running the show have noticed the same thing. Fingers crossed...

I don't see anything even remotely funny about it. Except the chic saying "woah the TV's going wako mako" or something. But turning TV's black/off? That's felgercarb I did back in Jr. High when they came out with those watches that also doubled as universal remote controls...

Some people just really need to be punched in the face a few times, to remind them that there REALLY can be circumstances.

...maybe smacked with a baseball bat some too.

*Circumstances? What the heck? I must have been really tired. Pretty sure I was aiming for consequences...

This might actually qualify as vandalism. At any rate the idea that the effect one has on others is of no consiquence and fodder for random amusment is disturbing. Laws and policies are altared by such acts belive it or not.

There were consequences. I thought watching it and knowing the truth behind it was funny, but I also think some really dysfunctional family situations that have happened (to me) are laughing material in hindsight.

HJ-Pinnelipe said:
I also think some really dysfunctional family situations that have happened (to me) are laughing material in hindsight.

I think everyone has those. My father tells the most horrible yet fun story about going to a dinner party where the couple hosting were having troubles, and the entire thing just devolves into a really terrible fiasco which comes to blows with candlesticks and such. It is so utterly unfathomably bad a scenario that you have to laugh so you don't cry. And when my father tells the story, he cannot stop from cracking up every other sentence.

~Dune~

Back