Exodus

(y) (y) (y) (y)
Oh WOW!!!
That was such an awesome chapter you are a truely talented writer
(are you sure you dont write for Alias??? - if not you should be )
:woot:

"Lower your gun, Mr. Vaughn."

Michael didn't comply, he simply stared at her. He couldn't trust this woman.

"Lower you gun, Mr. Vaughn."

Michael finally dropped his direct aim on Irina and grimaced.

"What do you know?"

Irina simply leered condescendingly and cleared her throat.

"Mr. Vaughn, I'm willing to cooperate with you. I want my daughter back."

"You want Sydney back."

Vaughn jeered, orbs still unfeeling and hard. Irina cleared her throat again.

"I think I know who has taken Sydney."

Vaughn remained mute, expecting her to expand upon that.

"There is a man--Sloane has never done dealing with him before, I'm quite positive--He's simply known as 'Suit and Glasses'…"

---

Will had used a gun before. So why was this any different? Well, perhaps it was the fact that he had killed the last time he had picked one up. It intimidated him slightly, but who wouldn't be unsettled? He studied it in his hands, tightening and loosening his grip on the handle. Sloane's instructions ran through his hand, just a jumble of words and hand gestures. Shaking his crown lightly, he cocked the pistol, raising it to the cardboard target shaped like a man forty feet away. His hands were shaking. Why were they shaking? Stay calm. You have to do this. There's no other way. He placed a quivering finger upon the trigger and pulled it.

The bullet went straight through the head.

((No Irina POV--It got all jumbled with the Vaughn POV. This chapter really had little point to it, it was basically a bridge for the next one. So hang tight everyone!))

-blinks- No no no! Will isn't dead! Will just shot the target through the head! I'm so sorry for not being clear enough! :blush:

The plan Irina threw at Michael was flawless. At least, when looked upon, the defects were concealed so beautifully it was impossible to detect. It was completely concocted by Irina, with several cold remarks tossed in by him. It appeared that she had been planning this--but with Derevko it was impossible to tell. But as he listened, he could see the pieces falling into place.

"Suit and Glasses is not one to travel often. He mostly settles in one area… He was last sighted in Sri Lanka, which I suspect he'll be…"

"I want time to find out if this information is valid."

"You ask for one of two things I cannot give you."

A beat.

The was an extended silence in which Vaughn unsuccessfully attempted to determine if she was lying by her body motion. Who could blame him, in his desperate state?

"Tell me more."

He answered bluntly, placing his gun in his holster and tentatively taking a seat before Irina's desk.

---

"Are we going in with backup?"

"No. Stealth is the key. Security is lax, but only because Suit and Glasses has been flying under the radar for the past few months, having other people get his hands dirty for him. But if Sydney is anywhere, I'm guessing she's there."

"A guess isn't good enough."

"A guess is all we have Mr. Vaughn!"

She snapped, rising out of her seat, propping her torso up with her hands upon her desk. She took a deep breath and inquired evenly.

"Are you in or out?"

---

Will was exhausted. Totally and utterly drained. He had trained long after the sun had set--At least, he assumed by calculating the time difference using his watch--practicing punches and kicks and shooting and using equipment… He could barely keep his eyes open.

He launched a back kick at the swaying punching bag, sending the red sack back in the opposite direction. He took a deep breath, approaching the bag and placing both hands on either side of it, stopping its motion. He stood there for a minute, clinging to the sack, attempting to catch his breath. So tired… So tired… He slumped to the floor, resting his forehead in his palms. What was he doing?

Sloane watched through a one way mirror, observing his motions, slight smirk upon his face. Turning away from the glass, he spoke into his cell phone.

"He's ready."

WOAH! sloane is so evil! he's making Will a fighting machine! ehheeheh sorry to make to connection but THAT'S almost EXACTLY like ***FEARLESS*** :blush: ehheh that was a great chapter eme!!!!!

Back