Expose Me *Author's Note*

Glad you liked the twist, catfishally, I'll add you to my list :smiley:

...and winter_snow, you'll be glad to know I'm back sooner than I thought I would be and I'm actually working on chapter 3 :smiley: So it shouldn't be too long before I can actually post ^_^

Thanks for the reviews, all! I heart each and every one of you :blush:

Because I'm in such a good mood, I thought I'd give you all a little 'Expose Me' spoiler...it's still in the revision process, so don't expect itt to turn out exactly the same, but its all in the basic idea :smiley:

Cole waited to hear Julia’s musical voice on the line.

Instead he was rudely awoken and heard a British accent – with a tone that was slightly icy.

“Julia isn’t here, Cole. This is Sark.”

The sweat beads – which had briefly stopped falling when the phone rang – started forming again, faster than before.

“Well, where the f*** is she you f****** moron?” Cole shouted, lashing out with anger to cover his rising panic.

“Our little Jules has pulled a small disappearing act. She shot Simon and I with tranqs and made off with the Cube.”

“I’m going to kill you, you little bastard. That was a day ago. Where the hell have you been?”

“Calm down, Cole. This is serious. You may kill us, but then the Covenant is going to kill you for your failure. That is, unless you can offer them something else.”

“You better not be playing games with me you little prick. This something else better be good.”

Sark laughed, “Oh it’s very good.”

Cole stopped his pacing and went very still, recognizing the tone of voice, “Rambaldi?”

Sark’s voice was arrogant as he answered, knowing that soon, McKenas Cole would owe him his life, “The Cube – or rather, a document that details how to extract the DNA from the Cube.”

- - -

Sydney looked around the safehouse that the CIA had placed her in. She had no possessions to call her own, no place of residence in the city, and absolutely no remnants of her former life.

It seemed like such a logical answer right then. She called Lennox, waking him up, and asked him to bring Weiss and Dixon if possible. Her friends needed to hear what she planned.

Author’s Note: This chapter is very Sark-centric and will bring the Covenant storyline up to Sydney’s…and go from there with hopefully less confusion :smiley:

Previously on Alias…

"Hold on a minute. My father? I thought you said he was in jail.”

Kendall paused, "That’s right, I did. Officially, Jack Bristow is imprisoned as a traitor to the United States – for contacting Irina Derevko.”

Sydney understood what he was implying, "And unofficially?”

Kendall leaned back in his chair, "Unofficially, he was your CIA contact for the past two years.”

- - -

[3]

Five hours later – basement of the JTF, training facility

Slam

The punching bag moved swung away from her after the powerful kick.

Smack

It came back, but she sent it on its way again, this time with a couple strong punches.

The process was repeated for over a half-hour. But Sydney still could not get Kendall’s words out of her head.

They attempted to brainwash you…

You contacted us after six months of torture and brainwashing treatment that failed to work…

Jack Bristow was assigned as your CIA contact for the past two years…

You were only pretending to be Julia Thorne…

You killed those people in order to maintain your cover…

The Covenant wanted you for something regarding a Cube and it had to do with Rambaldi…

You never told us what exactly they wanted it for…

You disappeared the day before you were supposed to meet with Jack and transfer the Cube to our custody…

Jack is searching for you and waiting for us to contact him…

And now she couldn’t remember a thing from the past two years that all of this supposedly happened.

She stopped only because she could feel her knuckles begin to bleed from the breaking of raw skin that had been worked too hard. She rubbed her hands together as she gathered her things, and then fixed her hair into a fresh braid.

It was nearing midnight and she was exhausted from her trip to France – then having to face Kendall.

But the biggest blow was that which she tried to pound away, but failed miserably at.

She needed the answers in her head about Julia Thorne. They were hidden and she needed a way to unlock them.

- - -

Four days ago – Namibia

Simon paced the hotel room, praying that their plan would work. He ran a hand over his jaw where slight dark stubble was forming. They were going to fly to Warsaw and meet a contact of Sark’s. He had information on an important Rambaldi document that may placate Cole enough to give them time to search for Julia.

Sark was on the phone with his man in London – the go-between for him and the Warsaw contact. Occasionally the conversation was punctuated with loud curses, but by the end of it, they were set. The information cost them, but if it saved their necks, it was worth it.

He looked up at Simon, “It’s all set. We leave in an hour for Warsaw.”

Simon stopped pacing, “When do we call Cole?”

Sark thought about it for a moment, “We will make him wait until we get to Poland.”

Simon disagreed, “Cole is a crazy bastard sometimes. We shouldn’t make him wait.”

“I can handle Cole,” Sark said coolly, “And it actually might do him some good to worry. That way he’ll be a little more appreciative when we come through with at least something. Plus, if we go to him with something solid, he’ll have to accept our deal. The Covenant is too obsessed with Rambaldi not to.”

Simon nodded, but his eyes glinted as he got in the final word, “If Cole doesn’t kill us and this doesn’t work, I’ll shoot you through your black heart myself.”

Sark just held his gaze and lifted one eyebrow. Then he left the room picking up his bag of equipment – and walked to the plane he had waiting.

- - -

Present Day – Los Angeles

Vaughn saw his friend Weiss waiting on his doorstep. He tried to clear the alcohol frost from his vision, but was unsuccessful.

Instead, he bucked himself up as best as possible and prepared for the speech he knew was coming. And the worst part about it was – he knew his friend was right and the excessive drinking had to stop.

In fact, he knew in his mind that all the drinking had to stop.

But knowing the fact was a far cry from acting on it, in this case.

“Hey buddy,” the greeting came from Weiss as he watched his friend walk to the front step, stumbling only once. From the way he walked, he didn’t appear drunk. Nobody would have known except for the aroma that followed him – stuck on his clothes and in his system.

“Hey there Eric, come to see me on your nightly crusade to rid me of my demons?” Vaughn asked, feeling slightly bitter this evening – because he knew he had screwed up beyond fixing.

Weiss said nothing to the question, as he was used to it by now. He followed his friend into the messy apartment and went straight to the kitchen to cook Vaughn dinner. And have the same argument they had every night.

Weiss was going to have to save the news about Sydney for another day. Vaughn was too drunk to process it at the moment. He thought maybe he’d go by the school tomorrow in the morning, before the drinking began. Better yet, he decided the he would spend the night and they would begin early in the morning.

He discreetly called Kendall for the day off while Vaughn was in his bedroom changing out of the whiskey soaked suit. His next phone call was to the school, so they could arrange for a substitute for Vaughn’s French class the next day.

- - -

Three days ago – Warsaw, Poland

Alexei Groski waited in the dark alley smoking his usual Cuban cigar. He blew smoke rings in the air and filled the alley with a spicy gray haze. His blonde hair was graying at the temples, though it was hardly noticeable. The long black overcoat helped him blend into the darkness of the night.

He looked as a contact should.

Simon and Sark pulled up in a black Mercedes. Sark went to the trunk and pulled out a briefcase filled with the money necessary to make the transaction. Then the two men, both dressed completely in black, walked to the alley.

Simon almost wanted to laugh at the appearance of the contact – not to mention Sark and himself. However, the depthless black eyes he faced from Groski met him with an intense gaze and Simon remained quiet throughout the meeting.

Sark looked at the man and spoke softly, in a perfect accent, “Obieżyświat.”*

The man nodded and responded in English, “Hello my friend. I hear you are in need of some information regarding Milo Rambaldi.”

“Yes,” Sark responded lifting the nondescript black briefcase, “I have the necessary funds.”

Groski’s thick accent filled the alley as he responded, pleased, “I have the information you need. We shall make a clean switch.”

Sark nodded, and placed the money on the ground – sliding it over to Groski. In turn, Groski handed Sark an envelope.

He then picked up the money, “I trust it is all there.”

Sark nodded, “We have done business before and you will find everything in order.”

Groski gave one last nod and left without another word.

After he left, Sark and Simon made their way back to the car to read over the papers. Once Sark read the information that confirmed what he suspected, he handed the envelope over to Simon.

The other man’s eyes widened at the information and he looked over at Sark, “You son of a b****, this is f***ing brilliant. It looks like we’ve got a call to make, mate.”

Sark pulled out his phone and dialed the number he had found in the things Julia had left behind.

- - -

At the same time in Rome

Cole answered the phone annoyed, and waited to hear Julia’s musical voice on the other side of the line.

Instead he was rudely awoken when he heard a familiar and hated British accent – complete with a tone that was quite icy. “Julia isn’t here, Cole. This is Sark.”

The sweat beads – which had briefly stopped falling when the phone rang – started forming again, faster than before.

“Where the f*** is she, you f***ing moron?” Cole shouted, lashing out with anger to cover his rising panic, and resuming his pacing around the room.

Sark’s tone was dry as he answered, “Our little Jules has pulled a small disappearing act. She shot Simon and I with tranqs and made off with the Cube.”

Cole was not in the mood for dealing with Sark. Sark was just like Julia – unpredictable. “I’m going to kill you, you little bastard. That was a day ago. Where the hell have you been?”

“Calm down, Cole. This is serious. You may attempt to kill us, of course, but then the Covenant is going to kill you for your failure – which they might do anyway. That is, unless you can offer them something of equal importance as the Cube.”

Cole was not quick to trust Sark, but he would hear him out. “You better not be playing games with me you little prick. This something else better be good.”

Sark laughed, “Oh it’s very good.”

Cole stopped his pacing and went very still, recognizing the tone of voice, “Rambaldi?”

Sark’s voice was arrogant as he answered, knowing that soon, McKenas Cole would owe him his life, “The Cube – or rather, a document that details how to extract the DNA from the Cube.”

Cole was not convinced right away, “We were under the impression that it was pretty self-explanatory.”

“Apparently you were mistaken. I have the intel here, from a credible source that says otherwise. You need me to be able to open this Cube, and you need me to find this Cube. Basically, you need me alive.”

Cole wanted to dance for joy. If they did not have the Cube, at least whoever did, wherever Julia took it, it could not be opened. There was still hope. But he was also still pissed.

“Now that I’m not going to kill you, do you want to tell me what the f*** happened with Julia?”

Sark paused.

“Well, I’m waiting…”

“We’ll go over that in more detail when we meet tomorrow. Simon and I will be in Rome by 8 am. I expect you to be ready to deal with us then.”

“How about this, since I’m the one that gives the orders. If you’re not here in however long it takes to fly from wherever you are to Rome, I kill you.”

“We’re in Warsaw. I’ll compromise; we will be in Rome in 7 hours. We still have things to do here.”

“Seven hours, Sark, no less. Don’t forget who you work for.”

Cole hung up the phone and started muttering about impossible operatives. But he was also beginning to plan. He needed to call his boss and apprise the Covenants leaders of the situation.

They would be displeased, but Cole might just be able to temper it with his newly acquired knowledge. Then when he got Julia and the Cube back, all would be going as planned.

- - -

Simon chuckled as Sark hung up the phone, having been tapped into the conversation. He kept grinning as he asked, “So what else do we need to do here?”

Sark sent a half-smile in Simon’s direction, “Absolutely nothing. I just like to make the crazy bastard squirm.”

- - -

Seven hours later – Rome

Cole was waiting for Simon and Sark – along with the second in command of the Covenant.

The man that was standing to his left was calm and impassive. He was also skeptical that any real information was going to come from this meeting.

He did not trust McKenas Cole, he thought Cole was crazy and should never be anywhere in proximity to a gun – or another human being for that matter. But it was because Cole was so crazy, that he was sometimes completely brilliant. So he stepped in to deduce the facts of the situation.

He was Christophe Benita for this round. There was only one person in the world who knew his real name at this point; it had changed so many times along with his appearance. That person was his boss, the infamous head of the Covenant.

For this term of office, he was handsome and tanned with dark hair and equally dark eyes. For the sake of looking more distinguished there was perfectly placed gray at his temples, adding an air of appropriate age and dignity. His real age was also unknown to all except one.

But no matter what he looked like, he was always dangerous.

Before Sark or Simon could say anything, he spoke authoritatively. “Whatever it is the two of you have been up to better be good. Or else you will have failed to save your necks – even after all of your obvious hard work.”

Sark was not intimidated by him, either foolishly or not, and responded by handing over the folder with the information in it. “It is very good. In fact, it is essential to you continued efforts with the Cube.”

Cole was itching to speak, but Benita put out his hand and asked, “How reliable is this source of yours?”

Sark was still not intimidated as he answered, “This source of mine is an expert of all things Rambaldi. He studied with the monk Conrad – the same monk that sent Arvin Sloane on the journey. Be assured that this document not only exits, but it is necessary.”

Benita inclined his head. “We will plan, and you will travel to London in two days time to retrieve the document.”

- - -

Two days later – London, England

Simon pulled the car around to the front of the house and Sark got in quickly.

“Did you get the document?” He asked, his insides churning with adrenaline.

Sark nodded, “I got it.”
- - -

Present Day – Los Angeles

Sydney looked around the safehouse that the CIA had placed her in. She had no possessions to call her own, no place of residence in the city, and absolutely no remnants of her former life.

It seemed like such a logical answer right then. She called Lennox, waking him up, and asked him to bring Weiss and Dixon if possible. Her friends needed to hear what she planned.

- - -

* meaning “globe-trotter” in Polish, Sark’s code-name, set up by the contact…

wonderous!

He was Christophe Benita for this round. There was only one person in the world who knew his real name at this point; it had changed so many times along with his appearance. That person was his boss, the infamous head of the Covenant.

ooooh. mysterious. i like.

ames it was great. thanks for the pm

Yee! :lol: (never heard of that one before have ya?) Another chapter of 'Expose Me' sooner than expected! :woot: (n) Sorry, cant be bothered to quote right now, maybe later?, so im just gonna touch on a few areas. Hmm...I wonder what Syd has up her sleeve? Sark is one naughty ickle boy, playing with fire... LOL! I can sorta imagine Mckenas Cole freaking out! - dunno why i found that funny but i just did. :blush: ;) And...is this eventually gonna be Sarkney? :thinking:

Ammmmmmyyyyy...! I'm so glad there's been an update. I've been pining for some 'Expose Me'. Heh. ;) And I just noticed that you posted an unsure, shifty-eyed smilie outside on the topic title. Amy! Why? You've got nothing to be unsure about, darling, this is wonderful fanfic... ;)

You killed those people in order to maintain your cover…
I think this must hurt her most of all. Season 1 Sydney and even Season 2 Syd would never kill people randomly like Julia Thorne did. I was so mad when the show deliberately downplayed this when they had a PERFECT chance to exhibit Sydney's darker side and settled for whining, crying Syd. Ugh. But I'm very glad you're showing Syd's darker tendancies; it makes for more dramatic and excellent ficage.

Simon paced the hotel room, praying that their plan would work. He ran a hand over his jaw where slight dark stubble was forming. They were going to fly to Warsaw and meet a contact of Sark’s. He had information on an important Rambaldi document that may placate Cole enough to give them time to search for Julia.

Ohhh...Stubble Simon. Nice. 🤤 And there are in quite the predicament... Cole is so going to kill them, isn't he? Or try at least. Gotta love that insane b******, eh?

Simon nodded, but his eyes glinted as he got in the final word, “If Cole doesn’t kill us and this doesn’t work, I’ll shoot you through your black heart myself.”

Sark just held his gaze and lifted one eyebrow. Then he left the room picking up his bag of equipment – and walked to the plane he had waiting.

You write these two fabulously off each other. They're so great as natural enemies forced into an uneasy alliance. They don't trust each other but they have to work together... Just oh-so freakin' sexy... And I wonder who's going to betray who first??? :Ponder:

“Hey there Eric, come to see me on your nightly crusade to rid me of my demons?” Vaughn asked, feeling slightly bitter this evening – because he knew he had screwed up beyond fixing.

Vaughn should be on his hands and knees thanking The Powers That Be that someone still gives a flying...um, care about his sorry ass. Seriously, Eric deserves an award for trying so hard with Vaughn--I know he has a problem, but he's too busy wallowing in his own self-pity to actually do something constructive with his life. Oh, Vaughn. When will you ever learn? :rolleyes:

He looked as a contact should.

Heh. :lol: Nice. This made me think of all the old spy movies I used to watch--you know, Dr. No, From Russia, With Love, No One Lives Forever. When you could literally pick their contact out of a crowd of thousands even though no one else in the movie seemed to have a clue. Fantastic reference.

They would be displeased, but Cole might just be able to temper it with his newly acquired knowledge. Then when he got Julia and the Cube back, all would be going as planned.

This sounds distinctly ominous. I love the way you write Cole by the way. He's so crazy and delusional and freaky--you capture it perfectly.

Simon chucked as Sark hung up the phone, having been tapped into the conversation. He kept grinning as he asked, “So what else do we need to do here?”

Sark sent a half-smile in Simon’s direction, “Absolutely nothing. I just like to make the crazy bastard squirm.”

:lol: HA! Why do I love Sark? Oh, yeah, that's why. I LOVE it.

But no matter what he looked like, he was always dangerous.

Very interesting OC. The way you describe him makes him at once non-descript and at the same time very vividly real. I love this line, though. It's just so simple and beautiful and great. :smiley:

Simon pulled the car around to the front of the house and Sark got in quickly.

“Did you get the document?” He asked, his insides churning with adrenaline.

Sark nodded, “I got it.”

I love these two working together. It's so great the way you've set it up. They're so sexy together. 🤤 And have fabulous interaction.

And what does darling Syd have planned? ANOTHER cliffy ending? Ammmy! :P

Just kidding. Great update. Lovin' the Sark/Simon/Cole centricness of it all. Just...fabulous.

Much thanks for the PM. Update soooon... :flowers:

Due to a variety of circumstances, some beyond my control, I’m sorry to say that I am leaving all of my current fanfiction unfinished.

This idea has been tossed around in my mind for a few months now, ever since I started graduate school and have found no free time for creative writing. Not to mention, when I have felt inclined to write, it has been all for original pieces. But my final decision was partially made for me due to the events of the past 48 hours.

The hard drive of my computer crashed and basically nothing can be recovered. Since my fanfiction was one thing that I have not backed up; all unfinished stories are lost completely. I have lost my PM lists, my plot outlines, and all of my previous chapters.

I may or may not write different stories if I ever get the chance (maybe when I’m not so busy, but who knows when that will be?). So, I just wanted to thank you all for your reviews and kind words since they have meant so much to me, and encouraged my writing…and I’m probably not disappearing forever, but these stories are, since they are all gone.

Again, thanks…and much love,

Amy

amy lynn said:
Due to a variety of circumstances, some beyond my control, I’m sorry to say that I am leaving all of my current fanfiction unfinished.

This idea has been tossed around in my mind for a few months now, ever since I started graduate school and have found no free time for creative writing.  Not to mention, when I have felt inclined to write, it has been all for original pieces.  But my final decision was partially made for me due to the events of the past 48 hours.

The hard drive of my computer crashed and basically nothing can be recovered.  Since my fanfiction was one thing that I have not backed up; all unfinished stories are lost completely.  I have lost my PM lists, my plot outlines, and all of my previous chapters. 

I may or may not write different stories if I ever get the chance (maybe when I’m not so busy, but who knows when that will be?).  So, I just wanted to thank you all for your reviews and kind words since they have meant so much to me, and encouraged my writing…and I’m probably not disappearing forever, but these stories are, since they are all gone.

Again, thanks…and much love,

Amy
[post="1034720"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

You have got to be kidding me! :( No more Expose me...forever? Oh man... that bites. (n)

If you ever decide to make another story, PM me please? I dont really care if its like a year or something later. :smiley:

On a serious note, Youre probably frustrated right now right and dont need to out up with whinging from a reader. :blush2:

Back