'Ey Up', as they say In Derbyshire

Warlock

Cadet
They call me Warlock, I'm a 45 year old Father of eight, and a refugee from London who escaped to the country and now lives In Derbyshire ;)

Love Sci-fi/fantasy since i've been old enough to understand that monsters were unlikely to hide under the bed, and I could Escape the Daleks if I went up stairs (back in my day they didnt hover :confused: )

I'm a big fan of Stargate and Star trek, ((all except Universe and Enterprise which I whole heartedly detested)) love Star Wars, and over recent years have got quite into shows like continuum, Eureka etc.

I have to admit I tend to be a bit fussy about what I watch, and I struggle to get into the show reboots, such as Galactica, and V as I enjoyed the originals too much, although the new V was growing on me, before I heard they'd canned it :mad:

Reading, all sorts of things, from David Eddings, to Jim Butcher to Timothy Zahn to Chris Ryan (yes really), it depends on what mood im in, and if I can get enough peace and quiet ;)

So Hello from me ;)

Warlock, greetings and welcome!

I haven't come across "Ey Up" before but I'll add it to my mental list of US<=>UK translations. :D That is quite a wide spectrum of sci-fi likes; you'll fit in fine around here. :cheers:

I'm 42 and grew up on 'classic' Who in the 70's so, yeah, flying Daleks was something that I needed to get used to also. It is a bit like R2-D2 being able to fly in the prequel movies.

I'm 42 and grew up on 'classic' Who in the 70's so, yeah, flying Daleks was something that I needed to get used to also. It is a bit like R2-D2 being able to fly in the prequel movies.

I find that if you shut your eyes, stick your fingers in your ears, and chant the phrase "La la la la la la la"...then it never happened, and we can continue as normal knowing that Daleks OR R2 cannot fly, hover or do anything but roll along the ground ;)

Since you're in the area, have you heard of the Rainbowcircle camps near Derby? Spent a fair few laid back summers there on the farms.

Back