Facebook bring in automated vetting of comments

Tim

Creative Writer
Now, never trust the Daily Mail to produce anything but scare stories, and with twisted information at that, but this one is interesting if you look beyond at the pure data:

Comments DENIED: Now Facebook stops users making 'irrelevant' posts

Potentially, this means they could be about to wipe out trolls and trolling groups.

It does mean that they have to, like Twitter, make absolute promises they will not censor material that is considered free speech for political or ideological reasons. Anything breaking the law, well upon receipt of a warrant they legally have to hand over data. But outside of that, they have to be careful or the recent attempt at flotation will dissolve like a dotcom bubble from the early 90's.

... Potentially, this means they could be about to wipe out trolls and trolling groups. ...
I'm not an active FB user, but one of the things I never quite good was why do people get so upset when somebody trolls their wall comments when they left the option turned on to have anybody in the public reply to their postings instead of just their designated friends?

Well, a little bit of banter is amusing, but grief tourism and hate speech can be avoided I guess.

It's a shame that some forms of 'censorship' sit so easily, when we can see the real harm it causes, but hopefully, as we see in the storyline for V for Vendetta, the public doesn't allow vast censorship in fear, letting someone else take care of business. The fear game is a popular one nowadays.

Back