Fahrenheit 911

SecretAgentMan said:
what the hell is wrong with me......i still havent' seen this!
That's what I was thinking today! I said I was going to see this two weeks ago but now after checkin movie times - I might not be seeing it tomorrow. Damn it. :angry:

hotpot said:
SecretAgentMan said:
what the hell is wrong with me......i still havent' seen this!
That's what I was thinking today! I said I was going to see this two weeks ago but now after checkin movie times - I might not be seeing it tomorrow. Damn it. :angry:
i think we need to smack each other for not seeing it

we need to to better for our country and bush isn't doing it for us..hes only making enemies for us

How are we making enemies? Because of us the people of Iraq are free. We already had enemies called terrorists. Remember 9/11?

Didn't we (excuse me wholly supporters of the war) turn against the French because they didn't want to help us with the war? There was also this amusing fiasco where they tried to rename the "french fry" to "freedom fry" and France was our ally to start with until all this.

iheartalias said:
G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
There was also this amusing fiasco where they tried to rename the "french fry" to "freedom fry" and France was our ally to start with until all this.
man that was ridiculous. :rolleyes:
Don't you think french people thought that too ? :lol: :P

PunkRockGirl said:
How are we making enemies? Because of us the people of Iraq are free. We already had enemies called terrorists. Remember 9/11?
[post="925574"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
us being there isn't helping..these people need schools to educate them..they know what is taught to them and us throwing bombs at them is not going to make them our allies soon...we need to help them then kill them...jobs, school, new police and militery training for them...terrorists is a world issue not just us...the world has been suffering at the hands terrorism for years beofore us and we have been bought to it on 9/11....yes i do remember 9/11 very well...my best friend lost her husband in the towers and she was only 2 blocks away ..so don't tell me if i remember 9/11 because i do

Here's another example of Moore's deception in this "documentary"

BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (AP) - Filmmaker Michael Moore's Bush-bashing documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11" has apparently upset more than Republicans. The Pantagraph newspaper in Bloomington said Friday it sent a letter to Moore and the film's distributor, Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. (LGF), asking for an apology for using what it said was a doctored front page in his movie.

The paper is seeking $1 in damages.

A scene early in the movie shows newspaper headlines related to the contested 2000 presidential election. It includes a shot of The Pantagraph's Dec. 19, 2001, front page, with the prominent headline, "Latest Florida recount shows Gore won election."

The newspaper says that headline never appeared on that day.

The paper said the headline appeared in a Dec. 5, 2001, edition but was not used on the front page. Instead, it was found in much smaller type above a letter to the editor, which the paper says reflects "only the opinions of the letter writer."

"If (Moore) wants to 'edit' The Pantagraph, he should apply for a copy-editing job," the paper said.

Neither Lions Gate nor Moore were immediately available for comment Sunday.

SecretAgentMan said:
i think we need to smack each other for not seeing it
[post="925079"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Ah! I finally saw it two weeks ago (I think) with my mom. I told her before we went in not to form any new opinions of George Bush just because of the movie and I think that helped.

Something about it really resonated with me ... do I believe everything in it? No, not at all. Two things that I don't understand though.

First, two groups of people left during the movie. Two little grandma's in the middle of it and a older man and woman almost right before it ended. I don't understand how they could be offended by it ... well, I guess I can't say that completely. But. Unless you have been living in a cave for a few months, you know this Bush bashes, you know it's controversial. What good does walking out of the theater really do? Michael Moore already gets his money. Stay for the conclusion, see how it wrapped up. I just didn't get that.

Second. I don't understand all the flack that the mother of the troop killed in Iraq is getting. People are saying her son would be ashamed of her for being in the film, that he wouldn't want her speaking out like that ... but when she read his last letter home, he said that he wished people knew the truth (not inferring that this movie is the truth by any means) and that George Bush should not be reelected. I just don't get that. She was reading his own words, his testimonial, how would he be ashamed of her for that?

I finally saw it.
I reallly like it, it is obvius that it is not
100% true, but it gives you a lot to think about.
I also found some parts very funny.
But the thing americans should be proud about
is the fact that someone can make a movie with
that content , that is freedom of expression, something
that is lacking in other countries.

Yeah, I like Michael Moore a lot. Not many people make their opinion as clear like he did and he really showed what happened. I didn't know half of it at all!

Aaah MM is going to my friends college!!! She's so lucky :lol:

Anyone here about him handing out underwear and ramen noodles to kids who registered to vote? :rotflmao:

Damn Bush. Damn him for what he's done to Americans and Iraqis. I bought this and watched it. I'm going to watch it again and again until I memorize every single damn line. :angry:

Did you see the end where the lady who's son died was at the white house and some other lady came up to her saying,"Your son didn't really die. This is all staged." Even after she told that b**** where he son died and started crying, the lady still insisted she was lying. That was horrible. It made me so mad. I do agree that not all of it is true, but there's just some things you can't deny.

Back