Fallen Earth

Oh goodness when this comes out It'll be hard to pry me away from it.

Post-apocalypse setting in the real world.

SKILL BASED! PRAISE JEEBUS!

FPS aiming style.

95% items are crafted. Can craft ten levels higher than your level and can use items ten levels higher than your level if maxed out in skill.

Character customization is huge with piercings, tattoos, tons of hair styles, facial hair, aging, roll up pant bottoms, unbutton shirts, roll up sleeves, etc.

21 equippable slots!

Oh goodness so much to want in a game has been put in here!

http://www.fallenearth.com

While you're at it check out the http://www.mogarmy.com GDC vids for it. Amazing.

I didn't really see anything about what they were totally going for in the game but from the list in the first post it seems pretty sweet but to be honest, I would prefer not to have a FPS aiming style. Everything else seems pretty sweet though and I am glad to see different games being made these days although The Secret World has the most anticipation from me at the moment.

Personally I like the FPS aiming style. More challenging and more fun than select and click click click click click click... but then again I still play those kind of MMOs so I'm ok with it.

The secrect world has me mucho interested. I really would hate to pay for three MMOs... but I would if they were all awesome!

I am not so worried about what the game looks like compared to what I can do in it and what fun I have.

If it looks a bit older then maybe older machines can handle it which leaves a bigger gaming market open.

Looks like a game from 1999? Graphics shouldn't be the main focus for buying/playing a game. Anyways, I suggest you watch the Mogarmy.net GDC coverage. Graphics are not as bad as you think.

I think you all combined those two sentences.. It doesn't look all that promising because of what they are premoting before. We've all heard it before. "No classes, seamless world, and character customising!" Pretty much every aspect of the game has been done and done 20 thousand other times, and from the videos, combat doesnt seem all that interesting either.

TBH, it looks like Mad Max gone wrong... er.

And yes. I -do- care about graphics. To me, they are 35% of the reason I play a game. Don't get me wrong, I'll gladly play a HL mod that sports 20 poly player models, but give me a high-res alternative, and I'll play it everytime. I understand gameplay is always the dominate factor in choosing a game, but with today's standards, Fallen Earth is severely lacking.

This could be an interesting game. Theres so many things you could throw into a post apocalyptic world that don't involve magic, that I wonder if they will be brave enough not to put magic into the game.

Aelwulfe

This could be an interesting game. Theres so many things you could throw into a post apocalyptic world that don't involve magic, that I wonder if they will be brave enough not to put magic into the game.

Aelwulfe

No magic, although there are mutations. Is it close to magic? So far the Devs are saying no, its mostly support abilities, nothing like uber damage spells or stuff of the sort. One cool thing I saw as far as a mutation/technology 'spell' was a character creating a three sided barrier to hide behind out of the ground below him.

Oh! There is also a gun that digs holes in the ground... up to sizes big enough to cause falling damage. kinda trivial, although you could use it as cover.

Oh I'm fine with mutations and even so psionic type powers for a post apoc game. Technology effects are great too, so long as they make sense for the tech level of the game.

I wouldn't want to see a character get a new mutation or power at each level though, like a wizard would get a new spell at each level.

I like the bit of background a read, especially area they choose to place the game in , the Grand Canyon.

I am kinda looking forward to that game to be honest. Not sure who said that skills based has been done to death but i think not.

No levels whatsoever! You could see someone and have no idea what level they were or how strong they would be. Same with the class it isnt gona be as easy to figure what folks are.

I am tired of looking at someone and knowing right away what level/class the other player is.

Just like HJ, this game has choice and to me choice is good. Graphic wise i agree, they arent up to par like an EQ2 or some other games out there like Tabula Rasa. However if gameplay is there then graphics arent gona matter that much. Look at some older games with outdated graphics they still gather a fairly big following.

Anyway, it's a breath of fresh air in a MMO market saturated with the same stuff again and again.

I'm digging the idea of this game and will definately keep it on my radar.

Reading over the different factions and whatnot on their main page, I pretty much pegged the kinda character I would want to be. I would absolutely have to go for a Tech, but an Applier not a Theorist. Minimum-chibble so as not to offend the Vistas, but definately want to be a Tech. What good are a thousand angry CHOTA hellraisers with lead pipes and chains against a techno-fortress armed with automated turrets, landmines, flamethrowers, and snipers?

~Dune Walker~

What good are a thousand angry CHOTA hellraisers with lead pipes and chains against a techno-fortress armed with automated turrets, landmines, flamethrowers, and snipers?

Uhhh you did read that weapons will be available but ammo, not as much and will be expensive. The bigger the calibers, the more money it's gona cost. It might be a fortress, but it wont have this many gizmos. At least at the start it shouldnt.

Well of course not at the start, but being a scientist in an industrial factory I'd certainly have a much easier time producing weaponry, and certainly would, in time, be able to ultimately make the best weapons possible, no?

~Dune Walker~

Back