Fallen

A/N: Five short drabbles/vignettes that were formed from canon; indeed: the scenarios that weren't. I believe you'll be able to pick out the episodes I took them out of, but if you can't then the episodes are put in spoilers at the end of it all. Use it as a quiz checker, even though it's all easy! :P

Thank you, as usual, to my two betas Elle and Ace!

FALLEN
The five scenarios that weren't…
By Jalyn/secretlives
Copyright 2005

I.

“I'll just, uh… Let Mr. Weiss know if you need anything else.”

“New pen. This one's dying.”

Weiss fished a pen from his breast pocket and handed it to the person scribbling furiously on the pad of paper.

She looked on with interest. Red bozo hair, a swollen jaw… Is he a crazy person?

Hours later, this same person was seated in her office, his eyes fixated on a photo. Ah. Darn. I knew I shouldn’t have put that Danny-and-I photo in the office. She walked around him, turning the frame away from his sight and sat down.

They talked about the situation at the CIA and, somehow, she felt … connected. Her last words to him seemed the most natural in the world.

“I have an instinct.”

II.

A part of her died with each jarring recoil from the gun she fired. She watched as the doppelganger stumbled and fell. I’m sorry, so sorry… Pressing the trigger for the last time, she let her arm drop and slumped against the wall. Will and, oh God, Vaughn – Santa Barbara, Dad and Mum – The Prophecy… Helix...

Slumber beckoned and she slipped off into dark oblivion.

When she stirred awake, a groan escaped her lips as she tried to shift her body. An unfamiliar voice rang out. “Don’t move, you’ve suffered a severe head trauma.” Peeling her eyes open, she first saw the bright lights of a confined room – an ambulance, she realised – and then Vaughn’s concerned face peering over hers, his green eyes shining with a voracity born of desperation, fear and something she couldn’t quite place, or was afraid to.

“Where are we going?” she managed to croak out… Then panic seized her heart. “Will! Where-”

“He lost a lot of blood, but we got to him in time. He’s on his way to Cedars,” he informed her. He gave a firm squeeze to her hand, brought it towards his mouth and kissed it gently.

“You’re going to be okay.”

III.

“We’ll find each other. We always find each other.”

With these words they parted, their eyes never leaving each other’s gazes. Green met brown, a desperate tinge illuminating both. As they were roughly pushed against the wall, he wanted, so badly, to hold her in his arms and assure her of a better future.

He couldn’t.

They clamped their eyes shut, only to open them with a shock of excruciating pain, as twenty-odd bullets shot through their bodies. Green met brown for the last time, and then they were closed forever.

A love that was lost, but found again.

IV.

“Are you sure about this?”

She wanted to shake her head; wanted to lie to the only person who mattered, but what tumbled out of her mouth spoke otherwise.

“Yes. I want to hide away.”

“Your father…”

“Don’t talk to me about my father,” she started, a newfound cold edge creeping into her voice.

“Sydney, you have got to face it someday…”

“Face what? That he not only programmed me, but planned my life for me before I was even born? That nothing in my life is concrete because of all that he’s done? That all my years, especially the last two, lost, because of him?”

He was silent.

“I want to hide,” her voice cracked as she held back the tears. “I want to get away from my father and everything in this gorram life for good.”

She didn’t have to say it, but his heart broke when he realised the implications. She’s prepared to leave me, too. He stayed silent, for he knew he could do nothing to sway her decision. Almost apologetic, she bit her lower lip.

“I’m sorry, Vaughn…”

It was simple, really. He found himself saying the only thing he could.

“I’ll go with you. We’ll hide together.” Then, “I won’t let you leave me twice.”

V.

“So, we’re here.”

“Finally.”

They shared a similar smile as he took her hand into his. The horizon was a beautiful mesh of colours – pink, orange, purple, blue… The couple stood there, just enjoying the zephyr breeze of the ocean.

Turning around, she fitted her head in the crook of his neck, both swaying to the beat of their hearts. The musky scent of his aftershave made her smile even wider as she took a step back and looked him in the eye.

“I told you to ask me on the beach.”

His eyes lit up, and he fumbled for the velvet box in his pocket. Laughing softly, she grabbed his hands before he could fish it out, his face etched with mild confusion.

“What we have goes beyond the material representation of a union, Vaughn.”

At this his green eyes seemed to brighten. He gave her a quick kiss on her lips, his hand cupping her delicate face.

“Sydney, I love you more than words can say,” he started again and she smiled – smirked, actually – at him. “I want to spend the rest of my life waking up next to you. I want to have many beautiful children –”

“How many?” she interjected.

“Enough for a hockey team?” That warranted an equally playful smack on his shoulder. “Two. A boy and a girl.”

“Fine. Just as long we don’t call the boy Eric.”

“What? Why? Eric sounds like he would be the finest specimen ever to grace the land.” That cheeky dimple worked its way to his face; the cleft on his chin more defined now as he grinned like a Cheshire Cat.

“Yeah, right.”

“So, I want two kids, a house in the middle of nowhere, just you and me…”

“I love you.” She blurted, unexpectedly.

“I love you too, Mrs. Vaughn.”

“Who says I’m dropping my last name?”

He gave her another lingering kiss on the lips, and as he pulled away, she snuggled closer. They stayed in that position for the longest time as they watched the sunset together; the first of many, for the future held much promise and, as long as they had each other, hope sprang eternal in their lives.

---

A/N: I hope you enjoyed reading!

I. Truth Be Told
II. The Telling
III. Crossings
IV. Resurrection
V. Before the Flood

:thud:

Ooooooh my god.

*stares with mouth open*

I just saw this at your LJ just half an hour ago! And holey moley was it good. Jalynnie... You are officially one of the bestest writers ever. And one of my favourites too of course! :woot:

*jumps up and down*

Amazingly, I loved how short they were... Just the right length for whatever it was that you were doing, and DUDE! The scenarios you chose were perfect... *stares lovingly at Jalyn* :love: Am I scaring you? :lol:

Anyway... You deserve a gold star for writing like that. *sticks a gold star on your nose* Well done. :D Seriously though, that was amazing...

Cai
x

Oh, that was so awesomely fluffy!!! And so beautifully written! That was absolutely fantastic. If only those scenarios had occured in Alias....*sigh* Especially those last two...

Thank you SO much for writing this -- I look foward to anything more that you might write.

Hellooooo there!!

I can't get over how many times you can read them and still stare at the screen in awe forever! I'm glad you posted here.

My favorite was #3, which is kind of morbid... but I'd rather Sydney AND Vaughn to get shot to death rather than just Vaughn. lmao

Pwease PM me for any other fics :D

Laur

Back