Falling from Grace *Author's Note*

amy lynn

The Polish Pirate
Title: Falling from Grace
Author: Amy
Disclaimer: My name’s not JJ
Rating: R - a little bit of smut, more to come in the next chapters...
Summary: Sydney is SD-6 and a double for the CIA, Sark works for The Man – but nothing in any season has happened, though some might. But it is basically an AU – it’s just two enemies who meet on a mission and a mutual attraction is formed.
Length: WIP – a series of song-fics. I haven’t determined how many there will be, it all depends on how many songs I can find that fit and how many ideas come to me.
Author’s Note: For the readers of my other fics – I promise I’m still working on them…these songfics just pop into my head and I have to get them written. ^_^

Enjoy!

[1]

Take me down, 6 underground,
The ground beneath your feet,
Laid out low, nothing to go
Nowhere a way to meet
I've got a head full of drought,
Down here, so far off losing out
Round her

The pounding bass from the music infiltrated her whole being. She could feel vibrations running through her body. Her heartbeat sped up so it went in time with the music. A heavy cloud of smoke made the air hazy and the smell permeated through everything.

She peered through the crowds of writhing bodies in search of her prey. As she walked through the throngs of people not dancing, she adjusted her leather skirt and bustier, and then tucked an errant strand of red hair behind her ear.

A voice crackled through her ear. “Do you see him yet, Syd?” It was Dixon, her partner at SD-6.

She grimaced as she answered, “No. But there’s still five minutes until the meet is scheduled.”

“Alright. Just remember, we have to get that chip before he trades it. You must make the switch before he gets to the VIP lounge.” She could hear him sigh in frustration – not at her, but at the fact that they were cutting it close to mission failure if the man didn’t show up.

“Got it.” Her words, like her actions were quick and precise – she was in business mode. However, she smiled for a brief moment. Dixon was a wonderful partner. That thought was followed by a frown. Lying to him was the hardest part of her job. But the CIA had made it clear that she was, under no circumstances, to tell anyone about her double agent status. And out of concern for her life and the lives of her loved ones – she followed this order.

Sydney scanned the room again and her eyes lighted on the man in question. He was tall, dark, and handsome. Not to mention pure evil. It was time to get started. She fiddled with her necklace and found the button that sent off an invisible signal that was to scan for the computer chip.

“Dixon, I see him. Can you pick up the signal?”

“Yes. The chip is in his front-left suit pocket.”

“Okay, I’m going to intercept. I’m going radio silent and I’ll see you at the rendezvous.”

“See you in twenty. Good luck, Syd.”

Overground, watch this space,
I'm open to falling from grace

She turned her earpiece off and wove her way through the heavy crowd until she was standing directly in front of the man – known only as Aidan Khasinau, son of the one suspected to be “The Man”.

Her red hair and black leather made her blend in well with the crowd; he would never remember her face. The switch was easy – she bumped into him, spilling a drink on his black Armani suit jacket. As she went to clean up the stain, she switched her counterfeit chip for his real one.

He never knew what hit him. He barely acknowledged her presence, as he lamented to ruination of his three thousand dollar suit. Angrily, he pushed her away mumbling something about stupid lushes who couldn’t walk in a straight line.

She slipped the chip down the front of her bustier – into a compartment that was meant to hold it while she exited the club. For the sake of appearances she continued to act drunk until she had made her way back to her starting point.

Her goal was to exit the club through the back and meet Dixon down the block at their rendezvous. However, as she made her way to the back of the club – she felt something grab her wrist and she was confronted by a man with the bluest eyes she had ever seen.

Calm me down, bring it round
Too way high off your street
I can see like nothing else
In me you're better than I wanna be

He had watched the whole exchange from his table in the back corner of the club – right next to the exit. She was good, he would give her that much. Khasinau, along with being a traitor to his fathers cause, was usually a very smart man. For her make a switch like that – he was either drunk, or she was the best.

It was mostly likely a bit of both. Either way, he was looking forward to meeting her on the way out. His job was to intercept the girl and retrieve the computer chip that she had swiped from Aidan Khasinau. He worked for the people that the younger Khasinau was double crossing. He worked for The Man.

Sark’s eyes followed her as she made her way through the crowd. She was young and agile, so she was able to weave through the many bodies that were packed at the center of the club. The red hair was most likely a wig, but she could not fake the figure under her tight leather clothes.

This was going to be fun for him. She would be easy to get close to in order to find the chip. He had seen where she placed it – slipped right between her breasts. As he waited, he admired the way her breasts overflowed above the bustier. If she had not been an opposing operative he would have tried to seduce her already tonight, for she had caught his eye the moment she walked in and before he had realized that she was working for another side.

As she came closer to him – her facial features became clearer and more familiar. Finally it dawned on him who she looked like. He knew exactly who she was – Sydney Bristow.

He could tell that she wasn’t aware of his presence by the way she was walking towards the door. As he stood up in the shadows – he walked towards her and grabbed her wrist. She gasped in surprise and he knew that he had caught her unaware. Her big brown eyes looked up at him with no fear, however, as she prepared to fight him off.

Don't think 'cos I understand, I care
Don't think 'cos I'm talking, we're friends

“I don’t want to fight you; I just want the chip you retrieved.” His voice was cool, with a clipped British accent that she would have normally found attractive – under much different circumstances.

She decided the best way to do this was to play dumb. “What chip?” She asked innocently, trying to disarm him.

He smirked at her, mockingly. “I watched to make a switch with that gentleman – I believe a man named Aidan Khasinou.”

She gave him an infuriated look at his mockery and she still attempted to pretend she had no idea what he was talking about. “I really have no idea what you are referring to. Perhaps you were thinking of another woman.” She added just a hint of flirtation in her tone and winked at him as she made her last comment.

He almost laughed. If he hadn’t seen the exchange with his own eyes – he might have believed her. Her tone alternately aroused and infuriated him. Her attempted seduction was not part of the game. He was the seducer – he was the one who would win in the end. And yet he had to admire her tactics, as they matched his own.

He was still holding on to her wrist tightly, so he whirled her around and backed her into the wall. Her chest rose and fell just the slightest bit quicker as her back hit the wall with a loud thud. However her eyes still showed no hint of fear.

“The chip you obtained belongs to my employer. You have taken it and my employer wants it back. And don’t pretend like you didn’t take the chip from Khasinou. I saw you do it.” His tone demanded that she not play any more games.

She stared into his eyes – meeting his glare with a hard brown stare of her own – but still she said nothing. Her chin was lifted up in defiance. She was feisty and he liked that about her.

I'm open to falling from grace

The moment she had seen those eyes she had known that she was in trouble. All the time that she thought she was the hunter; she had really been someone else’s prey. But he would never find the chip. It was safely hidden and she would never tell where it was.

His body held hers captive against the wall. If he wasn’t her enemy she would be taking the time to notice how attractive he was – with his blue eyes, hair that curled slightly at the tips, and his square jaw that was clenched in determination at the moment.

So maybe she was paying attention to that. Focus, Sydney. This is no time to notice that your enemy smells like spicy cologne, so unlike all the others at this smoky club. Distract him and get out of here…

He leaned his head down and she could feel his hot breath at her ear. It was all she could do to keep the shiver his nearness sent down her body contained. “I saw exactly where you hid that chip. Don’t think I won’t go looking for it.”

She gasped under her breath. He wouldn’t, really? Or would he? She got the answer to her question right away.

His hand started to skim the swells of her breast that were overflowing out of her bustier. He knew they were his gateway to the chip and he could tell that he was having an effect on her by the way her breathing hitched. The feel of his hands on her was gentle, yet hot. It was slowly spreading a tingling feeling throughout her body. This man, her enemy, was arousing her in a quite personal way.

Talk me down, safe and sound
Too strung up to sleep
Wear me out, scream and shout
Swear my time's never cheap

She decided to use that to her advantage. It would make it all that much easier to seduce him and get away.

She sighed as his hands began to brush down the front of her leather top. She could feel the heat radiating from his body. He was just as affected by her nearness. He was hiding it well – but some things he couldn’t hide.

He leaned his head back to begin a more thorough search, but the challenging look in her eyes stopped him. She arched an eyebrow at him and surprised him by capturing his lips with hers. His brain screamed that it was a ploy to distract him, and that he should make a move for the chip. But the taste of Sydney Bristow was as intoxicating as red wine – and just as bittersweet.

She tugged at his lower lip with her teeth, biting down hard enough to draw some blood. He groaned and pushed against her, to where there was no space between the wall, her, or him. His open mouth assaulted hers and their tongues met in a ferocious duel.

For a moment, she lost herself in his kiss and the feelings it aroused in her. She ran her hands up and down his back, over his shoulders, and down his chest. He was lean, but his muscles were well defined.

The brain that had been lying dormant for the past few moments kicked back into gear – he was back to getting to the chip. This time when he brushed his hands across her chest she just leaned into his kiss even more. Slowly his hand made its way down the front of her top – and amazing feat given the tight leather. He brushed his hands against her breast, causing her to jerk her hips towards him. A groan escaped his lips – into her mouth – which he contained and continued his search despite his painfully obvious arousal.

He found the chip and removed his hand from her top in order to put it in his suit pocket. He was about to pull back when she made her move as well. The sharp heel of her stiletto Manolo Blahniks dug into his foot, causing him to gasp in pain and then the force of her knee being thrust into his already throbbing crotch.

She pushed against him and he backed away from the wall. Not looking back, she bolted out of the door – never realizing that he had won. He had the chip.

I fake my life like I've lived
Too much, I take whatever you're given
Not enough

He watched as she ran away from him and he smirked. He had won, and he had tasted Sydney Bristow. As he made his way out of the club and to his car he thought about the ramifications of his actions. It was undeniable that she had wanted him – but it was equally undeniable that he wanted her as well.

Sydney Bristow was a name that he had heard many times working for The Man. His employer knew much about her life. She was the opponent that he had been trained to face. They were both at the top of their game – so he had to be on his toes at every moment with her. It was a game that he relished in playing, and winning.

His employer would kill him if she found out about this little tryst – for she was none other than Irina Derevko. Her mother. The potential for anything to happen between them was limited, for nothing remained secret for long. But Sark relished the thought of running into her again. Taunting her, teasing her, and ultimately having her – at least once.

She would resist, but in the end he would win – just like he had tonight.

I'm open to falling from grace.

Sydney ran down the street to her rendezvous point. She had already been out of breath when she left the club – for the strangers kisses had made her weak. Running in heels certainly didn’t help her much.

She slipped a hand down to where the chip was still resting safely.

She stopped cold in her tracks. It was gone. s***. The word kept repeating in her mind. All the while she was planning her escape – he had been searching for the chip. The name of the elusive figure, The Man, would still be hidden for the time being.

And it was all due to her stupidity. Her inexplicable desire for the blonde man with the eyes made of ice. A terrorist, an assassin, and the one who had made her heart race like none other.

Sydney started running again to the van that Dixon was waiting in. SD-6 would never know that the mission had failed. The CIA had provided her with a counterfeit chip, which could easily be played off as a set up on The Man’s part. But for her father, Vaughn, and the rest of the CIA – what was she going to tell them?

She cursed him, she cursed herself, and she made a vow – if she ever came across him again he would not escape unharmed. She was going to win the next round.

That was amazing! I just absolutely love your work, Amy! I can't wait to see what happens next and to see just how Syd will try and come out on top. ;) I'd love a PM when you udate! :smiley:

First of all... YAY for the Sneaker Pimps! This is one of my favorite songs and I'm so glad you had this song for your fic. It's truly mid-1990's, angsty, fit your story perfectly.

And...

Oh, my. :eek: How in the world do you come up with this stuff?? Is it your muse? And, if so, can I borrow her for a while? :lol:

This was so freakin' sexy and hot-them all over each in the club scene- that it's just the fic I needed to read before going into what is surely going to be an S/V lovefest in the finale. Oh, man... double blush!! :blush2: So fantastic!

“Got it.” Her words, like her actions were quick and precise – she was in business mode. However, she smiled for a brief moment. Dixon was a wonderful partner. That thought was followed by a frown. Lying to him was the hardest part of her job.
Syd/Dixon mission action. Yay!! :dance: I really miss this from the real show and I loved the way you included him at the beginning. Just like the good, ol' days.

So maybe she was paying attention to that. Focus, Sydney. This is no time to notice that your enemy smells like spicy cologne, so unlike all the others at this smoky club. Distract him and get out of here…
Hmm... :Ponder: With anyone else, I wouldn't think it's ever the right time to notice your arch enemy smells like spicy cologne; but Sydney's just in denial here. :P When it's Sark, it's always the right time. Just give in, Sydney, and all will be well... ;)

She gasped under her breath. He wouldn’t, really? Or would he?
Oh, yes he would. God bless him. :D

She would resist, but in the end he would win – just like he had tonight.
That's such a Sark thing to think. Typically arrogant.

She stopped cold in her tracks. It was gone. s***.
:rotflmao: Forget something, Syd? Hehe. Priceless.

She cursed him, she cursed herself, and she made a vow – if she ever came across him again he would not escape unharmed. She was going to win the next round.
Uh oh. That sounds like a direct challenge. And we all know that when it comes to Sydney and Sark in the Sarkney fanfic world, challenges like this usually end up in serious, full on Nemisis hotness. ;) Here's to hoping...

Great job, Amy. You're just too good.

A :flower: for your PM and can't wait for the next installment.

I like it, Amy!!

Great job! I really liked the scene in the club, when Syd was about to leave; that seems a lot like it could have happened in the show! Talk about being torn!

Thanks for the PM! Keep me on the list!

Okay - it's about time I gave a nice reply to my reviewers!

Tori13: Glad you liked it!! You know, I’ve been missing ‘old-school’ Alias so much, I decided I wanted to write something kind of like it. You’re welcome for the PM and I’ll keep you on the list!

red_lily: Will do :smiley:

acting_chica :blush: aww – you’re so kind! I’m glad you love it!

Dita: I have this huge huge huge love for the Sneaker Pimps. And 6 Underground is definitely my favorite song.

As for my muse – she’s so freakin overactive. I don’t have time to write half the stuff she puts in my mind!

Thanks for the lovely compliments! :blush: I miss Dixon so much – S1/S2 mission!Dixon that is. He will definitely be a part of this story!

RavenClaw: Aww! :blush: I’m glad you liked it! I’ll definitely PM you with updates!

Fizzy Lizzy: Glad to hear! I’ll definitely PM you when I post more!

A/N: So sorry for the long delay between the first installment and this one…time just slipped away so quickly…Hope you all enjoy!

[2]
Comforting Lie
-No Doubt

He could tell something was wrong the moment she entered the warehouse. She had that look in her eyes – that look of upset determination. The counter-mission must have failed.

He wanted to sigh loudly, but he knew that would anger her. She did not like it when she lost. And she did not like it when the CIA pointed out her failings. It always seemed to her like they did not trust her; they did not believe she was telling the truth.

What Vaughn wanted so desperately to tell her, what he could not tell her, is that he was always on her side – he always believed in her, he knew that she would never lie to him or the CIA.

She walked up to him in the warehouse with a heavy heart. She had this expectation of herself and she had let herself down. And now she was going to lie to Vaughn. She was going to lie to the CIA. And most of all, she was going to lie to herself.

She would tell Vaughn about the other agent – the blond haired, blue eyed agent who made her heart beat faster even now just thinking about him – but she would not tell the whole truth.

She would tell Vaughn that they fought and she had lost the chip, and that SD-6 had the counterfeit one.

She would tell Vaughn everything, except for one small detail. She would never tell Vaughn about the kiss – and how much she had enjoyed it. There were some things that he, and the CIA, could never find out about.

I started out on the wrong foot
Now I'm not myself
I am Jekyll, I am Hyde
Found this place to hide
Come seek me

“What’s wrong?” He asked, softly.

“I ran across another agent,” She replied, too matter-of-factly for his liking.

“Anna Espinosa?” He asked quickly, the worry evident in his green eyes, his forehead wrinkling in concern.

“No, it was a new player in the game. I’ve never seen him before.”

“Him?”

“Yes, him.”

“Well, what does he look like? Did you perhaps get a surveillance photo? Did he get the chip? Are you hurt?”

She looked at him, arching an eyebrow. That was the largest amount of questions he had ever asked in a row. Does he suspect? What does he already know? Or is he just being concerned, more concerned than he has ever been?

She felt, for a moment that all of her lies were about to come crashing down. But she held firm. She could not falter – her life depended upon it.

“He’s tall, about 5’11” or 6 feet and maybe in his mid-20s. He has blonde hair, blue eyes, a crooked lip that is shaped into a perpetual smirk.” And he’s gorgeous. He oozes confidence and sex appeal. He likes to play games. His kisses and his touch set my insides on fire.

“Are there any surveillance photos?”

“No, I had my father check.” That’s a lie. You just know that they will believe Jack Bristow.

“Do you know anything else about him?”

“Only that he must work for The Man, and now he has the chip back – the one lead we had on the identity of The Man.” Lay it on thick – he won’t notice.

Just then, her pager beeped. It was Sloane. She looked up and saw that he understood. He watched her walk away without saying another word.

Oh, so up and down
So back and forth
So insecure
Can't get this taste out of my mouth
Swallow it down, pretend

As Sloane started droning on about God and Country, her mind wandered yet again to this mysterious stranger. Sloane was detailing the mission – and she was drawing the stranger into the picture on her own.

The dark corners of the building they were infiltrating.

Waiting for her in the office they were breaking into.

Guns blazing as he exits the building, fighting with her on their way out.

Her winning.

The last thought made her smile. It was that smile that got her into trouble.

You see, Sloane thought that she agreed to crash the party wearing a very slinky black dress – instead of breaking into the building in tactical gear as she had assumed. Well, s***. She shuddered at the thought of wearing yet another outfit and having to flirt with fat, bald, old men.

And what if her mysterious nemesis showed up? What then? How could she be serious and beat the living daylights out of him if she was dressed like a cheap hooker?

But, she must pretend that she believed Sloane’s motivations were true. So she ground her teeth together, smiled hugely, and said, “That won’t be a problem.”

She was lying through her teeth – but that was nothing new.

Hold it, hold it all in
Let it build up
Build a bomb
And blow it, blow it away
Clear it all out
Just end it

Usually Sark did not allow his mind to drift. He was controlled – perfectly controlled – and he was unemotional. Such was the nature of his work. So why did his mind seem to drift towards Sydney Bristow every spare moment of the day?

He had admitted to himself that he wanted her. That was simple. Sark didn’t romanticize his desires into thinking they were something more. They weren’t – he wanted to sleep with her, pure and simply. No frills. If there was one thing that Sark did not do, it was frills.

She would be at the party tomorrow night. He had known that before Irina confirmed it. And he would go. They were both after the same thing. A list of names – very important names complete with contact information – was located in a safe in the home office of Jean-Luc Ricard. This gentleman was hosting a party the next night. It was a party that he knew they both would crash, because the names pertained to one very important thing.

The hunt for Rambaldi.

Personally, Sark was not a believer in the ridiculous Nostradamus and da Vinci-like claims made about Rambaldi. But professionally, as well as personally, Julian Lazarey owed his life to Irina Derevko – and thus Mr. Sark was born.

This meant that while he did not believe, his life must be consumed by the hunt. It was a good thing that lying came so naturally to him – he would never have survived in the world if it hadn’t.

Of course, professionally, he could not keep any secrets from Irina. But personally – he must. If she knew of his plans for her daughter, any trust she had in him would be killed – and likely so would he.

Tomorrow, he decided. He would have her tomorrow – and that would banish any errant thoughts from his mind.

I'm just a normal person
Without those problems
When did it change?
Admissions so embarrassing
I'm on the verge of tears again

Dixon was dressed to the nines in a classic black tuxedo – complete with a red vest and a perfectly knotted bowtie. He looked elegant and sophisticated.

She felt like a cheap hussy on his arm – slinky black dress, black stilettos, and a platinum blonde wig. I’m a f***ing bimbo, she thought bitterly. Okay, no more sulking. Focus on the job. It’s only pretend – and I’m good at that.

He watched her enter the room, dressed like a bimbo – but he could read class in the fluidity of her movement, her facial expressions, and her general mannerisms. He could also see her discomfort. It was something he had missed the last time, when she had been in the leather, but it was written clearly on her face.

A moment later it disappeared. He saw her put her game face on. He smiled – involuntarily – and that made him annoyed about paying so much attention to her. The list of names, on a disk, in a safe, in the private office of Ricard – that was why he was here. Business first, pleasure later.

She smiled at something that Dixon said. It was inconsequential, but comforting just the same. Dixon was a steady partner. The best partner a ‘CIA agent’ who really worked for the Alliance, but actually was a CIA agent working as a double agent, could ask for.

She scanned the room and found Monsieur Ricard flirting shamelessly with a young brunette. Sydney needed a recording of his heartbeat to open the safe in his office, so she braced herself and sauntered over to the couple.

It took no time at all to be rid of the blonde. Sydney knew how to attract a man such as Ricard. Within moments she was purring and running her hand up his chest – conveniently because her bracelet was actually recording his heart beat.

The words she said were irrelevant, as were his answers – she hardly paid any attention. Her earpiece chirped as Dixon let her know that they had what they needed. She slipped away seductively, leaving her victim wanting more.

As she did, she wondered about the deliciously sexy blond agent she had run across recently. She looked around the room to see if he was there. Immediately she cursed herself for even thinking about him for a moment in a way that didn’t involve her beating the felgercarb out of him.

Such pretense. It was heavy on her heart as she slipped out of the party. Her whole life was pretend. Was there any honesty in the world?

His eyes followed her movements, knowing exactly what she was up to with Ricard. Sark watched her as she slipped out of the room – unnoticed by everybody else. It was time to move in on his prey.

Oh look I took the Band-Aid off
Did I take it off too soon?
Hysterical confession
My big courageous move

“Fancy meeting you here,” a voice broke through her concentration as she opened up the safe.

It was a British accent, cool and clipped. She turned around slowly to face his calm blue eyes. He was here.

“The blonde is a nice look, but I think I liked the red wig better,” he grinned smugly as he could tell how flustered she was.

“Who the hell are you?” She asked as soon as she found her voice.

“My identity is of no consequence,” he answered, sounding bored – as if he had been asked that question more times than he had ever wanted to hear in his lifetime. In truth, he was fascinated by her. She was more beautiful than he remembered. Tonight. It must definitely be tonight.

Sydney shook with anger and made a small sound – filled with frustration. She was not used to being set aside so easily. He infuriated her with his cool demeanor, just as much as she wished and strived for the same.

“I’ll be needing that disk, once you’re done opening the safe.”

She laughed at him then, fully expecting him to say this. “Over my dead body.”

“That can be arranged.”

“You won last time. You won’t tonight,” she claimed.

He just arched an eyebrow at that and half-smiled.

Don't gasp at the predictable
A comforting lie can't last
Preordained checklist of this awkward love
It's so sad

Her bracelet beeped, signifying that the safe was opened. She reached in and grabbed the disk. Even though her back was facing him – she felt his eyes on her, watching her every move.

She pulled out a second disk, one that she had carried for this exact purpose – this and for deluding SD-6 into thinking they had the list. She slipped the real disk in her small clutch – not so easy to get to without her knowing about it. And as before, she slipped the other disk under her clothing. This time, he would not be allowed to touch her so intimately and steal her mission away.

She turned around and in a moment of daring asked, “Are you going to strip search me?”

His face remained calm, but on the inside he was amused at her question, her dare. And he was aroused. He had seen two disks and knew that she was trying to throw him off. If he got a hold of both of them that would be perfect – for there was no knowing which disk was the correct one.

Sark took a step forward, slowly making his way until he was standing directly in front of her – not quite touching. Heat radiated between them; black, swirling, intense heat that they both tried to ignore.

It was impossible to resist.

He started to run his hands up and down her waist, searching through her dress. She flinched at first, and then let out a soft sigh as she reveled in the slightest pressure of his hands. They ran up the front of her dress – and he felt the disk. It must be the fake, he thought, there’s no way she would put it in the same place. Unless she hoped that I would come to that realization. His blood started pounding and he had to drag his hands farther up and smooth over her soft, fragrant skin. Sark leaned in closer, breathing in her scent.

Hold it, hold it all in
I'll let it build up
Oh, build a bomb
Then blow it, blow it away
Clear it all out
Just end it

Her lips trembled. He had to taste them again. She was as intoxicating as he remembered. The disk. He must get the disk. Or, disks, actually. Both of them.

But first his lips met hers in an intensely hot kiss. He felt her slide into the embrace as if all her bones had melted, surrendering completely.

It was that simple fact that made him jump back – but just a moment too late.

He felt the prick in his arm and moments later he was the one sliding – to the ground. The sedative she used was strong. She had a good twenty minute head start.

Sydney left the room with a purposeful stride, only looking back once, before she slipped away into the night. She opened her clutch and saw the disk. She smoothed the front of her dress and felt the other disk.

This time she had won.

Sort it, sort it out
Just give it back
No thank you
And toss it, toss it away
Eliminate
Just give up

He woke up slowly, still sprawled out on the office floor. He was surprised that he had not been detained by guards – or the alarm had not been tripped. I guess that was her way of proving a point…and leaving him in her debt. Clever minx, he thought with a smirk that was more of a grimace.

Irina was not going to be happy when she found out.

Speaking of the devil herself, his phone vibrated – alerting him to an incoming call. It was going to be Irina, he knew it, and he wasn’t prepared for the phone call. But he answered it anyway. That was his job.

“Sark.”

“You failed to check in at the specified time.”

“I ran into some complications.”

“My daughter.”

“Yes.”

“You cannot allow her to best you again.”

“I know. I won’t.”

“You’re right. Do you know why you won’t?”

“I suppose you are going to tell me.”

“You will trail her, track her, study her, acquaint yourself with her every move – and soon you will know her every thought. Then you will not fail to outwit her the next time you meet.”

“But –“

“No buts. You begin right now. The pilot is waiting to fly you to LA. There is an apartment rented in the city under the name Alexei Kruchev. The proper identification is waiting on the jet. You will call me when you reach LA for further instruction.”

She hung up without saying another word. He sighed heavily. And he wondered if Irina was aware of his desire for her daughter. Most likely she wasn’t, or she would never have given him this assignment.

He slept the on the flight to LA so he would land rested, cool, and collected. He would remain in control over his desires. He would do his job.

On his way to the apartment, he passed by the pier and saw her sitting there alone. She looked so lost, so confused, so vulnerable that he stopped the car and just watched her.

I can't decide
This tug of war
I'm feeling weak

She did not sleep on the flight home. When they arrived at the airport, Sydney slipped the disk the anonymous CIA agent, and handed over the counterfeit disk to Dixon. They head in the direction of the Credit Dauphine building, but Sydney was not up for facing another round of lying.

Her stomach was twisted into knots – so she begged off sick and told Dixon to cover for her.

He did, because he believed her – another knot to add to the forming lump in her stomach.

She ended up at the pier, watching the waves crash in repeatedly. It soothed her. She told herself that the kiss had done nothing to affect her. She told herself that she had just been doing her job. And she believed in her lie because she had to.

She became so content, that she never realized that she was being watched from afar.

TBC…

PMs going out...now!
I can't seem to get away from angsty writing... :lol:

Umm...Amy, I can't believe I didn't see this before woo..those cold pills are working too hard! Amazing of course! I love the story line! Great Job!!! Do I really need to ask to be added to the list? :lol:

:jawdrop: omg amy. you always write such great stuff. i'm addicted to all your fics :smiley:. this is so great. no need to apologize for the angsty writing, i'm a fan!
you can nail all the characters so awesomely(is that a word?)! i loved the wrinkles in vaughn's forehead hehe. it's so cool how you can write them.
i seriously tell all my friends that they must read your writing. i think you are helping to form some alias-converts too! :smiley:
this is awesome! :happydance: write again soon!

m-c

p.s. random comment to dita. i love your av!!

^ Thanks acting_chica! Dana made it for me; gotta love some JuSi.

And I decided to reply in a new box...thing. Yeah, you know what I mean. Anyway, moving right along... :lol:

:rockon: Like I said earlier, this rocks. I was hoping you would update and here you have; it just makes my day!

Ah, Vaughn in this chapter. Disillusioned, boy scout Vaughn. I almost felt sorry for him. Almost. ;)

his forehead wrinkling in concern.

:lol: Laugh out freakin' loud. Nice Vaughn jab.

“He’s tall, about 5’11” or 6 feet and maybe in his mid-20s. He has blonde hair, blue eyes, a crooked lip that is shaped into a perpetual smirk.” And he’s gorgeous. He oozes confidence and sex appeal. He likes to play games. His kisses and his touch set my insides on fire.

Love her train of thought. You know she so wants to say that last bit out loud. The truth will set you free, honey...

“Well, what does he look like? Did you perhaps get a surveillance photo? Did he get the chip? Are you hurt?”

Wow, he must be getting all worked up to ask that many questions, especially considering it's the normally brevity-minded Agent Tall, Useless, and Boring. Are you okay, Vaughn? Do you need a lie down? ;)

And what if her mysterious nemesis showed up? What then? How could she be serious and beat the living daylights out of him if she was dressed like a cheap hooker?

A dilemmia for the ages, I assure you. :lol: I'm very much enjoying the way you mix little snatches of humor with the angst, btw. Excellent. (y) (y)

He had admitted to himself that he wanted her. That was simple. Sark didn’t romanticize his desires into thinking they were something more. They weren’t – he wanted to sleep with her, pure and simply. No frills. If there was one thing that Sark did not do, it was frills.

She would be at the party tomorrow night. He had known that before Irina confirmed it. And he would go.

That was great-- the parallels of them both being in meetings and thinking about one another in an semi R-rated way. Sex-ay. :blush:

Dixon was dressed to the nines in a classic black tuxedo – complete with a red vest and a perfectly knotted bowtie. He looked elegant and sophisticated.

Dixon!!! Amy, I adore you for putting him in this story!! :love:

Such pretense. It was heavy on her heart as she slipped out of the party. Her whole life was pretend. Was there any honesty in the world?

His eyes followed her movements, knowing exactly what she was up to with Ricard. Sark watched her as she slipped out of the room – unnoticed by everybody else. It was time to move in on his prey.

Awww... Poor Sydney. She's having a 'sad' moment and Sark is getting ready to eff' her all up. But I like the cat and mouse quality their relationship seems to have taken on. It adds a whole new, deep dimension to the story.

Sark took a step forward, slowly making his way until he was standing directly in front of her – not quite touching. Heat radiated between them; black, swirling, intense heat that they both tried to ignore.

It was impossible to resist.

This IS the appeal of the Sarkney relationship. They are so HOT together and you do a really good job of describing it.

She ended up at the pier, watching the wave’s crash in repeatedly. It soothed her. She told herself that the kiss had done nothing to affect her. She told herself that she had just been doing her job. And she believed in her lie because she had to.

She became so content, that she never realized that she was being watched from afar.

Ahhh... Nice end. So Sark is watching Sydney. Hmmm... Well we all know this *could* lead to ensuing hotness... (**hint, hint**)... :lol:

Great chapter. The song you used, although I've never heard it, fit in really well with your story. I liked the reversal this chapter, of Syd getting the best of Sark.

Ohhh... I can't wait to see how it all pans out! Thanks for the PM!

Author’s Note: I cannot believe this much time went by between now and the last time I updated! I had this half written, but just couldn’t finish it for the longest time. Hopefully you all will still enjoy the story – though I expect to have lost some readers due to the very long absence.

For those who are hoping for more of Sark’s insight and thoughts to Sydney’s personal life – it will happen, but not all in this chapter…I have plans! ^_^

Without further ado, here’s part 3 of Falling from Grace…

[3]
Make a Killing
-Aimee Mann

There is nothing that competes with habit
and I know it's neither deep nor tragic
It's simply that you have to have it

Surveillance was boring. It didn’t matter that he was watching the current object of his desire; one of the things Sark hated most in the world was just sitting and watching, driving and following.

The fact that knowing his opponent so completely – their habits, their weaknesses, their strengths – only came from such surveillance did not make it any less boring. He much preferred leaving this job to others, and reading up on his subjects from the information those others had compiled.

Besides, he could have summed up Sydney Bristow after their last two encounters. He was always a quick study. She was strong, he did not doubt that, and she was also stubborn and did not give up. But her biggest weakness was her compassion. He had seen the look in her eyes as she stabbed him with the tranquilizer. Even being who he was, it was not easy for her to hurt him. That showed that for some reason, she cared.

So, she had bested him once. That was unfortunate, but not a fatal mistake. And she would never be able to use the same trick on him again. To him, that made the watching was excessively ridiculous.

Especially because they were having enough problems keeping tabs on Aidan Khasinou. According to Irina, he had disappeared from the radar for a while – popping up here and there, attempting to undermine her organization.

But he had no responsibilities towards that situation, one that would have interested him more – because he loved action, his desire to be in the field with his adrenaline pumping was strong.

Instead, he waited and watched Sydney. He knew her schedule inside and out. The only deviations from said schedule occurred when she was called on emergency missions. Which was becoming more frequent the past two months, and he knew why.

The quest for Rambaldi was heating up. Irina was immersed in it, as was Sloane, and Khasinou.

But Sark still studied Sydney, and witnessed all of her daily habits.

So you can make a killing
Oh you can make a killing
Oh you can make a killing

She ran around the track with Will, her mind completely at ease. They made a habit of running together. Everyday, same time, unless she was out on a business trip for the bank.

The routine in her normal life is what made her foray into the spy world bearable. Without it, she would go crazy and need to see some CIA shrink, like Dr. Barnett or worse, somebody with an even more patronizing tone of voice.

The thudding sound that her footsteps made on the track went in time with the beating of her heart. They rhythm in which they ran together spoke of history, comfort, and pattern. He was one of her oldest friends – one that she had the hardest time keeping secrets from.

For a while, he had been asking too many questions about Danny and his death. But thankfully he seemed to have stopped. She desperately wanted to tell him, somebody, anybody, about the stranger that she had met and encountered twice. But she had not seen him again in the past few months. So she almost forgot about him. Almost.

She was starting to think he hadn’t been real. That was one of the reasons that she wanted to tell somebody – as if telling them would make him real.

She continued her life as usual: going to school, going to work, meeting with Vaughn in the drafty warehouse, and attempting to maintain a social life.

Routine. Habit. They were they steadying forces in her life.

Her routines became his routines. Her habits became his habits. And he learned.

He watched her run every afternoon she could with her friend. So he learned about her friend, Will. He was an inquisitive reporter – who was looking into the death of her fiancé, Danny Hecht. He assumed it was without her knowledge, because they never spoke of it to each other.

He could see Will digging deeper into the mess, and already Eloise Kurtz had died. But nothing kept Will from looking further.

It was love and sadness for his friend. Not to mention natural curiosity that came from his line of work.

He could see those emotions written all on Will’s face. And he could see the lack of understanding on hers. She loved him, sure, but in the way that a friend loves another friend. She would do anything to protect him.

He marked that name down in his notes. Will Tippin – can be used if necessary.

He felt no remorse writing that down, he had a job to do, and nothing was going to keep him from that. Not even a beautiful nemesis and her friend whom she so obviously cared about as well.

I wish I was both young and stupid
then I too could have the fun that you did
till it was time to pony up what you bid

Watching her at night was the hardest part of his job. He would see her carelessly toss her clothes on the floor in her room and pull out a robe – and after a stressful evening, take a leisurely bubble bath. He even memorized her scents.

Strawberry – when she was happy.

Cucumber-Melon – when she was going out.

Chamomile – when she was exhausted.

Lavender – when she was depressed.

His desire for her was growing, and he knew all he had to do was present an opportunity now. It was the perfect time, as his employers knew he was here.

Tonight, after an exhausting run with Will, she drew herself a bath of Chamomile. Her roommate, Francie, wasn’t home – she was out with her boyfriend, Charlie. Sark didn’t expect them back that evening, as Francie had left a note for Sydney on the counter telling her so.

Sark slipped into Sydney’s bedroom window undetected. He was dressed casually, faded denim and a black tee shirt. He lay down on her bed, waiting for the gasp of surprise when she saw him.

So you could make a killing
Oh you could make a killing
Oh you could make a killing

She was wrapped only in her thick terrycloth towel when she entered her room. She saw him immediately – only there was no gasp.

Only a cold demand, “I suppose it is about time you told me who the hell you are and how you found me. Not to mention who you are working for.”

His eyes glinted with amusement at her demand, her wet hair dripping down her shoulders and wearing only a towel. He ran his hand under her pillow and found her CIA issue gun.

“Were you perhaps going to shoot me with this if I refused?” He asked with a slight grin.

Her eyes blazed, “I could take you down without that. Only the weak need weapons.”

He threw the gun on her nightstand, “I won’t need it then, since I am also far from weak.”

“I’ll ask you again. Who are you, what are you doing here, and who are you working for?”

He suddenly had the urge to laugh, but he covered it well as he answered, “You can call me Julian. I am here for one thing alone, to see you. As this has nothing to do with business, I will abstain from answering the third question.”

As he was speaking he got up from the bed and walked over to where she was still standing – incredulous and wet.

I could follow you and search the rubble
Or stay right here and save myself some trouble
Or try to keep myself from seeing double

She started to speak again, but he placed a finger on her lips to silence any words that may have started to escape.

He traced the line above where her towel was wrapped around her torso with his other hand and leaned in – whispering softly in her ear.

“This has nothing to do with business, and everything to do with finishing what we started a few months ago.”

She bit his finger that rest on her lips and he quickly removed it. “We started nothing a few months ago. You mistakenly assume that I want you. I assure you it was just an act.”

Sark grinned at her denial, “That was such a typical response, Sydney. How about you surprise me and tell the truth.”

She spoke through her teeth, “I will admit nothing to you.”

Sark leaned down and bit her lower lip softly, “So, there is something to admit, though.”

She wanted to slap him, but feared the towel would slip. He was backing her further into the wall, but still she resisted, “I never said that.”

They were against the wall, Sark pressing into her, “Not directly, but you certainly implied it. However, as much fun as it is to argue with you, I would rather just prove you wrong.”

His lips crashed down on hers and his hand that had been tracing her skin easily unhooked her towel, letting it fall to her feet.

The cool air rushed across her body, but was soon replaced by the heat of his hands. They burned her through her skin and spread a fire through her insides – as if she was melting.

She pushed him off only long enough to lead him to the side of her bed. In bringing his lips down her hers, she started the fire yet again. His hands were everywhere and he appeared completely consumed in her.

And while he was so consumed she reached for the gun that was carelessly thrown on her nightstand.

She ran her left hand under his shirt, touching his feverish skin, but her right hand was holding the gun.

Or I could make a killing
Or I could make a killing
Oh I could make a killing
Yeah I could make a killing
I could make a killing

He felt the cool metal before his brain registered that she was not as engrossed as he was.

The gun, he thought too late.

He heard the click of the safety being turned off.

Her voice was low and hard, “I’ve seen you tailing me for the past week. I want to know who the hell you are working for, and I want to know right now.”

When he refused to answer he did not hear the sound of a gun being shot, or the fire of a bullet tearing flesh.

He felt the cold metal of the gun being slammed into his head, and the last thing he remembered was cursing his desire.

TBC...

Ya...first to reply!! First let me start by saying...YA AMY...Welcome back!! :woot: and it's about damn time!! :rotflmao:

So, she had bested him once. That was unfortunate, but not a fatal mistake. And she would never be able to use the same trick on him again. To him, that made the watching was excessively ridiculous.

Oh..this is sooooooo something that would come out of Sark's mouth.

She continued her life as usual: going to school, going to work, meeting with Vaughn in the drafty warehouse, and attempting to maintain a social life.

Routine. Habit. They were they steadying forces in her life.

Her routines became his routines. Her habits became his habits. And he learned.

Hmm...he's stalking her. I mean that's basically what he's doing right!!

Watching her at night was the hardest part of his job. He would see her carelessly toss her clothes on the floor in her room and pull out a robe – and after a stressful evening, take a leisurely bubble bath. He even memorized her scents.

His desire for her was growing, and he knew all he had to do was present an opportunity now. It was the perfect time, as his employers knew he was here.

Okay...now your making him sound a little scarey there. Memorizing the scents...:lol: no really. You do a good job of showing his infatuation. He has to know everything about her... down to the scents she use's for her buble baths.

His lips crashed down on hers and his hand that had been tracing her skin easily unhooked her towel, letting it fall to her feet.

The cool air rushed across her body, but was soon replaced by the heat of his hands. They burned her through her skin and spread a fire through her insides – as if she was melting.

She pushed him off only long enough to lead him to the side of her bed. In bringing his lips down her hers, she started the fire yet again. His hands were everywhere and he appeared completely consumed in her.

And while he was so consumed she reached for the gun that was carelessly thrown on her nightstand.

She ran her left hand under his shirt, touching his feverish skin, but her right hand was holding the gun.

You know that is exactly how I would see a Sarkney scene working on the show. Kissing, carresing, bring a gun into the scene...yep! That's how I see it happening on the show! :smiley: :lol:

Another amazing job Amy...you always amaze me. I can't wait for more!! Yah!! :woot:

hehe. i love it. intrigued sark. makes me happy.

amy you are wonderful! love this.

m-c

Due to a variety of circumstances, some beyond my control, I’m sorry to say that I am leaving all of my current fanfiction unfinished.

This idea has been tossed around in my mind for a few months now, ever since I started graduate school and have found no free time for creative writing. Not to mention, when I have felt inclined to write, it has been all for original pieces. But my final decision was partially made for me due to the events of the past 48 hours.

The hard drive of my computer crashed and basically nothing can be recovered. Since my fanfiction was one thing that I have not backed up; all unfinished stories are lost completely. I have lost my PM lists, my plot outlines, and all of my previous chapters.

I may or may not write different stories if I ever get the chance (maybe when I’m not so busy, but who knows when that will be?). So, I just wanted to thank you all for your reviews and kind words since they have meant so much to me, and encouraged my writing…and I’m probably not disappearing forever, but these stories are, since they are all gone.

Again, thanks…and much love,

Amy

Back