Fame, Infamy, Reputation, Faction = TITLES!

Originally posted by frostydf2@May 16 2006, 09:35 PM
Having customizable titles would get abused. Instead of just Arial 10 font, they should use a more fancy character. Also in my eyes you shouldn't be able to see ANY tags for opposing factoins.. EVER.
YAH!!

What kind of PvP is that? honestly... trying to be stealthy, and theres some letters in red...KILL!

Heres a quick fix to Titles, GM awarded ONLY, and you have to tell them what you want, and if it is too innapropriate, they wont give it to you.

Based on the various articles it looks like titles will be granted for various things but that it will be at the control of the Game Master. In other words, it isn't going to be the same title each time (i.e. player A does something and gets title 1, player B does the same thing and doesn't necessarily get title 1 also - they may get another title or no title at all). The interesting thing to see is how the titles will be doled out.

I mean, is every quest going to be run by GM's? That doesn't see realistic - especially if there is a huge amount of players. It may be that there will be "campaigns" that people can join that are GM run and then some static content to get experience, tutorials, etc.

Has anyone heard or does anyone have any ideas?

I'm not exactly sure how the GM interaction will work either, but knowing Simu, they will make it unique and often. I mentioned in another post that I have a feeling (and this is just my hunch) that GMs will appear quite often as enemy mobs, merchants, and other NPCs. I'm guessing we'll encounter a GM on many occasions and not even be aware that it is a GM. That's one thing I wish more MMOs would do...hide their GMs among the population.

Anyhow, I'm guessing there will be a lot of GM interaction. Their engine allows for on-the-fly updating and such, so they'll be able to throw things in, start up events, etc without downtime.

Originally posted by JonDDA+May 16 2006, 03:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JonDDA @ May 16 2006, 03:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-frostydf2@May 16 2006, 09:35 PM
Having customizable titles would get abused. Instead of just Arial 10 font, they should use a more fancy character. Also in my eyes you shouldn't be able to see ANY tags for opposing factoins.. EVER.
YAH!!

What kind of PvP is that? honestly... trying to be stealthy, and theres some letters in red...KILL! [/b][/quote]
I'm talking about names in general, I do not plan to partake in any PvP if I have a say in it... thus I won't be on RP-PvP or Full PvP servers... So I would assume the discussion would be "names and titles in general pertaining to the whole game" ;)

PvP is another discussion, which I'll most likely steer clear of hehe...

~ Jaraeth

Back