Family Secrets

SkyGirl5

Cadet
Title: Family Secrets
Genre: S/V Family angst
Summary: How much did Sydney and Michael fail to tell their children about their past lives?

oh um yeah really short 14 chaps + epilogue

Chapter 1
“Mommy please!” Eleven year old Olivia whined.
“No.” Sydney said automatically.
“Please Mom!” Thirteen year old Alex begged.
“No.” Sydney sighed.
“PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.” Alex and Olivia chanted in unison.
“STOP. The answer is still no.” Sydney said firmly.
“But whyyyyyyy?!” Olivia whined.
“Because Olivia Jade you do not need a horse.” Sydney sighed as she stepped off the patio and walked towards the pool where her children were playing.
“Yes I do. Becky has one.” Olivia sighed.
“Well that’s nice for Becky.” Sydney said. “But you’re not getting one.”
“But I’ll pay for it!” Olivia insisted.
Sydney laughed. “With what? Horses are extremely expensive.”
“Then I’ll ask Daddy.” Olivia pouted.
“No, you won’t.” Sydney sighed. “Now get out of the water and put on more sun screen so you don’t get burnt.”
Olivia grunted as she stomped up the steps and across the deck to where her mother was standing. She stopped in front of Sydney with her arms crossed over her chest and a pouty expression on her face. Sydney rolled her eyes as she applied suntan lotion to her daughters face and shoulders. “You too Alex.”
“Oh I think I’ll just go in.” Alex sighed as he grabbed a towel from the edge of the pool. “Unless I can get that jet ski?” He smiled.
“No.” Sydney said.
“Four wheeler?”
“Absolutely not!” Sydney said sharply. “My god what is with you two today? Why have you suddenly become insatiable?”
“What does that mean?” Olivia asked with a scrunched up nose.
“It means,” Sydney said as she cupped her daughter’s chin playfully. “You want everything you could possibly imagine.”
“YEP!” She grinned. Sydney rolled her eyes. Then both Olivia and Alex began jogging towards the house.
“Freeze! Both of you!” Sydney commanded. “Clean up these pool toys you dragged out before you go inside.”
“Mooooooom!” They whined.
“NOW!” Sydney said before going into the house. A few minutes later Olivia and Alex scampered in, leaving wet footprints as their trail. Sydney sighed as she dropped a towel on the ground and began mopping up their wet footprints. She groaned as she bent over to pick up the towel she had dropped. At thirty nine, she was finally beginning to feel older than she had felt in her twenties and she hated herself for it.

“MOM!!! ALEX TOOK MY SOAP!!!” Olivia screeched from two floors above.
“Alex give her the soap back.” Sydney groaned.
“She threw my wash cloth in the toilet!” Alex whined.
“SHE WHAT!?” Sydney grimaced, trying not to gag.
“It was an accident!!” Olivia yelled. Sydney groaned as she ran up two flights of stairs to referee the feuding siblings. “Alex needs to put his toilet seat down!” Olivia snapped.
“I’m a guy it’s what I do.” Alex smirked.
“Ok, enough.” Sydney sighed. “Olivia, go get a plastic bag and fish the wash cloth out of the toilet. Put the wash cloth in the bag and throw it away, then wash your hands three times.” Sydney shuddered.
“Why are we throwing the wash cloth away?” Alex asked.
“Do you want to use it out of the toilet?” Sydney asked him. Alex shook his head. “Didn’t think so.”

Once the children were showered and changed they made their way to the family room where they began to fight over the remote.
“Hey, hey!” Sydney said as she broke up a slapping match between them. “What day is it?”
“Thursday.” Olivia said quietly.
“Who’s turn is it on Thursdays?” Sydney asked.
“Alex.” Olivia said even quieter.
“That’s right.” Sydney said as she handed the remote to her son.
“Can we watch MTV?”
“NO.” Sydney said firmly.
“But Moooooooom, I’m sick of the Disney Channel. OH! Can I watch ESPN?” Alex asked.
“I suppose, what’s on?” Sydney asked.
Alex entered the proper channel on the remote and the screen flickered to the new channel. “Baseball.” He announced.
“That’s fine.” Sydney said as she walked off towards the kitchen.
“Baseball sucks.” Olivia said.
“OLIVIA! Language!” Sydney called from the kitchen.
“If you don’t like it don’t watch it twerp.” Alex retorted.
“Alex don’t call your sister names.” Sydney said dully, having repeated that line for the millionth time.
“She’s not even my sister.” Alex continued. “The aliens dropped her off on the doorstep ten years ago.”
“Stop!” Olivia cried.
“That’s right the aliens didn’t want you and neither did Mom and Dad they were just stuck with you because they made a deal with the aliens!” Alex taunted.
“MOMMY!” Olivia cried.
“Olivia the aliens didn’t drop you off.” Sydney sighed.
“Yes they did.” Alex smiled.
“Okay enough. Olivia come help Mommy set the dinner table.” Sydney said.
“I don’t wanna.” Olivia groaned.
“I’ll give you a dollar.”
“Okay!” Olivia said as she jumped off the couch and ran to the kitchen cabinets.
“Hey I’ll do it for money.” Alex said as he turned around a peered over the couch into the kitchen.
Sydney looked at him with one fist on her hip. “I’ll give you a quarter.”
“A quarter?!” Alex gasped. “But she got a dollar.”
“Yes, but I had to take out the teasing tax from yours.” Sydney smiled. Alex just turned around mumbling something about a ‘lousy quarter’ and Sydney couldn’t help but laugh.

first? :P

idk why im proud... okie *scampers off to read*

EDIT: lol teasing tax i love it! I'm so happy the sequel is up!

I wonder why the name is family secrets... hmmmm

PM me please!

Great Start....
i love how the children bicker lol
Where is Micheal and why does she not want them to watch MTV?
Thanks for the pm.
Update again soon.

Where is Michael while all this insanity is going on? The kids are typical and Syd's charging Alex for teasing tax is genius. Wish I had thought of it! Great start. I am even afraid to ask just what the angst is.I hope he is not dead.
Thanks for the PM

aww that was awesome, omg, i think it might even beat everythign else, wow, i want a pm please. but i thinkl im already on the list, lol.

thanks so much, wow no more pining over AP

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

I can't believe the sequel is FINALLY up!!!
It's so cute! Ugh, I can't wait for the next chapter.

PM List
aliasobsessed89
Sydney A Vaughn
sydneymicheal
sydney_alias_vaughn
Nancy O
cinders
Syd_Vaughn 4ver
SpyChic16
Alias_rocks_87

Yay the sequel :woot:
This was great teasing tax :lol: I wonder where Michael is right now
I can't wait for more and thanks for the PM

God with a children like that I'd go crazy!!!
Great sequel start :D Keep me posted on new chapters!!
Janet you rock!!!

CUTE! lol cant wait to read about Vaughn's entrance...do they kno about Vaughn's celebrity life and how he met Syd? that would be quite a story to tell about siblings fights soo typical! u made it more funny than it should be good start plez update soon :smiley:

By the clues given; wanting to ask Dad for a horse and Alex not to watch MTV. I get the impression, that Michael is still in the music business and still successful. However, there is something wrong, like Syd and Michael are separated. Or maybe that he went on tour and Syd didn't want him too. Or the really unthinkable, that Michael cheated on her and it was with the girl in his music video.

Since this is family angst, I'm just speculating that something happened to upset their perfect marriage.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

I want to be on the PM list!! OH OH!!!! PIck me!!! PICK ME!!! I love this story!!!! Please!!!! Me ME!!! OMV! I don't like kids like that!!! Alex and Oliva are getting on my nerves already!!!!!!!!!!

-Nadia :beret: 🤠 :Pirate2:

Hey!!!!!!!!
i read your fic and shes very cool!!!!!!!!1
Can I have a PM ????????????????????
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only 14 chapters :( ... that was great tho ... awww poor Syd must be going insane ... where is Michael ??? ... Oliva and Alex are soo cute ... love the teasing tax I am guessing the secret is that Michael was a star ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

Back