Family,...

You guys make it out to be that family is a great thing. I can't understand it. The thing is that I don't hate my parents, but I don't love them either. I never want to do stuff with them. I was away from them for a week and it was the happiest of my life, even though most of my friends decribed it as a living hell. I didn't think of them once. I don't know where the emptiness of emotion comes from, and it bothers me.

Patomac said:
You guys make it out to be that family is a great thing. I can't understand it. The thing is that I don't hate my parents, but I don't love them either. I never want to do stuff with them. I was away from them for a week and it was the happiest of my life, even though most of my friends decribed it as a living hell. I didn't think of them once. I don't know where the emptiness of emotion comes from, and it bothers me.
i understand u completely. i quarrel with my parents a lot. And i always wish they weren't home so I could be alone. Sometimes it makes me feel like i'm really ungrateful for all they've given me, but other times ( most actuallly) they pissed me off a lot!

as for my bro, he was away for like 10 days once, and i missed him a lot! i couldn't believe it, but now i've realized i actually love him. :blush:

I'm always wanting my parents to get out of the house. They need to leave sometimes. And I never feel ungrateful. It's just complete emptiness.

i want them to leave especially becuz i love being alone. but we're 5 ppl in the house, so it never happens. sometimes i do tell them they need to go out more. they don't take my advice.

Actually, come to think of it... I seem to have fonder feelings towards my parents while I'm away at college. And they seem to be nicer to me. So that I'll come home once in a while and pay attention to the dog. :rolleyes:

Betha Bristow said:
well what about the people who don't have a family?
even people who think they dont have family really do..God loves them..but whatever..thats juss my religious side talking..

lately i've been having lots of problems with my parents... they're just so crazy.
i the younger so my dad still treats me like im 10, and my mother is always yellig for some reason
have you seen "Malcom"? That's my mom.
and all they care about is my grades and i hate that
im not a good student, i never have.
but i do try, im studying a lot but that doesnt matter, it only matters if i get good grades.
and my mother never understands me, why i like alias, why i like writing fics or why i spent so muchb time on the computer.
my siblings always make fun of me for being an x files/alias freak.
it really sucks.
and im always grounded for some reason. i hate it.

Caro said:
Patomac said:
You guys make it out to be that family is a great thing.  I can't understand it.  The thing is that I don't hate my parents, but I don't love them either.  I never want to do stuff with them.  I was away from them for a week and it was the happiest of my life, even though most of my friends decribed it as a living hell.  I didn't think of them once.  I don't know where the emptiness of emotion comes from, and it bothers me.
i understand u completely. i quarrel with my parents a lot. And i always wish they weren't home so I could be alone. Sometimes it makes me feel like i'm really ungrateful for all they've given me, but other times ( most actuallly) they pissed me off a lot!

as for my bro, he was away for like 10 days once, and i missed him a lot! i couldn't believe it, but now i've realized i actually love him. :blush:
Patomac, i know what you mean! i dont hate, nor love my parents...they're just there...they're the kind of people who will annoy you to death! and when i go away for the weekend, when i come back, i'm a lot more relaxed, and my parents always comment on how nice to was without me

xoxilovevaughnxox said:
Betha Bristow said:
well what about the people who don't have a family?
yeah... i mean i think fmaily is one of the best things.. i know i ahte my family a lot.. but then there are times when ull miss tehm..
although this is true, i can NEVER put family first, ever. i have a LOT of issues with my family. more than anyone knows. i could NEVER stay in wisconsin for my family, i could NEVER do anything for my family unless i would get something out of it. and this may sound selfish, but where i come from, there's love, but alot of hate too, hate overpowers love and takes over. (itleast that's what it seems)

sorry if i said anything offensive...

......... well I know I shouldn't say this. and it may sound like I'm trying to get myself into a fight.... but no matter how bad you guys think your family is, and no matter how annoying and how much you hate them, there will always be someone with a worse life... or someone with more family issues than you ever have. So I apoligize if I'm butting in, but in my opinion, most of you sound a little selfish.

Bebri...i know what you mean...and i guess i am selfish, but whatever...i'll admit it, but i just feel this way...maybe it'll change, but i doubt it...i'm happiest when they're not around, and i doubt i'll stay in cali after school. maybe seeing them only maybe 3 times a year would be good for me..and them too.

anyways, i guess i am selfish, and you can think whatever of me you want, but i really dont care what anyone thinks of me...argh! this is reminding me of this girl on my basketball team in pe. one day i was feeling sick and my stomach really hurt and i was getting...erm...something female-ish that comes once a month...understand? so i wasnt feeling my best and i barelyplayed basketball, and i told her i really didnt feel weel with that and my allergies acting up! and then the next day i ask her, so are we playing? and she just sneers at me saying, dont you feel sick? and i say no...why would i? and she goes, well, you were sick yesterday, werent you? anyways, you dont have to play...so anyways, i got kinda pissed off since she thought i was lying and i just said to her, do you think i was making it up? do you think i'd make something up to get out of playing? Because if you do, just say so. If i really wanted to get out of playing, I wouldn't lie. I'd say, I'm lazy and i dont want to play. So, tell me, did you think i was lying about feeling sick yesterday? Anyways, no one on the team really likes her....

hmm well I did say "most" and I'm not trying to be a b*tch or anything. It's just that some people have really horrible lives compared to most of the people who have been complaing. I mean, sure, most of our families get on our nerves and can act really imature or ignorant at times. And sometimes we just seem to hate them to death or what not and wish we never saw them again. But lets be honest, most of you guys, what would you do if that wish came true? I mean, some people have it way worse than most of you. And it just irritates the hell outta me to hear a bunch of people complaining like children. Some of you may have it bad. But most of you, you have good lives mainly. There are a lot more things in this world besides what you think. Other people who don't have it so good may want to trade anything for your lives... and then all you people do is complain?!?!?!

sry if i'm being quite b*tchy right now. Sry if I offended anyone. And sry if I'm confusing the hell outta ya. I'll just shut up now and go off somewhere.

Betha Bristow said:
hmm well I did say "most" and I'm not trying to be a b*tch or anything. It's just that some people have really horrible lives compared to most of the people who have been complaing. I mean, sure, most of our families get on our nerves and can act really imature or ignorant at times. And sometimes we just seem to hate them to death or what not and wish we never saw them again. But lets be honest, most of you guys, what would you do if that wish came true? I mean, some people have it way worse than most of you. And it just irritates the hell outta me to hear a bunch of people complaining like children. Some of you may have it bad. But most of you, you have good lives mainly. There are a lot more things in this world besides what you think. Other people who don't have it so good may want to trade anything for your lives... and then all you people do is complain?!?!?!

sry if i'm being quite b*tchy right now. Sry if I offended anyone. And sry if I'm confusing the hell outta ya. I'll just shut up now and go off somewhere.
yeah, you're right Moria...

whenever I'm feeling extremely depressed and thinking about all teh bad things I'm going/gone through, I just think that no matter how much I want to die...that there are people worse off. And I should be thankful for what I have. :smiley:

KikiCourt said:
whenever I'm feeling extremely depressed and thinking about all teh bad things I'm going/gone through, I just think that no matter how much I want to die...that there are people worse off. And I should be thankful for what I have. :smiley:
There's plenty to live for in life. :smiley:

Back