Famous Students/Teachers

Do ya have any famous people that teach or go to your school?

Two of the graduates of my school are now in a band called Nifty Tom Fifty. Just a local NorCal band, but they've gone on tours all over the country. If any of ya guys listen to 1049 on the radio, they have performed for their Unplugged concerts. They're getting pretty popular, I must say.

One of my teachers ran for Congress in this past election, but he didn't win. :lol:

Hmm...I don't know if these are REALLY famous, but it kind of cool...

I think all the members of the Tragically Hip went to our school (or at least a few of them)

Simon Whitfield (gold medal Triathlon winner at Sydney olymipics) went to our school. It's neat because we have a display case of pictures of him in our school jersey running with track and cross country.

The speaker of our house of commons (Peter Miliken - a big federal political dude) went to our school. (I think so anyway, some political guy did!!)

I think there are a few others, but I can't remember them right now.

Yeah, we've got an actress in our school. She'll be in a movie this spring. Lindsey Lohan will make an appaerance in it. I can't remember the name of the movie though.

Ahh, yes I also forgot. One of our graduates was an extra in Princess Diaries...but I didn't see her lol. I hope she gets a movie where she actually has a line!

Hrm...off hand I can think of Jonas Salk...(polio vaccine)...we have alot of errrm...people in random places...one of the composers for Roger's and Hammerstein's (sp)...we have a "WALL OF FAME" for them...o_0...so yeeeah. Supreme court judges (think we had one or two)...nobel prize winners...hrm...yeah all the good stuff. Mainly from the old school though...so they are all resting in piece or ancient.

Classwise...I know like two girls in my grade that have done acting...like on comedy central...commericials...conan...ect...

Katherine Heigl went to the same high school as me... though she left a few years before I was there.

At my second HS in IL, Evan Lyseczek was a grade below me... he's not very famous now, but he's on the international figure skating circuit now, so he might be some day. He won junior nationals when I was a senior (he was a junior).

One of my teachers in middle school was the wife of a senator (Christopher Shays, CT, dem - i think). I don't think he's a senator anymore though.

well the dont go to my school but they did go to my school district haha anyways tiger woods went to western (which is a high school thats like 30 minutes away from my house) and gwen stefani went to loara which is like 45 minutes oh thats walking distance and i forgot who else OH YEA you know the twin sisters, tina and tamera from sister and sister went to dale jr high which is the school that i am currently attending. hahaha i cant think of anyone else right now

Yeah I don't know about high school, but our university played Alma Mater to Mark Andressen, who invented Mosaic, the first graphical internet browser. He later went on to found Netscape.

No one huge, but some of my school's alumni include former LA police chief, LA fire chief, a local news anchorman, and a player in the St. Louis Rams (I'm not sure if he's still on the team, but he was when they won the Superbowl a few years ago).

And I will be famous one day, of course ;)

Hmm, I that kid who was in American Pie/Country Bears, I forget his name... went to our school. I've never seen him, but someone told me, and I saw him in the year book... He graduated last year I think...

:Ph34r:

Mark Latham... [Opposition Leader in Aust]

Human Nature... [Boy Band]

Kate Richie... [H&A Actress]

... why do we get all the uncool people?? <_<

ooh and Dan O'Connor from Australian Idol 2? :love: :lol: the only good one.

Aliasfan13 said:
hahaha they have Australian Idol?! That's so cute! :lol:
[post="1160674"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Are you dissing Australia? I'll get the kookaburras to eat your eyes if you are ^_^

A famous Aussie swimmer, Michael Klim went to my school years ago, was in my sisters class, same as a tennis player, Mark "THE POO" Phillippoussis. I love that guy. :lol:

Aliasfan13 said:
hahaha they have Australian Idol?! That's so cute! :lol:
[post="1160674"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

cute? sher? :eyebrow: cute??

Hired-Goon said:
Are you dissing Australia? I'll get the kookaburras to eat your eyes if you are  ^_^

A famous Aussie swimmer, Michael Klim went to my school years ago, was in my sisters class, same as a tennis player, Mark "THE POO" Phillippoussis. I love that guy.  :lol:
[post="1161331"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

omg. :blink: the poo? i hate that guy.. grr.. <_< poor delta..

oh and for teachers, umm we had the caluculus teacher who taught tiger woods calculus, and the clown from the first air bud and in my cousins school is where they shot the first american pie and she was an extra but shes not famous lol

Back