Famous Students/Teachers

R&B artist Maya (she was also in the movie Chicago - sang Cell Block Tango) went to my high school (Bonita Vista High) - Britney Spears' little sister went to my middle school (I don't know her name though) Raquel Welch (very famous actress from the 60s/70s) went to La Jolla High (I graduated from there last year) - Dr. Seuss also lived in that area until his death. Papa Roach (band) are from my hometown (Imperial Beach) they were pretty famous a couple years ago, they now have their own label and produce. Andrew Cunanan (Versace killer) is also from around here and I'm pretty sure there are more, San Diego is an hour drive from L.A. but these stand out to me. :redhair:

Watch your feet, I'm about to drop some more names...

I forgot about RuPaul! He/she is from San Diego (even though he claims to be from Atlanta, homegurl grew up here and went to Gompers High School in the 70s)

And I know Jessica Alba's cousin (the fat one). :P

My grandpa knew Martin Sheen's brother. But I think my mom told me that Martin Sheen was either younger or older than my grandpa so they never talked much.

And I think John Ritter's wife lived in Cincinnati? Not sure though

Let's see, I went to high school with Audrey from the Apprentice and I went to college with John Peter Lewis from American Idol 3.

Then, one day I was watching Alias in the lounge at my apartment complex and a girl was there with her boyfriend and was like, oh, a guy from my high school is on this show, he graduated with my brother. She was referring to Sark and let's just say I was a little jealous.

Hmmm... see i don't think this is even worth metioning......caz like 2 people will know hwat i'm talikg about...

Well Jess Sheedy... Kevin Sheedy's(couch of Essendon) daughter... goes to my school...

Rea

Hahah, awesome!! Well i dunno if any of you have seen a movie called "The Sound of One Hand Clapping" but my friend from school was in that movie, it was a small part, but it was a speaking role! I looked at her script the other day.. it was groovy!

Yeah well im a great friend, ive never seen it! Its not on DVD or anything, so its hard to get your hands on! I think it was one of those crazy arthouse movies though...

Appareantly (sp?) my mom knew Kimmy and Kelly Deal from the Pixies and Breeders. They were on her Drill Team or something like that.

When she told me I was like "Hey... I know who those bands are"

I dont exactly like the Pixies but it's still pretty cool ^_^

Jessica Alba went to my junior high school (El Roble in Claremont,CA) and may have gone the same time as me since she's less than a year younger. Ironically IMDB says she graduated high school (not in Claremont that I recall) in 1997. Maybe she graduated early or got enrolled at an early age or something. I graduated high school in 1999. My half-sister (who will be a junior in a month) goes to Claremont High with a cousin of Jessica's.

Ben Harper went to my high school (Claremont) and graduated in 87. He even spoke at the 03 graduation ceremonies at the school's new football field when the football field was completed (our home games before were played at Bonita High in La Verne,CA). When I graduated, it was at one of the prestigious Claremont colleges on their football field. Some relatives of Harper own a folk music store/shop in downtown Claremont. The Hudlin brothers/directors (Menace II Society, Dead Presidents,From Hell) went there as well and grew up in Pomona,CA.

Mark McGwire grew up in Claremont even though he went to an all-boys high school in San Dimas,CA (Damien High).

Back