Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Fan Fic Contest :D

Discussion in 'Creative Writing & Arts' started by mystery_chick, Mar 20, 2003.

Tags:
  1. okay so i was thinking. and an idea popped up. I think we should have like a contest. Everyone can nominate a fic. Then every two weeks we can have a vote :D But since there's like over 100 fics here there should be a theme. Um... lets say this one be Futuristic fics so anythign that would happen in the future. So what do u guys think? Any ways. Let the nominations being :D
    --mandy :angelic:

2. twinzz2003

twinzz2003 Rocket Ranger

Can we nominate our own fics.

3. aliaschick4mv

aliaschick4mv Rocket Ranger

Hmm... interesting idea....

4. sure if you want. and FYI the fic doesn't have to be finished since there are like um.. next to none :D
    --mandy :angel;

5. Alias Elle

Alias Elle Rocket Ranger

*raises eyebrows* Boy, doesn't that make me feel better. I'm glad to see how quickly people forget about the very *first* stories on this board.

And I volunteer to be a judge (although some authors may come begging to you on hands and knees pleading not to let me be on) but seeing as how some people like my reviews and I can tell a pretty decent story from a rather crazy one, I might actually be helpful.

~Me :angel2:

6. IluvVaughn13

IluvVaughn13 Vaughnster's Girl

not a bad idea I like it

7. wait? are you refereing to my other fic or just others in general? cause i have hit a major writers block there. I need something special. A stroke of genius. Maybe i should run outside in the thunder storm so i might get shocked and get inspired... hehe j/k :LOL: any ways i think i'm confused now...

8. Okay now it's Offical. Alias Elle will help me with the judging and with possible and occasional inputs from Jo. Here's how it's gonna work.
    Every month there's gonna be a new topic, like best action and suspense or just fluffiest fluff :LOL: nomination days will last for 2 weeks. then we will round it up to the top five or six or what ever depending on the amount of nominatoin. Then we will post the "finalists" and everyone can vote The vote will be closed off after two weeks. :D How does this sound??? Any ways...
    the theme for first half of April : Futureistic Fics. Anything that happens at least 2 YEARS in the future. Every one is more than welcome to start new fics. So Let the writing and nominations being :)
    --Mandy :angelic:

9. Alias Elle

Alias Elle Rocket Ranger

Geez... you have further proved my point. I mean, the first stories that were up at these forums... A New Hope, If Tommorow Never Comes, a mission to spain... they have been forgotten!

10. uggghhh... would you think less of me if i said the only one i've actually followed is A new hope. I've started to read a mission to spain and then i think my midterms came up... hehe.

p.s. and they are NOT forgotten.

11. Sunfire_77

Sunfire_77 Rocket Ranger

That sounds great! So how do we submit? And when do we?

12. Alias Elle

Alias Elle Rocket Ranger

It's alright. No harm, no foul.

13. Alias Elle

Alias Elle Rocket Ranger

I believe you can either PM us with your nominations or you can just post them here.

14. Any times between now and April the fifth and you can submit it here with the title, author, and if you can a link. Plus PM either me and/or Alias Elle.
    --Mandy :angel;

15. Vaughn_Lovah

Vaughn_Lovah Vaughn's Chin Fondler

Ill just post mine here because I am lazy. ^_^
    I nominate....
    IluvVaughn13 - Vaughn's Journal
    Aliasgirl47 - Caught In a Dream
    liliana - A New Life Is Just Beginning

There you go. I love those fics.

16. um... which fics?
    --Mandy :angelic:

17. Vaughn_Lovah

Vaughn_Lovah Vaughn's Chin Fondler

the 3 i just put up.....

18. Alias Elle

Alias Elle Rocket Ranger

Links, I tell you, links! Okay, acting like mad scientist over here... when you nominate a story, if you don't put a link in it, we won't consider it for nomination. Sorry, but there are just too many stories on this board for us to go looking through all eight pages trying to find which story you were talking about. Also, when you nominate, don't nominate a story ten times over. If you see it already posted (with a link, mind you) then just say that you agree with x.

~me :angel2:

19. Sunfire_77

Sunfire_77 Rocket Ranger

I dont know how to link! :( Hmm maybe if I try first :) hehehe

20. Alias Elle

Alias Elle Rocket Ranger

You go to the first page of the story you want to nominate, copy the url, then come here, go to reply, click http, paste the previously copied URL in the box that pops up, and in the next box that pops up type in the name of the story. It's relatively simple.