Fans Dropping

The longer alias stays off the air the more fans this show is going to lose. What's going on with this show. So many people are just sick of the long wait until the season premier airs.

The real Alias fans will wait. Alias is too addictive. if u have tried it once you can never let go. i thin fans won't dissapear. if thete wouldn't be any more seasons then people would start hating ABC and soon Alias would dissapear into the darkness.

^ I agree

The fact that I have to wait is only making me more excited - even though im getting a little frustrated too.
I love this show and nothing will ever make me stop watching unless of course vaughn actually tries to murder sydney and then im done :lol: but i dont think thats much of a possibility :rolleyes:

I'm with Janet on this one.... it's making me even more excited.... I do worry though that the fans who don not visit sites like this are not aware of the reasons behind the January move. The members on AA are so rabidly addicted that we know the ins and outs of it -- I'm not so sure that other Alias fans even know that it's not coming back until January.... :thinking:

All I have to say is I hope that ABC promotes, promotes, and promotes like they did with Lost and Deperate Housewives.... :smiley: (y) ;)

There are many fans of the show who don't visit these forums, know nothing else about the show, but who enjoy it via DVD or whenever they can find it. The interruptions were just killing the momentum of the show. It certainly did for me. Alias was really meant to be shown commercial-free on HBO. I've always said it was on the wrong network and at the wrong hour (it IS a violent show).

And while the wait is killing me (yeah, fan fiction), I am so looking forward to January 2005.

Alias is a cult show. It may never find the ratings numbers, because it is complicated and does require brain power to keep up with the plots and character relationships. If ABC does a really great job of marketing the show between now and the start of the season, and it continues to get good words from critics, then perhaps, more people will watch, because ABC is doing a dramatic turnaround in programming and ratings, with "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives" (good gawd, 21 million viewers???).

ABC should put Sydney back up in Times Square!

When Alias comes back on, the fans will return. Some shows 'take a break' in order to gain more interest, not lose it (ie The Sopranos).

And if this extended break gives the production team a chance to improve on last season's flaws, I think it is a good idea.

I'm going to be off in the third world until mid-February, so it doesn't really matter to me anyway. :lol:

The Aussie Alias fanbase has to wait this long for each new season to come our way (what's the bet we're going to have to wait even longer), yet Alias still shows strong ratings.

ABC will outline an effective ad campaign and hopefully regain the interest of those fans who are tired of the wait. I'm sure most fans are aware that the extended break will hopefully improve Alias and make it better than before ;)

If they screw up the promotions of Alias and the ratings drop and the show gets cancelled I will personally lead anyone who will follow me over to ABC and torch the place. (I am joking of course, so if someone does burn down ABC, don't blame me!)

I am trying to be optimistic, though. The new season sounds good and should bring new fans into the fold.

Although I hate waiting for my favorite show to come back on, I think it will be a very good thing that they are going to show all the episodes in a row without too many breaks.

camilethehopelessromantic said:
The longer alias stays off the air the more fans this show is going to lose. What's going on with this show. So many people are just sick of the long wait until the season premier airs.
[post="1018856"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i hate waiting for programs, because i am really impatient. although this may sound strange but i think the longer you wait the better, cos it will make you more excited and love the show even more.

actually, that makes a lot of sense...or at least to me it does :lol:

the more i wait, the more anxious and excited i'm becoming! i'm going to explode like a bottle of champagne on the premier night :woot:

by the way, how do they count the viewers? like, you have to watch the entire show for it to count as 1 viewer, or do you just have to watch a show for like 15 minutes? :blink:

a research company does a representative study on say 5000 households as to what shows are watched then that number is related to the entire population. So everyone should try and recruit as many people as possible to watch alias!!! so that the ratings skyrocket

i'm sure things will be perfectly fine from jj's end. and if abc promotes the way everyone knows they should, then alias should get great ratings. i'm hopeful ;)

i really don't think that they are going to be losing any fans, as long as the promote the show right...people are going to forgert to look for it in the tvguide...they should do all the promos during lost and desperate housewives....well not all but a lot
L.

i dont think so... maybe alias will pick up some new fans because its been off air so long. new ppl might get interested. all of my friends are eagerly waiting for january!!

i dont think that we are going to be losing any fans just bc of the hiatus....we just need some good promos and a lot during lost and desperate housewife bc ppl are going to forget to look foralias
L.

Back