Sci-Fi Fantastic Four (2005)

Alias_Gay

Ensign
Release Date: July 8th, 2005 (wide)

Distributor: 20th Century Fox

Production Company: 1492 Pictures (Monkeybone, Cheaper by the Dozen), Marvel Entertainment (Iron Man, Spider-Man 2)

Cast:
Michael Chiklis (Benjamin J. Grimm, AKA 'The Thing'),
Ioan Gruffudd (Reed Richards, AKA 'Mr. Fantastic'),
Jessica Alba (Sue Storm, AKA 'The Invisible Girl'),
Chris Evans (Johnny Storm, AKA 'The Human Torch'),
Julian McMahon (Dr. Doom),
Kerry Washington (Alicia Masters),
Maria Menounos,
Stan Lee (Willy Lumpkin)

chris_evans1.jpg
drdoom1.jpg

fantastic1.jpg
fantastic1.jpg

fantastic1.jpg
fantastic1.jpg

So, are you gonna be watching when this film comes out?

And Gendo, I know ... I just wanna know what you think about this film ... ;)

I am really excited about this movie, I can't wait. I was reading somewhere and the "die hard" fans were commenting on the trailer, saying that everything was wrong and the actors were too young and the thing was wrong in the costume dept. Well apparently they aren't too young cause they are starting off from the beginning, the very beginning and the thing is correct because the first few comics were almost exactly the same as the movie. Anyways, it looks great, but I heard that they don't have the human torch engulf himself with fire, he can only light things with his hands, which was what the writers were going for, cause they wanted it to be more realistic???

Ok, this may make me sound old. But I used to love the Fantastic Four cartoons when I was a kid. So I am looking forward to the movie. If it's a hit, they might bring back the cartoons.

I think it looks really cheesy, but maybe that's just me. The crackly dude looks like a mix between The Hulk and Hellboy, the two guys look like twins, the stretchy thing is a little too "The Incredibles", and the villian (although played by Julian McMahon) looks a little over-the-top too.

Again, that's just my first impression.

The Thing ("the crackly dude"), the Hulk, and Hellboy, although all are very big, their similarities end there. Mr. Fantastic's grey roots should be enough to differentiate him from the Human Torch. And it's funny you mention the Incredibles, since that was basically a big rip off of the Fantastic Four. The Fantastic Four was the first "family of superheroes" story, and the similarities are numerous (stretching powers, Mr. Fantastic/ Mr. Incredible, the Invisble Girl (now the Invisible Woman)/Elastigirl, all-powerful child, etc.)

I wanna see this. It looks pretty fun.
Chris evans is in the movie! I like him. Plus, I sorta like Jessica Alba. so im really looking foward to this movie.

The full trailer is attached to Mr. & Mrs. Smith, if you wanna see it! :smiley: It looks pretty good to me... though again with the Britons taking on American accents. :rolleyes: C'mon! Let 'im speak the way he does normally. :P It's sexier. ;)

I cannot wait to see this movie! I've seen like every recent superhero movies, like I'm gonna see Batman so now I have to see this one! Plus, I loved Jessica Alba when she was in Dark Angel(<<even though it got cancelled) and I love, lOvE, LOVE! Julian McMahon! I loved him in Charmed and now in Nip/Tuck, he's such a great actor. They have a great cast, the movie should be awesome! Plus, Julian McMahon plays a good villian.

Did anyone else see this movie?

It was pretty good. The beginning felt rushed a little, but it wasn't a big problem. The characters were pretty cool except Johnny who was really annoying (purposefully, I know). The action was cool, however they didn't really use their powers for anything other than saving all the people on the bridge and fighting Dr. Doom....I wish they would have used them to fight crime like Spiderman.

Other than that it was good. I'd give it a B.

ya that's what i thought. the end seemed a but rushed like when doom became the the bad guy with the electricity and then they fought him. it went by real fast. maybe it was just me? but ya good summer blockbuster!

I was going to see it for the premiere on Thrusday night, but they over sold tickets and we got there too late. I was so upset! :angry: