Sci-Fi Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007)

As part of my catching up on missed movies, I just watched Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.

Not a bad popcorn movie. The return of Von Doom was nice though you are not supposed to think about what the odds are of the Surfer circling the globe just happens to go over Doom's castle in Latvia and just happens to be close enough for the Cosmic Radiation to affect him. I know, I know... you're not supposed to think about those things with popcorn movies.

My only impression after watching the whole thing was: I do not remember Galactus being a giant storm cloud. :rolleyes: The entire scene of Surfer going upwards through the funnel cloud I kept expecting at least a glimpse of the actual Galactus would be shown. I know what you Marvel fans are going to say... Galactus takes on the form that the species viewing him can most comprehend. That may be true, but considering that his form, as least as humans view him, has been well established in the comics it would have been nice to at least have some similar imagery in the movie.

The only scene in the whole movie that really made me think "Oh, brother!" was when Johnny Storm asks Reed Richards, upon viewing the new "Fantasticar" flying vehicle and seeing a Dodge front-end on it along with the Dodge logo, if it has a 'hemi' it and Richards answers that it does. Oy, ve!

I enjoyed both of the Fantastic Four movies... the scene with the Silver Surfer fighting off the Air Force attack was worth the price of admission. And the casting was really good, too.

Not sure which movie was better, 1 or 2... hmm...