Fantasy/Sci-Fi Books

A really good fantasy author is Sara Douglass. I've read most of her work, with the exceptions of "The Crucible" trilogy and her newest "The Troy Game". Although the operative word with her books is long, they're pretty gripping stuff, even though the phrase "What the...?" did have a tendency to run through my mind occasionally.

Some other good novels are Elizabeth Haydon's "Rhapsody" trilogy, Cecilia Dart-Thornton' s "The Bitterbynde" (another trilogy) and Sean William's "Books of the Change" (trilogy again).

There's more but those are the main one I can think of at the moment.

I love McCaffery's Pern series, Card's Ender series, Douglass's books and Jordan's Wheel of Time series, but to add some new blood, Bishop's Black Jewel's trilogy, Asimov's Robot series, Brin's Glory Season, Cowper's Clone, Native Tongue by Elgin, Water witch by Willis, Wise Child by Furlong, Niven's books, Pullman's books, Roberson's Chronicles, Sargent's books, Mutants by Silverberg, Sherwood Smith's Crown Duel, and Vinge's Pison books.

I loved Melanie Rawn's Exiles Trilogy she hasn't brought out the third yet but they are awesome.Jacqueline Carey her three books about Kushiel.Also Juliet Marillier's Sevenwaters Trilogy all these books are very cool

liliana said:
I loved Melanie Rawn's Exiles Trilogy she hasn't brought out the third yet but they are awesome.Jacqueline Carey her three books about Kushiel.Also Juliet Marillier's Sevenwaters Trilogy all these books are very cool
ditto the sevenwaters trilogy. i don't read much fantasy, but i absolutely adored these books, especially Son of the Shadows.

two of the best i've ever read are 1)a game of universe and 2) triple detente. i can't remember the authors but i think the second one's by piers anthony. (y)

You guys are missing out if you haven't read:
Anne McCaffrey's Pern books (and Todd's new one Dragon's kin)
Tamora Pierce's Tortall books
Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar and other books (which i'm just entering)
Patricia C. Wrede's Enchanted Forest chronicles (quartet) and Marielon the Magician and the Magician's Ward (a duology)
Christopher Paolini's Eragon
Stardust and Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (which were the books that got me hooked on fantasy)

These are all the books i can vouch for, but reading is a neverending adventure and there are millions out there to read.
(that sounds kinda corny. but so am i, so it's alright) :smiley:

vaughnsydfan said:
You guys are missing out if you haven't read:
Anne McCaffrey's Pern books (and Todd's new one Dragon's kin)
Tamora Pierce's Tortall books
Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar and other books (which i'm just entering)
Patricia C. Wrede's Enchanted Forest chronicles (quartet) and Marielon the Magician and the Magician's Ward (a duology)
Christopher Paolini's Eragon
Stardust and Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (which were the books that got me hooked on fantasy)

These are all the books i can vouch for, but reading is a neverending adventure and there are millions out there to read.
(that sounds kinda corny. but so am i, so it's alright) :smiley:
[post="968047"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree completely :lol: I've read all of them but Eragon, for some reason I just haven't. Seen it in book stores enough times :lol:

A Clockwork Orange is really good if you have the patience to read it (you have to constantly flip back to the glossary). Then there's Interview with the Vampire, American Gods (Neil Gaiman), Eragon, and (this is a super bizarre book) The Book of the Dun Cow (author's last name is Wangerin).

Back