Far Too Long

:eek:ldhi:

Chapter 2

Wednesday.

Sydney paced around her apartment, glancing at the clock. They were supposed to meet in half an hour. Usually they got together on the same days every week.

Monday. Wednesday. Friday.

Every two days. She didn’t know what he was saying that he was doing at those days. And she didn’t really want to know.

This morning at work, Sydney had had the same long conversation with Nadia. Once again she had agreed to break up with him but she doubted she would be able to do so. Why had she gotten herself into that situation? Why didn’t she stop the minute she found out?

There was a knock at the door and she knew who it was. Nervously she walked towards it and after hesitating for a few moments; she slowly opened the door, stepping aside to let him in.

He leaned in to kiss her but she backed away. If she let him kiss her she never would be able to end it. He looked at her irritated and then sighed.

“Sydney,” He said quietly, trying to close the distance between them but she took another step back.

“No, Michael.” She looked away and whispered, her voice shaking, “We can’t do this anymore.”

“Please,” Michael lifted her chin to make her look at him, “Didn’t we talk about this already?”

“Stop it.” Sydney pleaded, feeling her barriers crumbling again, making her give in again.

“I love you, Syd.” Michael said sincerely.

“Then why don’t you leave her?” Sydney looked at him, desperately wanting him to say what she needed to hear. Needing to hear he would finally be together with her. Only her. And not only in secret but in public.

“You know why.” Michael sighed, wondering why they had to have this talk over and over again.

“That’s just a poor excuse and you know it.” Sydney said defensively, getting out of his reach again.

“Can we talk about this another time?” Michael asked, stepping closer and placed a soft kiss on her lips. This time she let him but then pulled away.

“We can’t do this anymore, we…” Sydney was silenced by his lips on hers again.

“We can.” He mumbled against her lips, pushing her slowly into the direction of her bedroom.

“Michael…” She tried to protest, putting her hands on his chest to push him away but she couldn’t even try to do so.

Sighing inwardly she leaned into the kiss, deepening it any step they got closer to her bed.

Once again she gave in and once again she would feel awful afterwards.

Two hours later Michael was gone and Sydney alone again, pondering what she would tell Nadia tomorrow. Probably the same as always. It hadn’t been the first time, and it certainly wasn’t going to be the last time.

They had met in college, first year, and had become friends, though she almost instantly fell for him. Ten years ago. But she never once had told him about her feelings. Then,one year later, Michael had moved away and they hadn’t heard from each other at all.

By chance they had met again on a conference two years ago. They both were doctors, which probably made it a lot easier for Michael to cover things up. When they ran into each other again, Michael had just moved to Los Angeles again and they found out that he would start working at the same hospital as Sydney.

Sometimes Sydney wished they hadn’t met that day.

“Sydney?” She turned around and looked at the man who was calling her name, wondering for a few seconds who he was.

“Michael.” Sydney said surprised, “What are you doing here?”

“Probably the same as you.” Michael laughed and pointed at the nametag on his jacket saying ‘Doctor Vaughn’.

“No, I mean what are you doing in LA? Do you live here again?” Sydney was happy to see him again. When they met at college 8 years ago Sydney had a crush on him and seeing him now brought old feelings back.

“Yes, I just moved back.” Michael replied smiling though there was a certain detail he didn’t mention.

“That’s great.” Sydney smiled at him.

They spent the rest of the day talking and catching up on their lives.

“Um…do you want to go out some time?” Michael asked her nervously.

“I’d love to.” Sydney replied smiling brightly.

If only she had known. Why hadn’t he told her right then? Right: because then she never would have agreed. And by the time she knew she was already too much in love with him.

Michael’s cell phone ran while he was in the shower so Sydney took it to see who was calling and if it was important. The name on the display wasn’t ringing any bells and so she answered it.

“Hello?” Sydney asked.

“Who are you?” A woman asked irritated.

“Who are you?” Sydney asked back, wondering who the woman was.

“I’m Michael’s wife.” She stated, “So now it’s your turn.”

Sydney felt as if she was going to get sick, “I’m…” She had no idea what to answer and luckily Michael came right at that moment, taking the phone from her. Well, luckily for Michael.

“You’re… married?” Sydney swallowed. They’ve been together for a month now and he’d never said a word.

If only she had known.

review :P you know you want to :lol:

pm list

AliasSydney502
Lovygirl
6helterskelter6
Catpin
syd-157
angels_fire_88
grassyass
superspy
tunita
texasalias2004
Freelancer7315
vaughnshoney
derevkointraining
SpygirlAmy
redwolf88
secret_agent_angel
ChrisM
tubby
aprilsfool6
SydneyVaughn47

sydneymicheal
funkymonkey
vaughnroxmysox
sand2604
angdalton
dandan
KAliasGirl
fire*N*ice
vaughnsgurl4lf
NadiaSantosFan
cookiemonster
Kate_14
gtwallichs
vaughn4eva24
mnkdance963
icaughtmeasark

I can't believe you!!! It's Michael Vaughn, we are talking about!! God!! How could you?! Vaughn would never ever cheated on his wife! At this moment I really consider that I will never read next update of this story!!

I'm so disappointed with you!

:angry:

ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

stupid michael (yes i just said tht) but how can he treat syd like tht!!!!!!!!!!!

fix this soon please!!!!!!!!!

update soon

Sydney needs to grow some 'balls' and kick Michael's sorry a$$ out of her life. I know she loves him, I know she's weak, but doesn't she have some pride? Sticking around with a lying, cheating, SOB? I don't care what excuse he's using to continue the affair, he's just a scumbag. He's using her for sex, plain and simple. If he loved her at all he'd leave his wife. And, Sydney's downright pitful to accept the small crumbs of a relationship he gives her. I hope she does break it off!

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

That's not smart man!!!!!!!! Damn cheating Vaughn... hmm... even though I hate that fact... I haven't read any fic with a cheating Vaughn

So I'm curious to read more!

Thanks for the PM :P cookie

OO I'm not happy wih Vaughn at the moment!!!
-How could he not tell her!!!
And why does Syd keep letting herself get hurt!!!
-Thanks for the pm!!!

Wow. . I mean wow. . That scene where Vaughn kissed her and told her that he wants to keep doing this and its okay was so wicked. . I mean his a jerk but still really wow. . Thanks for the pm.

Back